Steroids: Why They Are Not the Answer by 3J

3J

Super Moderator

Im sure youre looking at the title of this article and wondering what the heck is going on. No, this is not an anti-steroid article. This article is more like a reality check for those trying to get into the aesthetic hormone game. Furthermore, its not an original article since I have written multiple articles covering the same topic over the years. Since my inception on multiple forums as a leading figure head in nutrition and training I have made it a top priority to emphasize the necessity of nutrition over everything else. Let me explain…

This is a steroid forum, that’s a fact. In a perfect world, people would come to this forum to gain the knowledge they needed to hear. Do you understand what I mean by “gaining the knowledge you need to hear?” There is a big difference between what you want to learn and what you need to learn. Some forums out there have become cesspools for validation. It is my strong opinion and embedded in my principles that we, as vets of the forum, have a duty and obligation to give out good advice. There are a bunch of people out there looking for information on how to run a cycle “properly.” What they are really looking for is validation for what they are about to do. The term “educate before you medicate” is something that I hold close to my heart. I cant tell you how many countless times I have seen people who are not ready for the use of anabolics hop on a poorly planned cycle, with a poorly planned nutrition and training program, and poor undeveloped stats looking for the magic pill effect. All they want to hear is “hey you just do this and this an youre good to go.” I find poor advice given out like that to be blasphemous. Youre giving the person a reason to do harm to themselves and end up with nothing to show for it.

What is the magic pill effect? It’s the characteristically and psychologically flawed human condition known as instant gratification; I want what I want, I don’t want to work hard for it, and I want it now. Unhappy with our current aesthetics, thanks mainly to the unrealistic expectations that the mass media pressures upon each and every single one of us, we look for the fastest and easiest way to meet the criteria of a hard body. I mean, who wouldn’t want that? You mean to say all I have to do is take this pill and inject myself a few times a week and ill look like the guy on the cover of muscle and fitness? Of course anyone would want that! But that’s not the case. Youre not going to look like a fitness model with steroids alone. There is no “magic pill.” Im sorry I have to be the one to burst your bubble but those people you strive to become with such haste didn’t do it the way youre planning on doing it. They worked hard for the body that they earned. Earned, not given nor handed to but earned. You want the hard body? You have to put in the work. No one gets that hard body overnight or over one cycle when their stats are disproportionate.

The truth is there is a lot that goes into getting the body you want. The most important aspect of getting your body is not in a magic pill but in the kitchen! We have this whole thing ass backwards. People think they can just go to the gym and work their ass off to get the body they want. In reality, you cant out train a bad diet. I am a firm believer that when all other things are equal 80% of your progress comes from your diet. That means the majority of your efforts should be in the kitchen. So you want to cycle? Youre going to have to meet a list pre-requisites. Age, weight, height, training history, current body fat, nutrition, and your level of education on anabolics will all determine your justified/unjustified use of anabolics. There is a reason why the vets are out there giving you a hard time about wanting to do your first cycle at 18, wanting to do an oral only cycle, wanting to do a cycle when you haven’t touched weights ever/in a long time, or wanting to do a cycle when your bodyfat is at 30% (or anything over 15% realistically). There is cold hard fact behind their reasoning, they aren’t telling you no just to spite you!

So before you pop that bottle open and chew pills or fill that syringe up and inject yourself, ask yourself are you ready? Have you done enough research? Have you proven to yourself that youre committed by developing yourself to your natural potential with a kick ass nutrition and training program over the years? If you haven’t, then stop chasing the magic pill down the rabbit hole and look yourself in the mirror.

Good luck to all of you in your goals

If interested in personalized diet and training routines please contact me at 3jdiet@gmail.com to become a client.

People make this so complicated but its not. Get on a meal plan inject your ass train hard and dont be a whiny little bch

people in 2015 still think steroids are a magic bullet? color me shocked!

