Sick Of Acne On TRT. Have You Cured It?

babyface58

Doing the TRT thing
I counted.

I currently have 23 red, lumpy "pimples" on my back and shoulders (and 2 on my chest).

This is the ONLY side effect of TRT that is really pissing me off beyond belief. I feel great on TRT but I can't stay on it if it's going to make my body look gross like this. Girls don't like it and I don't like it. Acne on your back and shoulders is not a good look no matter who you are.

My protocol is E4D Test Cyp. And I take 0.25mg anastrozole and 250iu HCG on the same day.

I'm familiar with a bunch of methods to control acne but none seem to be helping so far.

So I wanted to ask, for you guys on TRT who have once had an issue with acne and you've actually improved or cleared it up, what worked for you?

I counted.

I currently have 23 red, lumpy "pimples" on my back and shoulders (and 2 on my chest).

This is the ONLY side effect of TRT that is really pissing me off beyond belief. I feel great on TRT but I can't stay on it if it's going to make my body look gross like this. Girls don't like it and I don't like it. Acne on your back and shoulders is not a good look no matter who you are.

My protocol is E4D Test Cyp. And I take 0.25mg anastrozole and 250iu HCG on the same day.

I'm familiar with a bunch of methods to control acne but none seem to be helping so far.

So I wanted to ask, for you guys on TRT who have once had an issue with acne and you've actually improved or cleared it up, what worked for you?
I've been prone to acne since I became a teenager. And a high sugar diet is my biggest enemy. It hasn't changed now. So I cut my sugar intake, and pretty much eliminated soda. And increased my water intake. It has helped quite a bit

From what I have read here, your estradiol levels could be getting high. Have you had it checked recently?

I get acne when my estradiol gets elevated. o
Otherwise I am perfectly fine. Some guys have said they get it on hCG regardless of estradiol levels. If your E2 is fine, you could drop the hCG to see if it clears up.

No I've just started a new protocol and am getting bloodwork this week. (Switched from gel to injections.)

I got some acne with the gel but the injections are giving me worse, big fat acne "lumps" that are much more noticeable.

For this bloodwork I'm going to get it the day of my injection (before injection) to measure the trough numbers... Then a week or two after I'll get blood drawn 24 hours after injection to get my peak numbers (or should I do 48 hours after injection?)

I'm sure I'll be able to learn a lot from these numbers... Maybe I'll need more anastrozole around my T injection.

No I've just started a new protocol and am getting bloodwork this week. (Switched from gel to injections.)

I got some acne with the gel but the injections are giving me worse, big fat acne "lumps" that are much more noticeable.

For this bloodwork I'm going to get it the day of my injection (before injection) to measure the trough numbers... Then a week or two after I'll get blood drawn 24 hours after injection to get my peak numbers (or should I do 48 hours after injection?)

I'm sure I'll be able to learn a lot from these numbers... Maybe I'll need more anastrozole around my T injection.

48 hours.

Try taking low dose zinc daily. Something like 22 mg picolinate made by solgar. Highly absorbable and not too extreme a dose. My Estradiol is dialed in and no acne.
dont take too much zinc it inceases RBCs all that quicker when on TRT.

Try taking low dose zinc daily. Something like 22 mg picolinate made by solgar. Highly absorbable and not too extreme a dose. My Estradiol is dialed in and no acne.
dont take too much zinc it inceases RBCs all that quicker when on TRT.

I've been taking 50mg of Picolinate a day for the last 4 weeks to see if it lowers my slightly elevated E2. Think that is too much to keep taking?

I've been taking 50mg of Picolinate a day for the last 4 weeks to see if it lowers my slightly elevated E2. Think that is too much to keep taking?

It will mess with copper some over the long run. ...
too much...not really. But it should increase HCT a tad quicker while on TRT keep in mind.

I've all but eliminated my TRT induced acne. TRT (125mg per week) gave me a decent amount of back acne. The addition of 0.25mg adex has cleared me right up. My E2 levels were at the top of range prior to adding the adex. I'm due a blood test to confirm what the E2 level is now.

I can confidently say (in my case) the acne was due to high E2. As I went on and off the adex a couple of times while I experimented with dosage. And the reduction in acne directly followed the adex usage.

For the record I've never used HCG.

It will mess with copper some over the long run. ...
too much...not really. But it should increase HCT a tad quicker while on TRT keep in mind.

I just got some blood work back and my E2 came down to 32 from 49, so Zinc definitely worked in that regard, but my HCT jumped up 2 points, still only at 46 though. Will be giving blood though just to be safe.

I've all but eliminated my TRT induced acne. TRT (125mg per week) gave me a decent amount of back acne. The addition of 0.25mg adex has cleared me right up. My E2 levels were at the top of range prior to adding the adex. I'm due a blood test to confirm what the E2 level is now.

I can confidently say (in my case) the acne was due to high E2. As I went on and off the adex a couple of times while I experimented with dosage. And the reduction in acne directly followed the adex usage.

For the record I've never used HCG.

Great to hear that. I'm assuming that's 0.25mg per week of the Adex? On the day of injection?

My acne/greasy skin started 5 months into TRT... which was about 1.5 months ago. May have been the low dose HCG, maybe not. Definately wasnt E2, as mine was and still is low.

I have been trying this (only twice a day) based on Dr Crisler's recommendations from his forums with what I perceive to be success... "To treat acne, try B-5 (Pantethine) 750 mg with 250 mg of L Carnitine, three times per day."

Seems to be clearing. I also use a small rub of 10% Benzoyl Peroxide cream on trouble spots. Gotta be careful though... first you freak out from acne and slobber it all over, then you get to freak out from insanely irritated red skin from overusing it.

-Jim

Back