Smoking

Smoking Has Never Hurt My Gains But My Cardieo Health Sucks Bad I Plan To Quit At The End Of The Month And Start Training For The Tough Man Contest. I Figure Alot Of Running Will Get All That Shit Out Of My Lungs.

FIGHTER said:
Smoking Has Never Hurt My Gains But My Cardieo Health Sucks Bad I Plan To Quit At The End Of The Month And Start Training For The Tough Man Contest. I Figure Alot Of Running Will Get All That Shit Out Of My Lungs.

Quit today bro...now. Don't put it off till the end of the month; tomorrow never arrives. I can absolutely guarantee you two things:
1. It will be one of the toughest thing you do.
2. It will be the best thing you do.
I quit 13 years ago (used nicotine patch to quit)...you will be amazed how quiting improves all aspects of your life.

tominator said:
I smoke a cigar every week or two. Is that bad?
So do I...this is going to sound corny but if you don't inhale, the negative effects are greatly reduced, however, smoking in general is going to negatively effect your health in the long run and therefore, any gains from training.

Of course smoking hurts you... but I have had two patients the past month who smoke for prolonged periods of 15+ years and decided to quit and both of them developed cancer in the chest within a year after stopping. Since Cancer can be ignited by a sudden change in your body, it makes sense.

Back