They are a performance enhancer both externally (gym, training, sports etc.) and internally (overdrive of relevant physiological processes.) Obviously both the factors are interrelated.

The performance still needs to be put in for it to be enhanced!!!

Just to give a good example of not being able to out-exercise or out-drug a poor diet, I once burned off 600 calories on an elliptical machine. It took me about 40 minutes and was a VERY good work out for the cardiovascular system! However, had I then gone out afterwards and eaten a Whopper WITHOUT Cheese, I would have consumed 636 calories in that one burger. 40 minutes of hard work would have vanished in 5 minutes of eating...and I most likely would have had fries and a large soda with it...

yea.. this is a public service announcement in all accounts..

get your head out your ass, if you cant put in the hard work steroids wont magically make you look like arnold.

Just to give a good example of not being able to out-exercise or out-drug a poor diet, I once burned off 600 calories on an elliptical machine. It took me about 40 minutes and was a VERY good work out for the cardiovascular system! However, had I then gone out afterwards and eaten a Whopper WITHOUT Cheese, I would have consumed 636 calories in that one burger. 40 minutes of hard work would have vanished in 5 minutes of eating...and I most likely would have had fries and a large soda with it...

Take a look at the nutrition facts sheet on McDonald's breakfast menu sometime. I nearly keeled over after realizing that many years ago I was EASILY consuming over 6,000 calories in a sitting! That's almost 2lbs of body fat if a person were to remain sedentary for the rest of the day and had a small lunch/dinner.

Pretty amazing how much the world changes when we open our eyes. Great write up 3J, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't learned a great deal from you over the years. :)

I don't buy the "diet is 80%" saying but it IS important to your goals. To show off the hard earned muscle by burning the fat( keeping most of the muscle) diet gets increasingly important. You have to eat enough to gain weight, get enough protein to build muscle. The macros are less important here in my opinion than hard aas training breaking down muscle to make it grow.

Dieting down,especially for contest etc. diet becomes more important than training. Yes you need to lift to keep the muscle, but the macros and meal timing become crucial imo

I don't buy the "diet is 80%" saying but it IS important to your goals. To show off the hard earned muscle by burning the fat( keeping most of the muscle) diet gets increasingly important. You have to eat enough to gain weight, get enough protein to build muscle. The macros are less important here in my opinion than hard aas training breaking down muscle to make it grow.

Dieting down,especially for contest etc. diet becomes more important than training. Yes you need to lift to keep the muscle, but the macros and meal timing become crucial imo

we are all entitled to our opinion..

just remember, you can half ass a training routine with a really good diet and cut, but you cant half ass your diet and have a perfect training routine expecting the same results

we are all entitled to our opinion..

just remember, you can half ass a training routine with a really good diet and cut, but you cant half ass your diet and have a perfect training routine expecting the same results

Or how about:

You can half ass training while on gear and get results, but a half ass diet will provide half ass results. ;)

Done it both ways; I'm completely sold on the fact that diet dictates results regardless of cutting or bulking. Can't cut if you're eating too many calories (it's much easier to stuff your face than it is spending an extra 3hrs on a treadmill), and you can't bulk if you're not getting enough calories (that includes tren - it just lowers required calories).

Or how about:

You can half ass training while on gear and get results, but a half ass diet will provide half ass results. ;)

Done it both ways; I'm completely sold on the fact that diet dictates results regardless of cutting or bulking. Can't cut if you're eating too many calories (it's much easier to stuff your face than it is spending an extra 3hrs on a treadmill), and you can't bulk if you're not getting enough calories (that includes tren - it just lowers required calories).

3j showed me the error of my ways years ago..

