SP's on/off-season log

What's a ham drop?

On a side shot like the tricep pose above, it's the 'hang' of the hamstring below the femur/quadricep

Meadows has an insane 'ham drop' in this pic for example: http://i.imgur.com/wEED4nU.jpg

Or this one: https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/h.../e35/12519227_928317547264972_867933730_n.jpg

Weight 240

Woke up early to go meet my buddy for our usual arms training session

He brought his new girlfriend along who I hadn't met before, she's very nice...mostly did her own thing then trained abs with us at the end of the workout

Then in the afternoon mrs.SP and I met my sister and some mutual friends at a goodlife for a bit of a light/pump leg session and some random upper body stuff for me ("rest day...")

Relaxing a bit now before we have to head to the inlaws for sunday dinner...

Sun - Part 1: arms/abs

CGBP - five sets, pyramiding weight up..16/12/12/10/6 reps
+++
superset straight-BB curl - four sets of '21s'

HSPL preacher machine - used one arm at a time, pyramided weight here too, three sets of approximately 12/10/8 reps per arm
+++
superset overhead tricep DB extension - one arm at a time, 15 reps per set

rope pushdown - four sets of 12, hard flex at the bottom of every rep
+++
superset overhead tricep extension - went to failure after each set of pushdowns, approximately 10-12 reps per set

hammer grip rope curl - four sets of 10-12 reps

unsupported hanging leg raise - three sets of 15
+++
superset rope crunch - 15 reps after each set of leg raises

HSPL ab crunch machine - three sets of 12 with a pretty heavy weight

That was it for arms/abs, went out for a coffee with my friend and his girlfriend, talked about diets, plans for nationals next year etc then headed home to get mrs.SP

Part 2 - legs/shoulders etc

warmup - incline treadmill

kneeling hamstring curl - three sets of 10-12 reps per leg with 3 sec eccentrics

highbar ATG squat - I didn't want to do much volume so I pyramided up quick and heavy
8 x 135
8 x 225
8 x 315
6 x 405...was disappointed by this, unfortunately when I unracked I didn't realize it was a bit lopsided on my shoulders until I'd already walked it out, threw me off

HSPL incline leg press - 100 reps with 2 plates per side
+++
superset smith split squat - straight into one set of these, 8 reps per leg with moderate weight

DB six-ways - two sets to warmup the shoulders

seated DB press - two heavy sets of 10 reps

I did a few other random exercises but just one set here and there while talking and helping mrs.SP and others with their exercises

Last edited:
Makes sense. When I see a woman with decent legs,
that's a deciding factor. From the glute crease to the knee can't be flat or straight. To me that's what distinguishes good legs from spectacular ones

I can't argue that at all brother ;)

Weight 239

"Holiday" monday here, except it's not technically a stat so while 90% of people have it off, my company didn't get that memo...

In all honesty it was a good day though, a friend brought me coffee in the morning and I spent the afternoon working on training programs/meal plans

Hit powerhouse after work, quiet night in the gym...though a friend was there squatting four plates, knees all wrapped up, belt and a spotter...

I felt a bit douchey afterwards but I walked up after his set and squatted it for a clean, deep and very quick five reps...winked at him then we bullshitted for a bit

Mon - back/biceps/chest/triceps/abs (gauntlet wk3)

medium-grip pullup - four bodyweight sets of 8 reps, flexing lats hard to get them warmed up and filling with blood

wide grip pulldown - was supposed to do these with a forced stretch but at the time no one had shown up and i didn't feel like bothering/explaning things to the front desk girl..4x10 with a hard stretch

exercise "x" - same as last week, kind of a reverse side lateral except for lats instead of delts...four sets of 10 here

HSPL preacher curl machine - didn't want to go too hard on the biceps after training them essentially for the last three days in a row (direct or indirect) but did one warmup and four working sets of 8-12 reps

shoulder warmup for chest, superset:
1. side lateral DB raise - two sets of 15
+++
2. front lateral DB raise - 15 reps after each set of side raises

incline DB press - higher reps today, did four sets of 15 with 2-3 reps in the tank, RPE 8ish

flat BB press - he said don't go too heavy/hard on these but I couldn't help it, I wanted to try 365...so I did four sets of 225/275/315, six reps each then on the last got a spotter and managed 4x365

pronated incline DB flye - four sets of 8-10 reps

rope tricep pushdown - four sets of 15, to failure

+++

cardio - 20mins walk outside, nothing too strenuous but fairly brisk nonetheless

APy8GPgl.jpg

Pushing pretty good weight brother all around..my hats off to u (ssriously)

Thanks! It feels good to be moving some heavier poundage around again, strength is returning for sure

Weight 240

Nothing to report other than a weird icecream social event at lunch

The company basically had everyone drive to a DQ then bought us a dessert item...very odd

Anyways I had a peanut buster parfait for what it's worth...never had one before, I'll probably go back to my trusty dip cone order next time

Good workout after work with a friend who's doing figure nationals in 1.5 weeks, then a motorcycle ride, eats and home

Time to sleep and do it all over again...

