Start A First Cycle Or Not???

Jonnyrow3

I've been thinking about starting a bulk cycle for a few weeks now.

*Background*
165lbs
I used to workout daily with a trainer (did that for a year)
3000-4000 calories a day
After 6 months of training, I never got a millimeter bigger, my trainer even said that it was odd. I kept getting a little bit stronger but no size whatsoever.
It's been a year since I've consistently been in the gym

So I've been thinking about going on a cycle because I don't want to just hit that "peak" that I hit in that 6 months of training. I want to surpass that by miles. Am I being a dumbass thinking I can take a cycle? Or am I speaking logically?

If I'm missing any info lmk
Thanks!

I've been thinking about starting a bulk cycle for a few weeks now.

*Background*
165lbs
I used to workout daily with a trainer (did that for a year)
3000-4000 calories a day
After 6 months of training, I never got a millimeter bigger, my trainer even said that it was odd. I kept getting a little bit stronger but no size whatsoever.

It's been a year since I've consistently been in the gym

So I've been thinking about going on a cycle because I don't want to just hit that "peak" that I hit in that 6 months of training. I want to surpass that by miles. Am I being a dumbass thinking I can take a cycle? Or am I speaking logically?

If I'm missing any info lmk
Thanks!

You asked if you where being a dumbass and I say yes. You opened that door.

That being said you state that you where eating 4000 calories per day but saw no results, no gains. Please read the stickies at the top of each forum and read up on first cycle and also do a search on what age to start cycling at. your still way to young son. and show us a self pic.

Last edited:
You're too young to cycle.
Nobody "peaks" 6 months into training- especially a young lad with little experience.
If you can't gain any weight naturally then you'll lose everything after you cycle.
Learn the basics.
Eat more.
Maybe get your thyroid tested- you may have hyper thyroid, but most likely you're just not doing it right.

go get blood work done and see if you have hormonal deficiencies that are holding you back , like low test , thyroid issues etc.. if all checks out clear , then you just do not know how to train with proper programming and intensity.

go to the training section and post up your current split or training program. your a newb in the gym and you should be growing like a weed at this stage , not be hitting plateus

Unless you're 5 feet tall you haven't peaked. Trust me, learn diet as it is 90% of the battle. There are a ton of diets on the internet and here. 3J is a stud and is a great person to speak to if you're serious.

At 21 years old you're in the most anabolic stage of your life. Some people will say get blood work but unless you're less then 1% of the typical 21 years olds out there you're fine

Unless you're 5 feet tall you haven't peaked. Trust me, learn diet as it is 90% of the battle. There are a ton of diets on the internet and here. 3J is a stud and is a great person to speak to if you're serious.

At 21 years old you're in the most anabolic stage of your life. Some people will say get blood work but unless you're less then 1% of the typical 21 years olds out there you're fine

I agree diet is a crucial role and the number one thing needed to grow . but he did say he was consuming 4000 cals a day, if that is true and he's only 165 pounds, then he should have grown being in a surplus (of course we don't know his macros).
I think his training is the main issue , prob not knowing how to fully contract the muscle, and prob a ton of flaws in his programming (common for newbs)

I agree diet is a crucial role and the number one thing needed to grow . but he did say he was consuming 4000 cals a day, if that is true and he's only 165 pounds, then he should have grown being in a surplus (of course we don't know his macros).
I think his training is the main issue , prob not knowing how to fully contract the muscle, and prob a ton of flaws in his programming (common for newbs)

Yeah for sure. Plus he's prob not consuming 4000cals cause you should be growing

Agreed with other reasons not to cycle, ecspecially too young. Take advantage of your youth while u can man.

I didn't take anything anabolic till after 4 years training and even then it was a smidge of anavar out of curiosity.

Food is the biggest contributor to gains full stop! Also worth tracking your food properly for a while to make sure you are actually eating 4000 cals a day. In my noob training days I was dieting and thought I was eating 1800 calls a day, started tracking properly and turned out it was 2500 ***128514;.

Just need to put in the time and effort and it will come. After a few more years you should have the knowledge to make informed decisions ***128077;***128077;

I didn't take anything anabolic till after 4 years training and even then it was a smidge of anavar out of curiosity.

Food is the biggest contributor to gains full stop! Also worth tracking your food properly for a while to make sure you are actually eating 4000 cals a day. In my noob training days I was dieting and thought I was eating 1800 calls a day, started tracking properly and turned out it was 2500 ***128514;.

Just need to put in the time and effort and it will come. After a few more years you should have the knowledge to make informed decisions ***128077;***128077;

you played with an oral only?

Back