Smoking

This is a question i have been wondering about for awhile...does smoking ciggs in anyway halt or hurt gains?? I have heard having a smoke after the gym wipes out you workout and all other stuff like that but i have never really been sure. I am not a chain smoker or anything but i enjoy the occasional smoke throughout the day and i was wondering.

I Personally Hate Cigs In Every Way, But I Do Not Believe They Will Wipe Out Any Gains. I Have Seen Several Bodybuilders Smoke The Occasional Cig And They Still Frickin Look Good. I Tell You What Though, You Stop Buying Smokes And Put That Money In Your 401k, 403b, Or Ira. Good Luck!

Smoking is responsible for a whole host of problems; even second hand smoke causes lesser insulin response. Former smokers never fully recover. It also raises homocysteine levels. Lowers immune system. Andsoforth.

markus rhul smokes. That being said, it's a waste of health, time and money plus it makes you fucking stink.

bad for your insurance too, if they find out your a smoker or you smoke by looking at your medical records your fuc#ked your rates will go through the ceiling.

Smoking yes kills your immune system and it harms your cardio and your appetite.

O yea it will kill you, cancer cancer cancer. Nicotine is very addictive more than heroin once you are addicted. Believe me I have seen this first hand b/c of family members.

smoking def. hurts gains not to mention possible future health risks i personally dip,and know it increases my chances of cancer.Saying that i have no room to preach about smoking,but its def not a good idea

i quit after 15 years and smoking affects everything three months after quiting and i was a heavy smoker i coughed up nasty black shit all day and puked from the shit in the morning i just hope i quit in time anyways three months after quiting i never cough never spit up nastyshit my skin coulours better my stanima is way better my breathing is full and satisfieing when u start smokin it takes all these things away from you slowly so u dont notice how shity u look and feel lol but youll notice it when u quit man every asspect of mah life is better from not smoking or drinking more money and nice things that dont stink i love to wake up and go right out side for frsh air before when i did that id cough and smoke :laugh3: what a fool i was for 15 yrs all in all i hate smoking and never will again when i find a good women she cant smoke the only thing she can smoke is mah pole :laugh3:

LiftTillIDie said:
Any smoking constricts blood vessels. I don't think that's good for gains.
chronic.jpg

people who use nicotine products have to consume 20% more calories than non nicotine users...read that somewhere pretty sure it has truth to it

deltaboy14 said:
people who use nicotine products have to consume 20% more calories than non nicotine users...read that somewhere pretty sure it has truth to it

Nicotine jacks up your metabolism to some extent, I'm not sure of the exact figures though. However, I was also under the impression that for most people cigarettes tend to depress the appetite.

I remember reading something about it increasing arterial plaque from blood cholesterol.

outlawtas2 said:
markus rhul smokes. That being said, it's a waste of health, time and money plus it makes you fucking stink.

My thoughts exactly. That's funny as hell, haha.

the only thing smoking does is decreases the amount of oxygen that that goes to your muscles which delays recouperation. It doent harm strength or size just endurance.

tominator said:
I smoke a cigar every week or two. Is that bad?
I would say it isnt beneficial,but no form of tobacco is.
If do it in moderation a cigar every week or two isnt bad in comparison to most smokers.
Myself if all i wanted was one that often i would just opt to do without.
It is def. not good for you .

Back