SP's on/off-season log

Superduperset had me lol. I haven't done tris and bis like that in awhile, I'll bet the pump was excruciatingly huge

The superduperset pump is very fuckin' real brother ;)

Weight ?

...forgot to stand on the fuckin' scale of course, though I'm not sure if fit4less actually has one

Had a fairly productive labour day, got a good amount of visiting in with the inlaws and my parents+siblings as well

Things ran late at my family's place so our planned workout with one of my sisters fell through due to goodlife being closed (labour day BS)

I ended up borrowing a friend's 24/7/365 fit4less gym membership key tag so after picking that up from him downtown I headed over to the nearest location

I didn't have enough time to run the entire mountaindog workout, finish meal prep and get to bed at a decent hour so I picked some choice exercises and did the best I could

Mon - upper body (abbreviated labour day version)

side lateral DB raise - three sets of 15
+++
superset front DB raise - 15 reps after each set of side laterals

bent over rear lateral DB raise - three sets of 15 reps
+++
superset cross-body hammer DB curl - three sets of 10-15 reps per arm, alternating on each rep

incline bench - four working sets, pyramiding weight up then a triple dropset on the fourth/final set

t-bar/landmine row - I rarely do these with two hands and a narrow handle but it was set up so I did three sets of 12-15 fairly heavy
+++
superset OHP - three sets of 12-15 reps each, moderate weight with strict form since I wasn't wearing a belt

That was it...fairly quick/light workout, again I was pretty rushed but wanted to get something done since today is supposed to be legs and I don't usually have the energy for a double workout day when legs are in the picture

Weight 241

Life has been somewhat tumultuous for the last week or so and workouts haven't been as regimented/frequent/intense as usual but I'm working on getting everything back on track

My bloodwork came back with everything nominal except fairly elevated lipase, so I'm looking into that...

So as soon as I've figured out whether or not I'm truly concerned or need to change/address something I'll be firing up my first cycle of the offseason!

Other than this workout I'm backtracking a week to make sure I get everything I can out of the program - honestly I enjoy the workouts enough that I don't want to miss one!

It's been a couple of days since I had a real training session so I wanted to kick things back off with a solid leg workout

Wed - hams/glutes/calves (gauntlet wk8)

warmup - incline treadmill (10min)

prone hamstring curl - 3 warmup sets then four heavy working sets of 8 reps each...I actually pinned two 25s onto the stack for extra weight

highbar ATG squat - the directive here was 'explosive' so I went relatively heavy but not so much that I was grinding
135 x 15 reps (+ 1 chain per side)
185 x 10 reps (+ 2 chains per side)
225 x 8 reps (+ 3 chains per side)
255 x 6 reps (+ 3 chains)
285 x 6 reps (+ 3 chains)
315 x 6 reps (+ 3 chains per side)

cybex "heavy" incline leg press - nothing fancy here, just 25 rep sets pyramiding weight up...started at four and ended at eight plates per side

walking lunge - did these with two chains around my neck holding DBs for extra weight, that way I could go ~10 paces per leg, alternating on each step then easily drop the chains and get another 5 or so

BB SLDL - three feeder sets then four working sets of 8 reps each, constant tension style only coming up 3/4 of the way to lockout to keep tension on the hamstrings

seated calf raise - six sets of 15 reps, failed on the 13th or 14th each time and had to help with my hands a bit

cardio - 25-30mins walk outside in the afternoon, fairly brisk but nothing overly intense...I've been fairly regular with these over the past week even though workouts have been less than stellar

Weight 243

Weight is coming back, I'm feeling ready to get started pending some answers to questions I've posed to more smarter/brainier friends re: my lipase enzyme(s)

Trained with my friend at LA Fitness, pretty nice gym from the outside but fuck I should've just paid a drop in fee rather than trying to get a guest pass

Most frustrating, hard-push sales manager ever...