Tue - hams/glutes/calves (gauntlet wk3)

seated hamstring curl - two warmup sets and four working sets of 15 reps
+++
superset adductor machine - one warmup and four working sets of 15 also

DB SLDL - barbells were all busy so we did these with DBs instead, four sets of 8 going to lockout and flexing glutes this time

glute bridge - I'd never done these before but the 'butt master' was up in the hot-as-hell corner of the second floor, so we did four sets of 8 bridges with a barbell and moderate weight on top of a folded ab mat resting on the pelvis/hip area

stationary lunges - three sets of 12 per leg, these weren't all that taxing just meant to stretch and fatigue the glutes a little more

highbar ATG squat - the instruction was to pick a weight you could normally do 20 with and just do 10 reps, for four sets in relatively quick succession...I did a little different but didn't stray too far
10 x 135
10 x 225
10 x 315
0 x 405...I loaded it, looked at it and realized if I keep squatting that every day I'll never recover and get better so I dropped back down
10 x 315
10 x 225

standing calf raise - four sets of 15 heavy reps

seated calf raise/toe press - four sets of 12 reps with a hard stretch at the end of each

jHQUymql.jpg

Weight 243

Days feel really long at work lately because they've been a bit slow

Went home afterwards for dinner and some time with mrs.SP before heading to powerhouse

My friend showed up midway through the workout and joined me for a bit, long workout so the company was welcome

Home now eating a massive (twice as big as usual) omelette to try and get all my protein in for the day

Wed - back/chest/delts/triceps/biceps (gauntlet wk3)

neutral grip pulldown - used a slightly-wider than shoulder width attachment, one or two warmup sets then four working sets of 10 reps, RPE 8

deadstop DB row - four sets of 10, heavier on these but still with a few reps left in the tank

one-arm BB row - four sets of 8, pretty heavy here too

shoulder warmup - the usual superset, consisting of two sets of:
1. side lateral DB raise - 15 reps with a light then moderate weight
+++
2. superset front DB raise - 15 reps after each set of side laterals

HSPL chest press - two warmups then four working sets of 10 reps, not quite locking out with minimal rest between sets

smith slight-decline press - four sets of 10, again with minimal rest between sets

pec dec - two sets of 12 reps, moderate weight but really slow with a hard squeeze at full contraction on each rep

rear delt bent over DB lateral - four sets of 25...got a clean 25 on the first set then had to rely on some partials/swings to get all reps on subsequent sets

two-handle tricep pushdown - the usual movement as of late, five sets of 15 reps to near-failure
+++
superset ez-bar cable curl - 15 reps after each set of pushdowns

cardio - 25min walk outside today, I didn't mention but I did the same thing yesterday as well

kkTkH9il.jpg

Weight 246

That felt like a super long week, maybe because we didn't have the holiday,...

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday instead of today...spent too much time out riding and by the time I got to the gym I was too tired and hungry for legs

So today I made sure to time my meals correctly and hit powerhouse right after work before getting sidetracked with Friday shit

Afterwards went to mrs.SP's friend's birthday campfire, had a bit of icecream cake and now some bedtime oats & whey before...bed

Fri - hams/quads/calves (gauntlet wk3)

seated hamstring curl - two warmup sets then three working sets of 8, first two were straight sets then a triple dropset of 8+8+8 reps and 30sec isohold

cybex incline leg press - same 'sweep' stance as previous, and same pyramiding sets of 10 followed by a dropset format..
10 reps x 2 plates per side
10 x 3 plates
10 x 4
10 x 5
10 x 6
10 x 7
10 x 8 + 10 x 6 + 20 x 4...the last five or six reps of the final drop were insane, I was definitely pushing past failure there

highbar ATG squat - four sets of 10 reps with short 90sec breaks in between, I used two and a half plates a side which started out easy and got hard real fast

hack 'frog' squat - four sets of 8 reps, really wide/high stance to hit the posterior chain

walking lunge - grabbed a 25lbs plate in each hand and did one set to failure, which was 16 paces per leg (32 total)

standing calf raise - four sets of 15 heavy reps

seated toe press/calf raise - three or four sets of 12 reps

cardio - 20-25min walk outside in the morning

zxueGXQl.jpg

Weight 243

Early coffee date with mrs.SP then hit the farmer's market for fresh vegetables, went for a nice walk while we were at it

