Sleep Apnea and Deca Usage

Roush

I am banned!
Just curious if anyone has experienced sleep apnea (or breathing problems while sleeping) when running Deca, especially towards the tail end of a deca cycle , like weeks 12+ ??

Awhile back I had sleep apnea issues,, I then went on a Ketogenic diet and the sleep apnea completely went away, as well as did my elevated blood pressure and a host of other issues.. But remembering back to when this problem was at its worst it was at the tail end of a cycle with deca .

Well here I am at the tail end of another deca blast and sleep apnea issues have developed again (no I'm not in Keto as I am bulking) . This is the third time with Deca that this issue has developed, so that is why I'm directly correlating the deca usage with the sleep apnea issue.

I can run other compounds like masteron, primo, test, etc. and have not issues ,, heck, I can even do 6 week blasts of NPP (which is just fast acting deca, nandrolone in a short ester) and have no issues . but for some reason the Nandrolone in the Deacaonate ester causes this issue to come up.

any ideas ??? why would the Decaonate ester in nandrolone have any relation to or cause for sleep apnea

note:
- was only running 400 mg of deca, along with masteron and test
- my blood pressure has not gotten high on this blast like on previous deca blasts
- my resting heart rate has elevated some , but that is expected on a bulk

Keeping an eye on this thread :). Such an important question. Lack of oxygen to the brain and to rebuilding muscles aint nothing to play with.

How much weight have you put on during your cycle? Bigger chest can bring it on.

I am guessing it went away last time on Keto as you were probably restricting calories and thus dropping pounds (and glycogen) along with ending your cycle.

How much weight have you put on during your cycle? Bigger chest can bring it on.

I am guessing it went away last time on Keto as you were probably restricting calories and thus dropping pounds (and glycogen) along with ending your cycle.

It's been a crappy cycle this go around, too much stuff going on to stay focused .. Put on about 10 lbs is all, and rather slowly . Nothing drastic .. In the past there was a time I had surgery and lost 25 pounds or so, then got back in the gym and bulked up quick and put the 25+ pounds back on really quick , like in 6 weeks and that caused my BP to spike . But this go around it's been a slow steady thing with not a whole lot of intensity or whole lot of calories .. It's just now 12+ weeks in with the deca and the sleep apnea issue just started back up again .

Yeah last time it went away I did go keto and depleted all my glycogen stores and lost a lot of water weight.. And the sleep apnea has stayed away for a good year or so, no issues at all,, again until just now with the deca .
During that year I ran test and masteron and went into a calorie surplus with carbs as well and did not have an issue .. It's just an odd coincidence every time this issue has come up it's been with deca involved .
I can front load a cycle with test prop and dbol and put on a quick 10 lbs of water weight and my blood pressure will go real high , but I won't have any sleep apnea issues .. It's kind of odd. So I don't think it's the weight gain . I'm not holding much water now , BP is 120/70

Guys on TRT - all things being equal - can be more prone to Sleep Apnea. So a cycle can have the same effect. And heavier chests make sleep apnea more likely too. Probably just a combo of the two. Keep in mind as well that running Deca usually means that you are running a longer duration cycle.

Any androgens you use can cause sleep apnea. Why? The direct relation between the two I dont know. Why you experienced this with Deca over PP is hard to say but I would have to agree with Mega in that it probably has to do with the length of time ran. PP is in quicker and out quicker so maybe your body doesnt have time to react this way on it. Its almost impossible to say really though.

I have had sleep apnea, very bad, years ago on a Test only cycle. It was to the point it would wake me up and it wasnt pleasant by any means. It only happened a few times and Ive never experienced it since on any hormone or combination of hormones.

Brother I experience the exact same thing with deca. I actually catch myself before it happens sometimes. There's different types of sleep apnea....one form is referred to as "obstructive". Basically means it's caused by something blocking your airway. That's what I get when I run deca. I'm convinced it had to do with the fact that deca makes my neck wider. When I'm on deca my neck is thick and I can feel the weight of it block off my wind pipe while I sleep. It's a very weird sensation but when I finally feel myself falling asleep, a muscle in my throat/neck relaxes and just collapses on itself which chokes me out for a few seconds until I wake up. I can avoid it sometimes by sleeping on my side or stomach, but it sucks because i'm most comfortable on my back.

Man. I'm baffled. I have it on or off cycle and suppose to wear a mask to sleep but fuk that. Lol

Brother I experience the exact same thing with deca. I actually catch myself before it happens sometimes. There's different types of sleep apnea....one form is referred to as "obstructive". Basically means it's caused by something blocking your airway. That's what I get when I run deca. I'm convinced it had to do with the fact that deca makes my neck wider. When I'm on deca my neck is thick and I can feel the weight of it block off my wind pipe while I sleep. It's a very weird sensation but when I finally feel myself falling asleep, a muscle in my throat/neck relaxes and just collapses on itself which chokes me out for a few seconds until I wake up. I can avoid it sometimes by sleeping on my side or stomach, but it sucks because i'm most comfortable on my back.

that is pretty interesting ,, my neck runs about an inch bigger when I'm bulking on a long cycle , maybe thats related.

on a side note, I've read that marijuana is a natural remedy to help with sleep apnea , it has a relaxing effect on the muscles in the neck and the air ways and helps you breath easier while sleeping

I've known numerous people with cancer and glaucoma that didn't use it including my parents. I'll stick with my opinion.

so its been a couple weeks since my last injection of Deca.. I also decided to shed a few pounds of water weight. Sleep apnea issue has now gone away . weird. if I go 12 weeks into a deca cycle again and I know it will come back.

I'll be running test, Tbol, and Primo for my next blast,, and I bet the sleep apnea issue does not come up at all

Back