Thu - chest/delts

warmup - spin bike

side lateral DB raise - two sets of 15 with fairly light weights
+++
superset front DB raise - 15 reps after each set of side laterals

bent over rear DB raise - four sets, pyramiding weight up and decreasing weight...approximately 25/20/15/15 reps per set

side lateral DB raise - went heavier now that shoulders were warmed up, four sets using 40/45/50/55lbs DBs for 12/10/8/8 reps respectively
+++
superset front DB raise - used 50% the weight of the last set and did the same reps for these, so for example the first was 20lbs for 12 reps and the last was 27.5lbs for 8 reps (per arm)

seated flye-press cable machine - these are kind of cool, I wouldn't use them as a staple primary movement but very good to get warmed up and even move some decent weight...four sets of 20/16/12/10 reps

HSPL decline chest press - four sets, pyramiding weight up then a killer quadruple dropset with some assisted and rest/pause reps on the last set

incline DB flye - used heavy DBs here with slightly compromised form to allow for the additional weight, three sets pyramiding weight up

incline chest press - used a life-fitness pin loaded version that wasn't nearly as comfortable as the equivalent hammer strength but it worked well enough...three straight sets then a fourth triple dropset to finish things off

cardio - another 25-30mins walk outside in the afternoon to capitalize on what's left of the summer

Weight no scale

They took the damn scale away to use for the weider cup weigh-ins so I'm not sure what I weighed Friday evening

Went home, had a bite to eat then hit the gym for a relatively quick/efficient solo back session

Fri - back/abs

meadows row - three warmup and four working sets of 8 reps per arm, pretty heavy (5x 25lbs plates)

HSPL chest-supported row - did these one arm at a time, sets of 8 per arm again with a weight that was close to failure

DB pullover - four sets of 12 reps, constant tension-style with slightly limited ROM

rack pull - five sets, pyramiding weight up doing sets of 5, then finished with a dropset (5 / 4 / 3 / 2 plates per side)

unsupported hanging leg raise - four sets of 15 reps each
+++
superset rope crunch - 15 reps after each set of leg raises

cardio - last day where the weather was half decent so I capitalized and went for another 30ish minute walk at lunch

Weight 238

Got up relatively early and had coffee with my brother in law

Against my better judgement I'm helping him prep for men's bikini, show is about a month from now

Oh well, I'm not too proud that I can't admit that I also started in that division so it's not the end of the world

Sat - hams/quads/calves (gauntlet wk7)

warmup - spin bike

seated hamstring curl - three warmup and four working sets, all 15 reps and near-failure
+++
superset adductor machine - five sets of 15 reps, full stack of weight

highbar ATG squat - pyramiding up doing sets of 8 reps
8 x bar
8 x 135
8 x 225
8 x 315
8 x 405...

hack squat 1.5's - three sets of 8 - 10 reps, heavy as possible (failed on every set)

reverse-vsquat machine - four sets of 10-12 reps, heavy too with mostly ham-emphasis (based on foot placement)

DB SLDL - three sets of 10 reps

HSPL seated toe-press machine - three sets of max reps, went to failure with 6 plates per side (20-25 reps per set)

Weight 236

Saturday ended well, a good friend of mine won his pro card at the weider cup and I was there to cheer/watch

We went to a place called Brown's to celebrate afterward, packed AF but it was cool to hang out with a BRAND NEW pro and another new-ish pro (big ron P) for awhile.

I accidentally wore a mutant zip up hoodie over a john meadows shirt and hat, ron was thoroughly impressed and I was completely embarrassed

Sunday morning came too early but I went and met my sister at a distant goodlife for a shoulder/arms/abs session and ran into another friend on the way out

Went home, picked up mrs.SP and had sushi to celebrate yet another friend's placing at the same show, very cool WPD almost-pro. Soon, I'm certain of it

Rest of the day was busy, costco -> dinner -> meal prep -> write some training/diet plans -> decaf -> bed

Sun - biceps/triceps/delts/abs

warmup - incline treadmill

supinated DB curl - four sets, pyramiding weight up and dropping reps
+++
superset two-handle cable pushdown - four sets with a similar weight/pyramid scheme

side lateral DB raise - three sets of 15
+++
superset front DB raise - 15 reps immediately after each set of side laterals

EZ-bar 21's - four sets, adding 10lbs each set
+++
superset rope pushdown - 10-12 reps per set
+++
superduperset overhead tricep extension - 10-12 reps to failure after each set of pushdown