Upper body workout at powerhouse with a few friends who were there, made a slight mod (skipped arms) since I'll be training them tomorrow

Afterwards went for a ride on the bike then spent the last 6-7 hours at a BBQ/hot tub party, great host(s) and an awesome time

Ate a serious burger...two grilled cheese with a burger patty + bacon and such on the inside, and an oreo/reeses dessert...

Sat - back/chest/delts/abs...skipped arms (gauntlet wk3)

medium-width neutral-grip pulldown - two warmup and four working sets of 10 reps

chest-supported T-bar row - two warmup and four work sets of 8 reps, moderately heavy here but still leaving a few reps in the tank

low cable row - four sets of 10 with a 1-2sec hold/squeeze on every rep
+++
superset 'exercise-X' - threw this in for fun, 10-12 reps after each set of cable rows

hyperextension - bodyweight to near-failure, two sets of about 20 reps each

floor press - honestly the gym was crowded and I didn't want to make a scene, instead did flat DB press with a reduced stretch to simulate the same ROM

incline BB press - four sets of 6, pyramiding weight up...top set was a fairly explosive two and a half plates a side

side lateral DB raise - four sets of 12, heavy / to failure

+++
rope crunch - 15 reps after each set of leg raises

cardio - 30mins walking outside on whyte ave with mrs.SP

Weight 239

Woke up earlier than I wanted to but couldn't fall back asleep so I went for a walk and eventually ended up at the coffee shop

Did some errands, went on a motorcycle ride, met my friend then brother for coffee and then my youngest brother and I hit powerhouse

Sun - "rest day" (squats+arms)

highbar ATG squat - I really wasn't feeling it, hadn't eaten much and it was almost 6pm so all I did was
5 x 135
5 x 225
10 x 315...easy but wasn't feeling "strong" enough to add another plate
15 x 225...called it there

rope tricep pushdown - six sets of 15

supinated DB curl - five sets, pyramiding weight up...16/12/10/8/6 reps per set respectively

overhead one-arm DB tricep extension - four sets, higher reps in the 15-20 range

cross-body hammer DB curl - three sets of 8
+++
superset reverse-grip DB curl - to failure after each set of hammer curls, about 10-15 reps

rope tricep pushdown - two sets of 10 with a one second flex/squeeze at the bottom
+++
overhead tricep extension - 10-12 reps (to failure) after each set of pushdowns, full stretch but only going 3/4 to lockout

cardio - 25min walk outside in the morning

This pic is a few days old, 246lbs so about as heavy as I'm getting lately (maybe closer to 250 here, took it before bed):

g2b9l8Ul.jpg

Weight 239

Slept in a bit as I meant to get to work early to confirm my doctor's appointment time

Luckily it turned out not to be until 11:00 so I was able to actually get some work done, go for a walk and get to the doctor on time

I had no problem getting the referral for a sleep study that I was there for, but was unimpressed when he decided to lecture me on steroids

They weren't even part of the discussion, until he took my blood pressure, was visibly disappointed it to find it low then went on a tyrade anyways

"brain tumours"
"cancer"
"liver disease"
"organ growth"
and on
and on and on
and on and on and on...

Sigh. Good, relatively quick (considering the volume) workout at powerhouse after work then home to relax and eat

Mon - back/bi/chest/tris (gauntlet wk4)

medium width pullup - four sets of 8 reps, at this weight I probably only have 10-12 in me so that's about RPE 8

one-arm supinated pulldown - four sets of 8 per arm, keeping the hand supinated the whole time for this one, last set was to failure

DB pullover - four sets of 10 reps, except going to failure on the last set too

biceps...two exercises were called for but I skipped them due to energy levels and having trained arms just yesterday

shoulder superset to warmup for chest
1. side lateral DB raise - two sets of 15 reps
+++

HSPL chest press - four sets of 8 reps, with a 1 sec hard lockout on each...failure on the fourth set

incline DB press - four sets of 12, with minimal breaks between sets...almost couldn't get the 12th rep of the fourth set

chest dip - four bodyweight sets to failure, 10-15 reps per

rope tricep pushdown - three sets of 15
+++
superset overhead tricep extension - with a rope, to failure after each set of pushdowns

cardio - 25mins walking outside in the AM

Weight 242

Earlier day at the office today to catch up on some hours, decent amount of work (no time for a nap)

Went to my parents' for dinner with mrs.SP since the brother who lives farther away was in town with his wife for a wedding and that was our only opportunity to see them

Afterwards my sister and I hit good life for a leg workout...

