Starting TRT, just want to make sure I haven't missed anything

AnonEagle

*see actual questions at the bottom, top is background

For the moment giving up on finding a doc, and planning on starting TRT dosage shortly. Just way too busy to keep fucking around with bullshit doctors that don't have a clue. If anyone knows a doctor around Philly let me know! :)

I fucked around with one endo before. Got a bunch of bloodwork, put my on thyroid med (levothyroxine @ 25 mcg/day), and did an MRI looking at my pituitary for damage or something like that (negative).

Bloodwork from multiple different dates:
TSH - 2.47 mIU/L (0.40-4.50)
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies - 10 IU/ml (<35)

Dihydrotestosterone, LC/MS/MS - 19 ng/dL (16-79)
Total Test 1 - 294 ng/dL (250-1100)
Free Test - 55.6 pg/mL (35-155)
Total Test 2 - 347 ng/dl (250-1100)
Free Test 2 - 62.5 pg/ml (35-155)
Total Test 3 - 319 ng/dl (250-1100)
Free Test 3 - 67 (35-155)

FSH - 1.0 mIU/mL (1.6-8.0)
LH - 1.7 mIU/mL (1.5-9.3)
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin - 17 nmol/L (10-50)
Prolactin - 8.2 ng/mL (2.0-18.0)
Estradiol - 33 pg/mL (<39)

Protein, Total 7.8 g/dL (6.1-8.1)
Albumin - 5.2 g/dL (3.6-5.1)
Globulin - 2.6 g/dL (1.9-3.7)
Albumin/Globulin Ratio - 2.0 (1.0-2.5)
Bilirubin Total - 1.3 mg/dL (0.2-1.2)
Bilirubin Direct - 0.3 mg/dL (<0.2)

Bilirubin Indirect - 1.0 mg/dL (0.2-1.2)
Alkaline Phosphatase - 89 U/L (40-115)
AST - 22 U/L (10-40)
ALT - 29 U/L (9-46)

*Note, all of the bottom results, and Testosterone #1 are the latest.

Doctor refused to do any hormonal treatment because my Test is in range for someone between the ages of 18 and 65. I don't want the life of a 63 year old at age 24! FUCK THAT.
TBH, I just do NOT have time at the moment to be going to doctors and shit all the time, figure I might try again in a couple years, but until them, will just self-prescribe.

Cycle experience, I forget all, but probably 5-6 cycles, have at times used Test, Tren, Dbol, Masteron, and EQ.

I have tried a PCT therapy blast, no luck. Ran HCG throughout my last cycle, with nolva+clomid PCT. Oh well, it's one of the risks we accept by using this stuff.

ANYWAYS, my actual questions:
1. Is there anything else I need to do before I start running my TRT? I was planning on doing one last bloodwork test, the female hormone panel at LabsMD - Simple and Secure Lab Tests Online
I figure this should give me a good baseline just before I start. I also deposited sperm at a local cryobank, in case I end up sterilizing myself. I'm in this for the long haul.
Is there anything else I should have tested, that I haven't covered in the above bloodwork, or the Hormone Panel for Females and LabsMD?

2. At what point should I get my bloodwork retested? I'm thinking maybe 4-6 months to give not just the testosterone/E2, but everything time to settle in as well.
I've also heard some people say to donate blood every 56 days... When would you start actually doing this? Immediately 2 months after starting TRT? Would seem kinda odd, since I've never heard of people running normal 12-15 week cycles to do that.

3. Anyways else that may be helpful to me, but if all you have is criticism over my age or anything else, kindly skip my thread. I accept the costs of starting cycling when I did, and I have done the research back then and since.
I've been around here and elsewhere since my join date.

Thanks for input.

Last edited:
Back