CGBP - three sets, heavy heavy heavy

unsupported hanging leg raise - three sets of 16
+++
rope crunch - 15-20 reps after each set of leg raises

standing calf raise - three sets of 'calf killers', each set being 10 full reps then 10sec isohold x3

fvrF10rl.jpg

Weight 234

That'll be as low as that number gets...I'm expecting 260+ on this cycle

Had new bloods drawn with amylase checked off this time so i will hopefully find out semi-conclusively if there's anything to be concerned about

Had a good legs workout with a friend after work, the guy I usually train arms with actually

Mon (sept12) - legs (ham focus)

warmup - spin bike

prone hamstring curl - five sets of 10-12 reps, pyramiding weight up

seated adductor machine - five sets of 15-20 reps
+++
abductor machine - we used the same one, flipped the pads around and did an equal number of sets/reps in the opposite direction

standing ham curl - four sets of "21's"

front squats - four sets here, pyramiding weight up...I topped out at 8x315 then dropped back down to 8x225 for a single "dropset" on the last set

HSPL v-squat - did these reverse to target hams, just three sets here but all were heavy (we had the machine maxed out) for between 6 and 10 reps

seated calf raise - three sets of 10 full reps, 10 partials and a hard 10 second stretch

cardio - 20mins outside

Last edited:
I'm not going to do a long write-up of the last week or so.

Suffice to say I had some shit going on, I was mostly out of the gym save for a few body-part pump workouts during the week that were almost more discouraging than helpful.

Truth be told I'm still trying to get back into it.

Anyone who's trained with me knows it's normally short shorts and a tank top...while, now it's sweat pants and a sweater so people stop asking if I have cancer

My strength is gone, I've lost so much weight I don't even want to post a number or a picture but I'm trying to stay positive and going to use this log to keep myself accountable to that and other goals.

Mon - full body circuit

warmup - 15mins on a steep incline treadmill, worked up a sweat

Fitness circuit one...mostly 20-25 reps on the following equipment, one set of each
1. hyperextension machine
2. seated hamstring curl machine
3. quad extension machine
4. chest-supported row machine
5. shoulder-press machine - did these facing backwards
6. chest press machine
7. bicep curl machine - skipped it out of spite
8. tricep extension machine - same thing
9. ab machine - only one that I did a few sets on, oddly enough it felt like it was helping my stomach do whatever it needed to

Fitness ciruit two...this one was on the upstairs floor, the equipment was a little better (life fitness brand) so I did two sets on most machines, about 12-15 reps on the first set then 8-10 on the second set
1. hyperextension machine
2. seated hamstring curl machine - skipped this because there was a prone hamstring curl a few machines away
3. quad extension machine - figured I'd see if I could blow my knees up with the whole stack, I think I almost succeeded
4. prone hamstring curl - did these supported on elbows, bpak/meadows style and it really targets hams > glutes
5. leg sled - usually I laugh at these things but I did a few extra sets with various foot positions so I'd actually move some weight
6. lat pulldown - did these with a wide grip, facing away and pulling down behind the neck since I wasn't strong enough to actually hurt myself
7. chest-supported row - did these one arm at a time
8. lateral raise machine - did these with a 1-2 sec pause at the top of each rep, threw in an extra set and supersetted with the shoulder press machine
9. shoulder press - this felt more natural so I did them facing forward
10. chest press machine - skipped this because I wanted to go finish by supersetting calves with incline bench...big mistake

standing calf raise - no problem here, three sets with the full stack for a pretty easy 15-20 full ROM reps
+++
superset incline BB - rofl...I almost had a temper tantrum but I was mostly just disappointed, I did 5x135, 5x225 then almost dropped 315 on my face after a rough second rep

cardio - 25mins again on the incline treadmill to get some more sweat out

That concluded a shit workout at a shit goodlife full of shit kids...sorry, now I'm really whining

Last edited:
What's going on with your health brother?

Lack of food and lifting

Weight 228

Weight's actually up a few pounds since this was a late workout, I pounded gatorade all day and ate some shit before training

Another good life workout, went to a slightly better one though so it was a little better

Used some machines but not the hated fitness circuit...