Tue - hams/glutes...skipped calves/abs (gauntlet wk4)

warmup - stair mill

prone hamstring curl - two warmup sets, then four working sets of 8 reps...leaning up on elbows to really emphasize hams, and a triple dropset on the fourth working set

BB SLDL - four sets of 10, only going 3/4 to lockout...moderate weight to really make sure I'm targeting the hamstrings not just moving weight around

glute machine - three sets of 20 per leg, though on the last set we only did 10-12 because it seemed like beyond that there was too much quad involvement

smith squat - did these instead of the barbell squats because I feel like putting feet forward in a 'frog squat' pattern on the smith hits the glutes harder than a "glute focus" low bar squat ever could

sled drag - six lengths of the turf total with a fair bit of weight on the sled

walking lunges - four total lengths, probably about 50 paces per leg if I had to guess

Skipped calves, will try and find time to do them with abs tomorrow but I have a feeling that's already going to be a long workout...

Weight 243

Work. Choke down meals. Gym. Home. Meal prep time...

Wed - back/chest/delts/tris/bis (gauntlet wk4)

one-arm BB row - two warmup and four working sets of 8, for the chest and back exercises the first three are RPE 8 then fourth is to failure

HSPL chest-supported low-row - four working sets of 10 reps, again leaving 2 reps in the tank for the first 3 and failure on the fourth

smith bent-over deadstop row - four sets of 8, went really heavy on the last and only got about 6 then had to pause a breath for the last 2

side lateral DB raise - three sets of 15 reps, moderate weight to warmup the shoulders more
+++
superset front DB raise - three sets of 15 after each set of side laterals

flat DB press - four sets of 10, only going 3/4 lockout...pyramiding weight slightly, only got 8 on the last set

incline BB press - four sets of 12 with minimal rest between, went pretty moderate on weight and repped out to 15 (failure) on the fourth set

pec dec - four sets of 10 with a hard flex/squeeze on each rep

facepulls - used a rope since I didn't want to go out to my car to get bands just for one exercise, 20/25/30/35 reps per set respectively

rope tricep pushdown - couldn't find the D handles (only one set) to do 2x single handle pushdown so did these instead, four sets of 15 (failure)
+++
superset EZ-bar curl - 10 reps (to failure, with a bit of a cheat) after each set of tricep pushdowns

Took this after my workout at the goodlife last night:

XPpzAYol.jpg

Weight ? forgot to stand on the damn scale

Finally got a leg workout in with my friend who owns a fitness/training company

He offered me a job, with a few different options of how to make it work, how much I want to work...

LOTS to think about

Thu - hams/quads/calves (gauntlet wk4)

prone hamstring curl - two higher rep warmup sets, then four working sets of 10 hard reps...fourth was a triple dropset where we went to 15 reps on the final drop

HSPL incline leg press - considering that we were doing sets of 20 (four working sets) we went pretty heavy on this
20 reps x 8 plates per side
20 reps x 10 plates per side
20 x 11 plates
20 x 12 plates...this was a grinder but I managed to finish without rest/pausing

seated leg extension - four sets of 10 reps with a hard flex, only 60 sec rest in between sets...just enough time for the other guy to get his set in

highbar ATG squat - four sets of 8 reps, I just used three plates a side here which felt pretty heavy by this point in the workout

smith split squat - did these instead of stationary lunges...the objective was 8 per leg then the other let, four times in a row without stopping, I failed after 16 per leg so I did it in two sets

seated calf raise - three heavy sets of 12 full, 12 partials and a hard stretch at the end of each rep

standing calf raise - three sets of 15 full reps with a hard flex/squeeze at the top and again a good stretch at the end of each set

cardio - 25min walk outside after lunch

Weight 242

Friday was a bit of a gongshow, and a good day for a rest day

On saturday I woke up relatively early, went out for coffee and errands, a motorcycle ride then hit the gym

Afterwards I met a friend for sushi, we had a good chat and decided to carry on downtown so I ended up eating again at the Pint

