Stay on year round for competitive bodybuilding?

TurboII

I know everyone is going to say I'm way to young and yes I might be... I might not of even lifted long enough to consider this but either all my research, dedication and extreme self discipline is spot on or my genetics are superior. I'm 25... 5'10" lifting for only 2 years max. Two cycles under my belt both only 12 weeks long of test p and e 500-600mg/week. Started because I was a FAT 235lbs and went for an extremely weight loss of 4 months bringing me down to 165lbs (won a competition at work as well that happened to start a month after starting diet/cardio).

I then lifted for the other 18 months and got up to 227 ~18% bf and cut down to 183 and competed in my first show taking 3rd place for middleweight (local show at state level). The show was a last minute thing as I already knew I had plans to compete that year but was going to go to one further away and a few months out but was notified of this one and jumped the gun w/ only 14 weeks to cut from 227. Dieted and ran into contest ALL NATTY... so I lost a lot of muscle mass as well. First cycle was probably 2 months before. Held onto all of the weight and gained strength throughout post cycle therapy (pct).

For a reference I started benching 95lbs... x6 MAX! and am now benching 365 for 1rm and 315 for 8 reps and 145 DB's for 5. All in ~20 months of lifting.
(Squat 315x12, Deadlift 405x5)

So I plan on to continue competing competitively and want to hit local/state shows for the next 4 years and pop up at an NPC event 5 years down the road instead of taking top ~5-10 for several years i'd rather go all out on my first NPC and have the pre contest peak down by then or obviously at my best. Just started post cycle therapy (pct) of 2nd cycle went on after competition and took advantage of recomp.

Plan on doing the cruise/blast unless not thinking its necessary and bulking on cruises cutting on blast using recomp advantage.

Otherwise it looks like a few years of bulk cycles which I dont think I care for adding on so much bf... would rather use cycles for cutting to maintain muscle and then recomp natty starting during post cycle therapy (pct).

Currently 231lbs ~13-16% bf... Here are some Before, Contest and Current pictures.View attachment 546001View attachment 546002View attachment 546003View attachment 546004View attachment 546005

Last edited:
First off, great job on making such a lifestyle change! It's great to hear success stories of people changing their health for the better. Now, I don't know much about blast and cruising. To be honest, it's above me. What I do know though is that to take the plunge into that lifestyle is a full on commitment. You really need to think about it and decide if it's something you really want to do and won't regret 10 years from now.

Think on this: you're 25 years old. Can you see pinning when you're 70?

45 years of spiking is a long fucking time.

Awesome transformation! True success story.

Last edited:
understood... but my source is powder and can get enough for a lifetime if needed be and set aside. Regardless I'm doing post cycle therapy (pct) and getting hormone panel before next cycle. I get physical blood work that includes liver values hdl ldl etc... every 3 months or so.

Think on this: you're 25 years old. Can you see pinning when you're 70?

45 years of spiking is a long fucking time.

It's not an issue... and If I live to 70 I didn't try hard enough :D I'm planning maybe 60 at most and I'd be happy...

I already have a child that is almost 5 years old so that is not an issue either for having kids down the road... it was a boy so i'm fully content! lol

First off, great job on making such a lifestyle change! It's great to hear success stories of people changing their health for the better. Now, I don't know much about blast and cruising. To be honest, it's above me. What I do know though is that to take the plunge into that lifestyle is a full on commitment. You really need to think about it and decide if it's something you really want to do and won't regret 10 years from now.

Forgot to thank you as well for the compliment.

It's not an issue... and If I live to 70 I didn't try hard enough :D I'm planning maybe 60 at most and I'd be happy...

I already have a child that is almost 5 years old so that is not an issue either for having kids down the road... it was a boy so i'm fully content! lol

70 sounds pretty fucked anyway....lol

understood... but my source is powder and can get enough for a lifetime if needed be and set aside. Regardless I'm doing post cycle therapy (pct) and getting hormone panel before next cycle. I get physical blood work that includes liver values hdl ldl etc... every 3 months or so.

I'm in the same boat as you, but my sport of choice is powerlifting. Don't let the fact you can get powder mean that you should stay on all the time. I think most everything is reversible, but I'm optimistic. I think you can probably make some good gains by cycling still but I can see the allure of staying on. Just remember your "cruise" is considered your "time off" and your "blasting" is your cycle; so keep that consistent and you should be able to stay healthy.

Note: I have been on since December 2011 and now I DREAD pulling out a pin to inject. It gets old quick.

both of my cycles consisted of:

1-5 test P 50mg ED
1-10 Test E 250mg 2x/week
10-12 Test P 50mg ED
post cycle therapy (pct) was clomid for 3 weeks. 100 first 3 days, 50 ED after that.
Aromasin on cycle 12.5 e3d and 12.5 EOD post cycle therapy (pct) first 2 weeks.

Didn't mind pinning ED but yes I would understand the cruise would be time off at ~125-150mg/week and I would be bulking mostly during cruises taking advantage of the recomp from cutting on blast.

hey man great change you look good. im a competitor here and from what the talk is blasting and cruising is what is known to be done... that "2 stepps foward, 1 step backward" saying that goes with a post cycle therapy (pct) is too critical when you are competing with dudes who are eating just like you, and hitting the gear just like you. this is my first year that ive entered the blast and cruise. you win competitons by building in your offseason size means alot in this game right now.

if you plan a cycle thats when u hit it hard
then when u want to take off thats when u cruise
example blast 16 weeks
cruise 10 weeks

What kind of doses and what products would be recommended by competitors at both the blast and cruise parts, also what other products would be used Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), peptides, insulin ect....
Would a 10 week cruise offer enough receptor clearing for the blast to effective..?
Would much weight be lost on the cruise, or would calorie intake be increased further thus increasing weight..?

I'd be really greatful if anyone could add some of this info to this thread as I have a lot interest in this.!

This is a good topic. Great job op
I had a guy telling me about this who didn't do shows and I thought to myself.. Why?.

Granted dudes only 21 and been on juice since 17. Grain of salt.

Back