Tue - full body

warmup/cardio - 25mins incline treadmill...finished Cloverfield (2008 version)...holy shit

Wandered around aimlessly for about 5 minutes before deciding at least how to get started

supinated two-arm bicep curl - three sets of 12, ended the third with a triple dropset
+++
superset overhead one-arm DB/tricep extension - same sets/rep scheme as bicep curls

incline DB press - these were a lot shakier than I would've liked but not as terrible as the BB press, four sets...15x60, 12x80, 10x100 and 8x120 (heaviest DBs at that stupid GL)

pec dec - three sets, pyramiding weight up, all reps with a hard flex/squeeze at full contraction
+++
superset reverse pec dec - three sets also, pyramided weight also but instead of dropping reps I used rest/pause to get 20 on all sets

side lateral DB raise - three sets, as heavy as I could with good form (which wasn't that impressive)....15x35, 12x40 and 10x45
+++
superset front DB raise - as many reps as the side lateral set, with exactly half the weight except the 17.5s were in use so I used the 20s on both first and second sets

unsupported hanging leg raise - three sets of 15-16 reps (as long as I could hold on)
+++
rope crunch - went to failure after each set of leg raises, minimum 15 but got 20 reps on the first set

standing calf raise - four sets of 20 with the full stack plus more weight pinned on

HSPL incline leg press - five feeder sets of 5, then a "muscle-round" style set
5 reps x 4 plates per side
5 x 6 plates
5 x 8 plates
5 x 10 plates
5 x 12 plates...wasn't sure about going up but I kind of said fuck it, there are stupider ways to die
...muscle round set...: 28 plates (14 per side)...reps were 8, then a 5 sec pause, 5, another 5 sec pause, 4, pause, 3...called it there, was seeing stars and didn't want an aneurysm

kneeling hamstring curl - three sets of 8 per leg, slightly pyramiding weight up on each set...always with a quick concentric and slower 3-4 sec eccentric

one-arm supinated pulldown - three sets of 10 per arm

cardio - in addition to the incline treadmill work, I went for a half hour walk at lunch with a brisk-walking coworker so I hesitate to just call it LISS but it wasn't HITT either

Weight 230

At least I'm out of the 220s, so I'm not too embarassed to post a number

I'm back on track in terms of meals, my appetite still isn't there but I'm getting all my protein down and making up the rest with fats if I can't stomach carbs

Again, I usually don't talk alot about supplements at least with regards to my own training log but how quickly I'm bouncing back from a pretty dismal state is a testament to solid hormones backing up a decent diet and steadily improving training regimine

Wednesday evening was a late-ish workout with my usual arms-day buddy and the new love of his life, so we had to go a little slower than usual but move a lot of heavy iron nonetheless

Wed - back/delts

narrow/neutral-grip pulldown - about five or six sets, the last three were heavy sets of 8-10 reps to failure

chest-supported "t-bar" row - this is the wider handle version, we did two feeder sets with higher reps still to failure, then two heavy 8 rep sets

rack pull - these were brutal, kept the reps at 8 until I lost reps on the final set of five and a half plates per side where I struggled for six reps

one-arm DB row - I went probably too heavy on these and hurt one of my lats a bit, but anyways it was three sets of 8 per arm with the big 160lbs DBs

rear delt cable pull-apart - four sets of these, pyramiding a bit on the first two then heavy on the last two sets of 10-12 reps using RP after about 8

side lateral DB raise - three sets here, probably heavier than necessary but I am really trying to make up some lost ground so it was 15x40, 12x45 and 10x50

seated shoulder press machine - four sets here, first was an easy feeler then three really heavy 8-12 reps sets with 3, 3.5 and 4 plates a side respectively

cardio - nothing significant at the gym but our new office is about 15mins from a tim hortons so I've been making that trek most days for 30mins total LISS

Weight 232

Worked late and went home to get mrs.SP for a workout but she was too tired unfortunately

Warmed up a bit before I left though and hit the gym for a solo leg session

Still not quite 100% but better than 75% if I had to put a range on it...

