steroids and birth affects...

ILoveTren

is thier any scientific evidence to prove that steroids can cause birth deffects and negative side affects to your child? how many of you have had a "normal" kid after or during a cycle?

this topic has come up before and i believe everyone has said no. To be a birth defect i think it is in the dna or genes , something like that. Steroids don't mess with that. I'm positive that guys on juice will have no effect on the birth. Pretty positive females won't either.

None that I'm aware of, but if you are talking about a WOMAN since you dont specify, I would not advise it just out of that "no point in risking it" sense.

Accutane, YES.

I did several cycles and was "on" when we conceived.......

Perfectly normal pregnancy.

Although its better to be on the safe side. Id wait till i was off if i were to do it again just to be on the safe side.

Gator

As mentioned above, if a man uses steriods it cannot cause birth defects to his offspring because the steroids cannot affect the dna from his sperm. He will probably be much less likely to conceive a child because of a lowered sperm count, but if he does conceive a child, it won't be affected.

I believe steroids could negatively affect a woman's fetus if she used them while she was pregnant, but I'm just speculating, I have no hard information to back this up.

thanks for the info yall.... i was wondering for myself not for a women just if u wanted to know; but thanks much appreciated

I have learned than high androgen levels in the womb will cause a baby with xx genes to form as a male. Not sure of the side effects being to desirable though so this would be a bad way to guarantee a baby boy

I was going to mention accutane is a huge no-no for any woman, pregant or going to be soon. Im not sure if its safe for the man to be on accutane while the couple is trying to conceive though.

Back