Spray tanning

rubberduckyo

~DaDawg's L'il Sis~
Recently got spray tanned for my wedding. Didn't go to a booth, I went to one of the salons where they personally apply the color.

I was tickled with the results. The girl did just as I asked and made it very natural looking. Just a slight tan.

Here's my question. I'd never had this done before and am thinking I may have done something wrong. I ended up with a bunch of clogged pores. Is this from the spray? Is there something I should have done that would have prevented it?

I have a sprayer at home so I am pretty versed on this subject. First, not all products are alike. Some better than others although most uses the same components that actually produce the tan--it's the other ingredients that can cause your clogging problems.
The second thing that everyone should do is exfoliate before application.
If you have any other questions, pm me because I dont know how I got to this forum and I will probably check it again 3 years from now.LOL

Thanks, Jawbone. I did make sure to exfoliate well so maybe the product was the issue. Disappointing seeing as I was so pleased with the results.

Definately expect a pm. :)

Go and get some salt scrub that we talked about; this is one of the brands I use:

herbal_salt_scrub_300.jpg

Generally, you want to exfoliate without perfumes and other ingredients that can change temp change the ph of the skin. The above would be acidic due to the citrus ingredient. No antiperspirants either before tanning. Its is best to use a mild soap and an exfoliation brush beforehand.

phoenixphyre said:
Go and get some salt scrub that we talked about; this is one of the brands I use:

herbal_salt_scrub_300.jpg
Thanks, Phoe girly! I usually use the marmalade body scrub from the Body Shop. It's just so good and leaves you smelling fresh instead of perfumey.

Jawbone said:
Generally, you want to exfoliate without perfumes and other ingredients that can change temp change the ph of the skin. The above would be acidic due to the citrus ingredient. No antiperspirants either before tanning. Its is best to use a mild soap and an exfoliation brush beforehand.
The morning of, I just used a scrubby poof and some Dove soap.

sombra1 said:
What's the name of the products they use for tanning spray? Wich is the best brand for do it at home?
That one I don't know as this was the first time I'd ever gotten it done.

Mystic tan (the booth stuff) works pretty well... it's just food grade dyes... didn't *markedly* clog my pores.

Hey guys new to the board,
I have spray tanned for about 2-1/2 yrs, here are some tips i hope will help.
1) The active ingredient is the same in all self tanners (DHA) whether it is airbrushed, mytic booth, lotion or jana tan
2)Before getting your fake tan,,wash with baking soda and water (its a great exfoliator) and gets all the oils off your skin
3)DHA does dry your skin out,,,so after you first shower (at least 6 hours after applying) moisturize moisturize moisturize....if not you will fade crackerly and very unnatural...
4) and NEVER EVER USE DOVE SOAP while you have your fake tan,,,it destroys a fake tan horribly...
hoope these helps

Back