Thu - legs/calves

warmup - bedroom shenanigans

seated hamstring curl - no warmup sets but I did pyramid weight up from about 3/4 to the full stack, doing four sets of 10 reps each

highbar ATG squat - I figured this would be a pathetic exercise but I'm a sucker for punishment so I tried anyways...I wasn't impressed but not super let down either

10reps x bar
10 x 1 plate per side
10 x 2 plates
10 x 3 plates
8 x 3.5 plates (365lbs)...this is about 40?ish pounds shy of a few weeks ago so I wasn't in tears but I hate regressing

cybex 'heavy' incline leg press - four sets of 8-10 reps, heavy with only moderate (not super-deep) ROM but a high+wide-ish stance
+++
superset sissysquat - using the anklegrabber, went to failure after each set of leg press which was about 8 reps each time

HSPL V-Squat machine - did these facing backward as usual, four sets with a hamstring-focused foot position and concentration on posterior contraction

standing calf raise - fairly simple on these, just the full stack for 10 full + 10 partials + 10 sec stretch on each of three sets

cardio - the usual 30min to and from tim's walk, actually got a donut for the first time in awhile and hey I gained two pounds so... ;)

Weight 233

Couldn't believe friday rolled around that quickly...quick breakfast with my dad before an early meeting at work

Then a sales guy wasted the rest of my morning standing in my office talking about not much at all, I didn't mind just chilling out on company time though

Afternoon had some errands interspersed with work/meetings then I met a friend I haven't had a chance to workout with in awhile for a fairly quick workout

Home, picked up mrs.SP and we went for a drive over to some friends' then I had a coffee with a friend before going home to bed (way too late)

Fri - chest/abs

warmup - LISS outside (just walked to the gym from work)

HSPL incline chest press - did these pyramiding up one plate a at a time
12 x 1 (per side)
12 x 2
12 x 3
8 x 4
5 x 4.5
then finished with a triple dropset
8 x 3, then 8 x 2, then about 10 x 1 with some partials at the end

unsupported hanging leg raise - four sets of 15 or 16 reps
+++
superset rope crunch - same number of reps after each set of leg raises

flat DB flye-press - went fairly heavy on these, did four sets and ranged from 50-75lbs DBs for sets of 8-12 reps
+++
superset incline BB press - just six reps here, moderate weight but it felt pretty heavy after the flye-press movement

high cable flye - did these with a 1 sec flex/squeeze at the bottom, four sets of 12 reps approximately

chinup assist-machine tricep pushdown - three sets of 10-12 reps (to near failure)
+++
superset overhead rope extension - went to complete failure after each set of pushdowns

cardio - nothing specific, it was a very busy day though so I was literally running all over the place but I wouldn't call it true cardio by any stretch

Weight 230

Too busy of a day, I'm glad there's another one before monday...woke up late due to going to bed too late

Went to the whyte ave farmers' market with mrs.SP for fresh veggies and some gluten free stuff for her mom

Stopped for a booster juice (for her) and then traded my car for my streetbike and went for a rip back to whyte and through the river valley

Mrs.SP decided at the last minute she wanted to join me for my planned afternoon workout so I rode all the way back home to get her

I was pissed about being late until my friend texted and said him and his girlfriend were running behind too so it all worked out

Out to the lake for dinner with my parents, one of my sisters showed up with her furbaby (little 'frenchton') and we had some good food + campfire

Home, quick errand to drop off something for a friend then bed

Sat - legs/calves (hamstring focus)

seated adductor machine - three lower weight/higher rep sets of 15-20
+++
abductor machine - flipped the pads around (old school machine) and did 15-20 reps in the other direction

kneeling hamstring curl - two warmup and three working sets of 12 reps per leg

highbar ATG squat - I just squatted two days ago so I didn't want to exactly just load weight on the bar and suck...

8 x 135
8 x 225
8 x 315
8 x 315 + 1 chain per side
8 x 315 + 2 chains per side...I know I could've done another but that was it for our working sets

prone hamstring curl - four heavy sets of 8-10 reps, pyramiding weight up slightly and finished the fourth set with a triple dropset

seated quad extension - four sets of 10 with a 3sec hard flex at full contraction
+++
superset sissy squat - bodyweight using the anklegrabber to failure which was fewer reps than I'm used to, maybe 5-6 reps most sets

calf raise "mountain climbers" - these are done for hamstrings with your heels hooked under the knee pads and a bar to catch/support yourself...did three sets of 8

cardio - about 20-30mins walking outside on whyte ave etc

Weight 230

Time for some more oats, eggwhites, chicken and beef...