Fairly clean food at both places though, and I am trying to keep my weight steady right now so I think the extra calories were warranted

Sat - back/chest/delts/abs (gauntlet wk4)

shoulder warmup superset
+++
2. front DB raise - 15 reps immediately after the side raises

unsupported hanging leg raise - four sets of 15 reps
+++

floor DB press - four sets of 10, locking each rep out hard at the top and pausing for a second at the bottom to remove any motion/bounce

flat DB press - four sets with a target of 15 reps, had to drop the weight on each and kept reps in the 12-15 range for all four sets...only 3/4 ROM on these

seated side lateral DB raise - four sets of 12 reps, very strict form

rear delt/reverse pec dec - four sets of 25 reps, aiming for failure on each so I did a few extra reps where necessary

t-bar landmine row - four sets of 8, heavy reps here

meadows' row - four sets of 8

various-grip pull down - used two different mag grips, so two sets of 10 with a narrow/supinated grip then two sets of 10 with a medium width/neutral grip

hyperextension - bodyweight to near-failure, about 20 reps per set for three sets

Weight 240

Another pretty decent weekend day, oats and coffee at Denny's then a nap before a bit of cardio

Dinner at the inlaws, arms with my usual sunday-armsday buddy and saw quite a few other people at the gym too

Prepping food now then bed...

Sun - arms/abs (extra/pump work)

supinated DB curl - five sets, pyramiding weight up
+++
superset overhead one-arm DB extension - four sets, pyramiding weight also

preacher 'spider' curl - five sets of 12-15 with a few partials at the end of each set
+++
superset overhead two-arm DB raise/extension - five sets of 15-20 reps, fairly heavy but light enough to keep the reps high-ish and good stretch/full ROM

smith CGBP - three sets of 12, then one heavy set of 7 reps plus another spotted rep
+++
superset 21s - using a moderate EZ-bar

rope tricep pushdown - three sets of 10-12
+++
superset overhead rope extension - to failure after each set of pushdowns, approximately 8-10 reps

rope hammer curl - did these '21' style, three sets...added reps where necessary to take each set to failure

unsupported hanging leg raise - three sets of 15 reps
+++

cardio - earlier in the day I went to goodlife with mrs.SP and did 15 mins on the stair mill followed by another 15-20 mins on the treadmill, low/moderate intensity

whUroKLl.jpg

Last edited:
Weight 242

Pretty good day for a monday, got outside in the beautiful weather for a walk

Decent leg workout with a friend, failed on a squat that I really didn't plan on trying which kind of sucked though

Home licking my wounds now...

Mon - legs (quads+hams)

seated hamstring curl - two warmup and three working sets of 15 reps
+++
superset adductor machine - five sets of 15 with the full stack

highbar ATG squat - once again, this didn't go as planned...I was following someone else's weight pyramid which I wasn't excited about
5 x 185
5 x 275
5 x 365
5 x 455
0 x 545 (fail)
0.5 x 505 (needed a spot)
12 x 315 x 2

incline leg press - pyramiding up doing sets of 10 here, went probably as heavy as I've ever gone
10 x 10 plates per side
10 x 12 plates (24 total)
10 x 14 (28 total)
10 x 15 (30 total)
8 + 2 x 16 (32 total)...these were kind of shallow-ish reps to be honest

BB SLDL - three sets of 12, heavy focus on hamstrings with no lockout

TFecSRbl.jpg

Weight 242

Good day, early start to things to try and get some more hours built up and have a nicer friday this week

Busy at work but I managed to get all my meals and a nap in

Home afterwards to see mrs.SP before hitting powerhouse for a solo upper body session

Tue - back/biceps/chest/triceps/abs (gauntlet wk5)

wide grip lat pulldown - four sets of 8, leaving a few reps in the tank then went to failure on the fourth set which meant a few extra reps

HSPL pulldown machine - four sets of 10, same RPE and failure goal on the last set

"Exercise X" - as john likes to call these, two high cables drawn toward the waist focusing on lat contraction, did three sets of 10 here

two-arm supinated DB curl - four sets of 8, very heavy on these (RPE 10)
+++
superset shoulder warmup
+++
2. superduperset front DB raise - 15 reps after each set of side laterals

