Shutdown from Anavar!!!...Please Help!!!

mranak said:
Too much hCG can desensitize the leydig cells. That is, cause permenant damage. 1,000iu/day is borderline and with all likelihood it wouldn't be a problem. But why chance it? 500iu/day is more than enough to fully stimulate the leydig cells to make testosterone.

Thanks Mranak. How long is Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) typically run??? He has me running it for 20 days...then I'm not sure what he'll have me do. Is this right??? Are there any side benefits to the substance other than kicking me back up...ie increased strength, hardness (other than my unit)????

Thanks.

newdude2005 said:
Thanks Mranak. How long is Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) typically run???
Twice/week or perhaps every 3-4 days throughout the cycle. hCG isn't a post cycle therapy (pct) drug.

newdude2005 said:
He has me running it for 20 days...then I'm not sure what he'll have me do. Is this right??? Are there any side benefits to the substance other than kicking me back up...ie increased strength, hardness (other than my unit)????

Thanks.
Side benefits? No, not really.

Your physician really doesn't know what he is doing in this department so even if did did understand his logic, it would still be wrong. I doesn't appear that you were ever heavily suppressed (thus bring down your testosterone to <100) so I really see no reason to use the hCG.

mranak said:
I have seen literally hundreds of lab tests from men using ~100mg of testosterone cypionate/week which is actually less than 100mg of testosterone propionate. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was suppressed.

MENTZER is the guy the claims that Anavar isn't suppressive. You now know that isn't true. He recommends supplements instead of real and proven post cycle therapy (pct). He makes assertions without proper bloodwork. Just ignore him. If you aren't sure, then PM any mod on this board and ask them what they think of MENTZER's statements versus mine.

Now, what you said about just giving it a little more time and getting another bloodtest before taking any action...that makes sense. But, if you wanted to go ahead and do a proper post cycle therapy (pct) (Nolvadex, Clomid), then that wouldn't hurt.

Why are you so ignorant, do you have a g/f or wife, if you do then i would like to know how the hell they put up with you. I said its the mildest drug on the planet. Ofcourse its suppresive but not to the same level as others. There are different levels at which these drugs suppress you.Jesus christ.

Intead of posting the link why dont you post my comments where i said it wasnt suppressive.

Last edited:
MENTZER said:
Intead of posting the link why dont you post my comments where i said it wasnt suppressive.
MENTZER: You've said all kinds of shit, and you've contradicted yourself, even in your last post.

Go off and believe whatever the hell you want about all of this stuff; I don't care. But I won't tolerate you attacking everyone that disagrees with you and your trying to intimidate others.

Holy shit....it's just like grade school with some of the immature bullshit comments in this thread. You guys had best chill a bit.

Oxandrolone causes significant suppression at 15mg ED within 5 days:

from: http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/84/8/2705

...Total serum T concentrations were within normal physiological range on day 0 (449 ± 35 ng/dL) and day 3 (441 ± 44 ng/dL) of OX treatment. However, by day 5, total serum T concentrations were significantly reduced (282 ± 45 ng/dL; P < 0.05) below day 0 and day 3 values (Fig. 3)...

eg0895923003.gif

Figure 3. Total androgen concentration. Total serum T (hatched portion) and OX (black portion) concentrations in five young men on days 0, 3, and 5. *, T decreased significantly from days 0 and 3 to day 5 (P < 0.05).

Stonecold,

I now know from personal experience that a small amount of oxandrolone can shut you down. Given my situatiuon what do you recommend??? Keep in mind when my bloodwork was done I was at the tail end of my last cycle so I must have been supressed. Would you follow my Dr's advice with the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) (see original post) or something else (do nothing???)

Would like your opinion.

Thanks.

Back