Good day though other than the low weigh-in...light breakfast with mrs.SP, a nap then lunch with one of my sisters then raced to the gym

There were supposed to be three of us but turned out to be four which was pretty cool - we managed to make good time considering the number of people training

Took mrs.SP to tim's on whyte ave then we went to see the Magnificent Seven...

Pretty good movie but I may need to adjust my AI because I got a little sad a few times

Sun - triceps/biceps/abs

warmup - set the hot lap for the day on the local motorcycle twisties trying to make it to the gym in time...

rope tricep pushdown - two high rep sets to get warmed up and caught up with the guys

v-bar pushdown - four sets, heavy (full stack + more) 8-12 reps each

incline skullcrusher - three sets of 15-20, moderately heavy here (~120lbs ez-bar)

smith CGBP - four sets, first three were heavy straight sets and the fourth was a triple dropset of about 8+6+10-12 reps

hammer DB curl - four sets, pyramiding weight up

incline BB curl - sitting on a bench, did three triple dropsets using different weighted BBs

preacher one-arm cable curl - set the preacher bench up in the cable cross and did four sets here, pyramiding weight up
+++
superset chest-supported row - did these supinated with a light weight just to pump the biceps to failure after each set of cable curls

decline leg raise - four sets of 25

unsupported hanging leg raise - three sets, 16/18/20 reps per set respectively

cardio - nothing of note, walked around whyte a bit with mrs.SP but again, not anything sustained or super brisk in motorcycle boots

Y4lrkXGl.jpg

Weight 231

Back at it, work at least...put in a long day but that makes for shorter fridays which I prefer

Worked out with my friend who's also doing nationals, his girlfriend and mrs.SP get along well

They kind of joined us for a few things and did their own thing a bit too which let us get a pretty hard but efficient workout in

Home, earlier to bed than usual...all's well then boom - midnight I can't sleep. Oh well, can't win them all

Mon - chest/back

HSPL incline chest press - simple pyramiding weight, got pretty heavy (with a spotter) on the last set
15 reps x 1 plate per side
12 x 2 plates
10 x 3 plates
8 x 4 plates
4 + 2 (spotted) x 4.5 plates

incline DB press - same idea, fewer sets...topped out with the 140s for 6 reps on a low/moderate incline

HSPL lying articulated chest press machine - this is one that I really don't use often, I don't know how to describe it but here's a link to the decline version (we used flat) http://3.imimg.com/data3/UP/IY/MY-7859735/hammer-strength-decline-machine-500x500.jpg
+++
superset pec dec - did three or four sets of this, immediately after the chest machine...8-10 reps with a hard flex/pause on each

wide/neutral-grip pulldown - four sets, pyramiding weight here...failure on the last set at about 8 reps with most of the stack attached

meadows row - four sets of 8 reps per arm, with a quadruple dropset on the last set...lost a few reps on some of the drops

HSPL chest-supported row - did these one arm at a time, pyramiding weight all the way up to five plates for the last set

cardio - 30min LISS outside, brisk-walking coworker was in full force and the weather was great so we took advantage of it

Weight 232

Early morning, long day but a good workout with my friend

Mrs.SP and my buddy's girlfriend came along for the ride but did their own thing tonight

Picked up chicken, kale salad and icecream on the way home for dinner

Started season 2 of mr.Robot...can't believe I waited this long

Tue - legs/calves

warmup - spin bike for ~10mins

adductor machine - three sets of 20-30 reps each, light weight just to warm up mainly
+++
superset abductor machine - same sets/reps
+++
superduper kneeling hamstring curl - three sets, pyramiding weight up...20/16/12 reps per set, a bit heavier here

highbar ATG squat - was wondering how close to previous strength levels I'm at
15 reps x bar
12 x 135lbs
8 x 225lbs
5 x 315lbs
5 x 405lbs
3 x 455lbs...this was a little disappointing, I was really hoping for five reps but the other two definitely were not there
5 x 405lbs...the first five rep set of four plates wasn't to failure but after the three rep failiure I wasn't able to get anymore reps here

prone hamstring curl - two sets of 12 straight reps, then the third and fourth set we hooked up a band to add resistance and also did a triple dropset on the final/fourth set

hack squat - four sets, quickly pyramiding weight up to a completely balls out 8 rep set...all deep, basically to the bottom stops