HSPL chest press - four sets of 8 reps with a hard lockout on every rep, then went to failure on the last set which was a tough 12 reps

incline BB press - four sets of 6, leaving a few in the tank

pec dec - four sets of 10

double-rope tricep pushdown - four sets of 15 reps, aiming for failure on the 15th rep
+++
superset EZ-bar "21's" - three sets using a moderately heavy weight

unsupported hanging leg raise - three sets of 15 reps
+++

cardio - 25min walk outside in the afternoon, it was hot and beautiful out but I was walking with a coworker so I kept my tarp on

Here's a video of one of the squat sets from last night:

Weight 242

Busy day at work, then straight to the gym afterwards

Home to pick up mrs.SP and right to the theatre to see suicide squad, by the time we got out I was spent and fell asleep as soon as we got home

Wed - hams/glutes/abs/calves (gauntlet wk5)

seated hamstring curl - two warmup sets of 10 reps then four or five work sets of 10 reps, pyramiding weight up until I hit the full stack

highbar ATG squat - higher reps here, two warmup sets then three working sets, all 15 reps deep with no lockout at the top (as usual)
15 x 135
15 x 185
15 x 225
15 x 275
15 x 225...idea was not to exhaust here

seated leg extension - four sets of 12 reps with a hard 3 sec flex/hold at the top of every rep...subbed these in for glute bridges as I've decided the last thing I need is to do any butt isolation exercises
+++
superset seated calf press - horizontal version, the hammer strength machine that takes 12 plates total....five sets of 8 super heavy/slow reps

BB SLDL - it called for bands but they're in my car, since I was on my bike I decided to use chains instead which was pretty cool...four heavy sets of 8 reps each focusing on hamstrings
+++
superset standing calf raise - four sets of 15, also heavy but not quite as bad as the seated were

floor + decline crunch - two sets of each, 25-30 reps (four total sets)

cardio - 25min walk outdoors again, pretty brisk pace (my coworker's pokeyman game thought we were driving based on our groundspeed!)

Weight 245

Friday-eve-day! Long one at work but I managed to nap, walk and eat all my meals so that was fine

Headed to powerhouse immediately afterwards for a workout with my friend

My elbow's been bugging me again so I ended up making a few modifications to the chest portion of the workout

Finished up, picked up mrs.SP from dinner with her friends on whyte, dropped her off before a coffee with another friend

Late night so I didn't end up getting this posted until just now...

Thu - back/chest/delts/tris/bis (gauntlet wk5)

supinated narrow-grip pulldown - used a mag-grip attachment, did four sets of 12 and on the final set added a hard 10sec forced stretch

meadows' row - four sets of 8 heavier reps here, went even heavier on the fourth so the 8th rep was pretty much failure

seated low row - four sets of 10, finished with a triple dropset on the final set

shoulder warmup for chest..:
1. side lateral DB raise - two sets of 15 reps, strict
+++

decline DB press - two sets of 10 reps, but my elbow was bugging me so decided to move over to a machine

HSPL decline chest press - four sets of 10, moderate weight so I tried really focusing on the "squeeze" or flexing of the pecs

incline DB flye - three sets of 10 with pronated grip
+++
superset incline DB press - three sets of 6

lying rear DB lateral 'swings' - three sets of 15
+++
superset lying rear lateral DB raise - 15 more immediately after the swings
+++
superduperset DB six-ways - 12 reps immediately after the rear delt work to finish completely blowing up the delts

HSPL seated tricep pushdown - 3 sets of 15 reps
+++
superset preacher machine - 15 reps after each set of triceps

cardio - another 20-25mins walk outside, spent a good 5 mins on top of that stopped waiting for a train just soaking up more sun, I hate to think summer's coming to an end but I'm trying to get the most of what's left

Weight 246

Well every once in awhile you have one of those days where you really just mail it in

I'd say friday fit that bill for me...mostly napped, ate, bs'd, walked, napped

Eventually left work, hit the gym for legs with my brother in law before spending some time with mrs.SP for the rest of the night

Fri - hams/quads/calves (gauntlet wk5)

prone hamstring curl - two warmup sets then six working sets, 10 reps each with 1-2 left in the tank

highbar ATG squat - did the 15 rep version again, I kept it simple this time with four sets of 225 deep & slow, huge pump from this

cybex("heavy") incline leg press - five sets of 10 with the 'quad sweep' foot placement
+++
superset sissy squat - using the ankle holder/grabber, 8 reps after each set of leg press which was pretty much to failure

hack squat - two sets of 1.5s, 10 reps using moderate weight but going deep to the stops

seated calf raise - four heavy sets of 12 reps

cardio - 25min walk outside earlier in the day and a decent amount of other outside walking throughout the afternoon/evening

Back