SP's on/off-season log

Weight 252

I've been dealing with some brutal forearm/elbow pain bilaterally, it popped up a few months ago and bothered me off and on for about a week then disappeared.

It's back with a vengeance, first manifesting a while squatting Thursday then much worse on an arms day Friday evening, the aftermath kept me up almost all night.

It bothered me enough to cut my shoulders workout short on Saturday, so I took Sunday off then Monday night during a killer set of squats I had to rack it due to excruciating pain.

The closest analogy I could come up with is that it feels like what I'd imagine compartment syndrome would feel like, though I've never suffered from that myself (I don't think...)

I went to the doctor's office this morning and got requisitions for ultrasounds (and X-rays, though I doubt there will be anything to see there).

The pain is concentrated in the brachialis and brachioradialis area(s), and since it's both symmetrical and much more severe when pressing than pulling I am relatively sure it's not a biceps tendon issue.

On the positive side my blood pressure isn't as bad as I assumed it would be at this weight, 132/69 so I can hopefully keep pushing upwards.

Last edited:
Back