HLPL seated calf press - three sets of 12 reps with a 1-2 sec flex/hold at the top of each, max weight (12 plates) here...takes forever to fucking load/unload

calf machine hamstring raises - this is where you load it up and use the calf raise to hold your ankles in place and essentially do Mountain Climbers with a bar of some kind for support...two sets of 12

cardio - slightly shorter ~20mins walk outside, shittier weather and it was just a circuit, no coffee endpoint

Weight 231?233?

Sketchy scale at the goodlife, I didn't bother chasing someone down to let me use their electronic one

My training partner of late was taking the day off to scarf down 10,000 cals with a mean insulin protocol post-leg day

Fortuitously another friend of mine had asked if I wanted to meet up so we headed over to a goodlife

Mrs.SP came along for the ride and did some cardio, then her brother and his girlfriend arrived...party time!

The friend of mine's done physique before so he offered to help my brother in law with posing once we were done working out

Wed - delts/biceps/calves

rear delt-focused t-bar row - one moderately heavy warmup and three heavy working sets of 8-10 reps per arm

smith behind-the-neck press - four sets, first one was higher rep with moderate weight then three heavy sets of a tough 8 reps each...these were *hard*

side lateral DB raise - four sets of 10, as heavy as possible with good form (upright, no swinging or bending+straightening of the knees etc)
+++
superset front lateral DB raise - 10 reps after each set of side laterals, used lighter DBs to be able to get those reps in afterwards

front cable pull-through/raise - four sets of 10 reps, as heavy as possible
+++
superset seated calf raise - 15 reps (approximately, always to failure) after each set of cable pull-throughs

incline DB curl - four sets of 8-12 reps, starting relatively light then going so heavy I could only just get 8 on the final set

one-arm DB preacher curl - used progressively heavier weights with lighter reps here

seated one-arm DB hammer/pin-wheel curl - three sets of 8-10, very heavy to hit the outer head of the biceps and brachialis radialus

cardio - 30mins+ LISS, decent enough weather to go for a walk and try to stretch my legs a bit after yesterday's demolition

pkDgEVdl.jpg

Weight 231?233?

Sketchy scale at the goodlife, I didn't bother chasing someone down to let me use their electronic one

My training partner of late was taking the day off to scarf down 10,000 cals with a mean insulin protocol post-leg day

Fortuitously another friend of mine had asked if I wanted to meet up so we headed over to a goodlife

Mrs.SP came along for the ride and did some cardio, then her brother and his girlfriend arrived...party time!

The friend of mine's done physique before so he offered to help my brother in law with posing once we were done working out

Wed - delts/biceps/calves

rear delt-focused t-bar row - one moderately heavy warmup and three heavy working sets of 8-10 reps per arm

smith behind-the-neck press - four sets, first one was higher rep with moderate weight then three heavy sets of a tough 8 reps each...these were *hard*

side lateral DB raise - four sets of 10, as heavy as possible with good form (upright, no swinging or bending+straightening of the knees etc)
+++
superset front lateral DB raise - 10 reps after each set of side laterals, used lighter DBs to be able to get those reps in afterwards

front cable pull-through/raise - four sets of 10 reps, as heavy as possible
+++
superset seated calf raise - 15 reps (approximately, always to failure) after each set of cable pull-throughs

incline DB curl - four sets of 8-12 reps, starting relatively light then going so heavy I could only just get 8 on the final set

one-arm DB preacher curl - used progressively heavier weights with lighter reps here

seated one-arm DB hammer/pin-wheel curl - three sets of 8-10, very heavy to hit the outer head of the biceps and brachialis radialus

cardio - 30mins+ LISS, decent enough weather to go for a walk and try to stretch my legs a bit after yesterday's demolition

pkDgEVdl.jpg

great logs and your looking cut up, thanks for sharing.

Back