Slin , negative feedback ????

A-rod

Does exogenous slin intake affect natural prodution of such hormone , using homulin at 10 i.u , 3 to 4 x week ???

not exactly , insulin doesnt have negative feedback like test .
the level of endo slin in determined only by sugar level in the blood by transport of glucose through glut 3.

in simple words when you stop the slin your natural production will be just fine and even better if you type 2 diabetes

gilreuven said:
in simple words when you stop the slin your natural production will be just fine and even better if you type 2 diabetes
So using insulin and then stopping helps people with type 2 diabetes? No.

Excessive usage of insulin can no doubt decrease insulin sensitivity. That isn't a good thing.

If you think that you can go crazy with insulin without any risk, then you're just kidding yourself.

It sure does effect natural production of insulin. If not cycled a month to a month and half you could become insulin dependant. This is why researching something like slin is important........

It sure does effect natural production of insulin. If not cycled a month to a month and half you could become insulin dependant. This is why researching something like slin is important

Everything I've read seems to indicate that excessive exogenous insulin use causes insulin resistance in the muscles, not a lack of insulin production. Insulin resistance would just make the body less responsive to the same amount of insulin that was released for a certain amount of carbohydrate consumption.

goiterjoe said:
Everything I've read seems to indicate that excessive exogenous insulin use causes insulin resistance in the muscles, not a lack of insulin production. Insulin resistance would just make the body less responsive to the same amount of insulin that was released for a certain amount of carbohydrate consumption.
Exogenous insulin means blood sugar goes down which means the body isn't going to release insulin. Will insulin production recover when exogenous insulin is discontinues and blood sugar goes up? Yes. But that wasn't the original question.

There is no such thing as insulin resistance just in the muscles.

Insulin resistance lasts for about 3-4 years before type II diabetes sets in.

insulin resistance just in the muscles.

Insulin resistance lasts for about 3-4 years before type II diabetes sets in.

insulin resistance occurs in muscle but not in fat tissue. I'd say that's the same thing as just in the muscles.

Type II diabetes is not really a separate disease, but rather a degree of insulin resistance at which point the body becomes so insulin resistant that it can no longer produce enough insulin to meet the needs of the body for clearing blood glucose. It is reversible with correction in diet and exercise, but most people that get to that point really don't give a shit about doing anything for themselves and would rather have a doctor try to fix it with medicine.

goiterjoe said:
insulin resistance occurs in muscle but not in fat tissue. I'd say that's the same thing as just in the muscles.
I don't even consider myself knowledable on this subject, but I do know enough to know that you are wrong. Why do you make a statement like this when you are wrong?

Insulin resistance occurs in both muscle cells and adipocytes. Adipocytes are fat cells.

Back