~ the following is a pubic service announcement~

i had just been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue, total testosterone came back at 119 ( damn it man!)

i was put on TRT, trained my ass off 5 days a week..

in 6 months i dropped from 236 down to 210, that number doesn't reflect the recomp my body went through though - i had cut a lot of flubber and put back on some decent muscle.. muscle memory for sure, i was strong and had stamina through the roof in the gym - but that god damn body fat just wasn't coming off..

was starting to look like " me " again after a couple years of being down with a pretty severe back injury, followed up with a bout of pain killer addiction resulting from my pain management doctor.. i rehabbed my back, kicked the opiates.. but no matter how hard i pushed i was stuck at 210, still carrying a lot of body fat

i bumped up my training, 6 days a week with a couple days being 2x a day training.. i still couldn't drop any damned weight, and i over trained to the point i couldn't get out of bed for a few days - took couple weeks to get back to my sustainable training schedule

i was just resigned to being stuck at 210, was still being called " the white james toney" by the boys in the gym even after cutting down from almost 240 lbs.

3j's put me on his program, and literally started cutting weight within a couple days.

i think it was 12 weeks total, i had dropped from 210 down to 170 lbs +/-

i hadn't changed my training, had not pushed any harder or hit it with any more frequency.. with the exact same training i had been doing, but with totally modifying my eating habits - i hit my goals and then even set a new goal for rocking a six pack AND having a comeback fight aftr three years of doing nothing.. i nailed them both, win win

i realized while getting into his program, i had no idea about how to eat/ diet properly. even as a young man cutting for fights all th time - 3j had me learning to track macros and count calories, learned to eat properly for the first time in my life.

at 40 years old i just didn't had the metabolism or the recovery from workouts allowing me to push harder and harder to try and out run my diet, there is no doubt in my mind that (for me at least, and probably you too) it is 80% diet brothers..

my two cents, for whatever they're worth
chucky B

Reactions: 3J
you cant deny it.. its always about the diet FIRST..

and you can look at any of my clients b and a pics...

here is the most recent one.. 6 month transformation

1. I have no idea which program is best for me (carb cycling, etc.). My goal is to have ripped abs and beef up my arms and legs. Chest (pecs) are plenty big. If I had to choose over larger arms / legs or abs – I would choose abs hands down.

2. I have a set schedule. Work out 5X a week first thing in the AM (6-7:30AM) when I get up with minimal food – maybe 1/3 of a 20G protein bar as I drive to the gym. I’m flexible to change what I do in that timeframe (try HIIT, different lifting program, etc.). My current training route is to do cardio (dreadmill/ elliptical) for 20 minutes then lift for 1 to 1.25 hours. While working out I drink a protein shake (Gold Standard). After finishing the workout I hit the showers and pick up some plain steel cut oats and a banana. Lunch is a salad with fresh veggies (green peppers, tomato, kale, and broccoli – no starchy veggies) and grilled chicken. Dinner is lean meat and vegies. Snacks = celery with peanut butter, beef jerky, sometimes small piece of chocolate. Sure, I have a cheat meal 1-2X a week, but even when I cheat I try to keep it low carb. Had fajitas the other day – just meat cheese and vegies, no chips or tortilla and water to drink.
3. I’m up for anything and am not afraid of hard work and dedication

About me:

Pics here - http://www.steroidology.com/forum/pictures-our-members/680729-what-my-body-fat.html

I’m 39, 5’9” 163lbs. Just started TRT in June. Currently on 60mg Cyp E3.5D and a very small amount of AI. Also I’m 40 days into taking 10mg Armour Thyroid (TSH was 3.3). I’ve NEVER run a cycle just over the counter stuff (creatine, etc.)

I’ve been lifting since college but never took diet too seriously – never had to, was always skinny. At 35 when my metabolism slowed down I ballooned from 155 to 180lbs. About 2 years got very serious about training hard and eating clean. I dropped down to 163lbs and packed on some muscle but still have a soft mid-section – there is virtually no fat collection anywhere else on my body. Yep – the dreaded belly fat.

I’m not looking for free advice, rather what would a 3J plan look like for me given the above and associated cost?

I’m posting this public so others in my position can get benefit. If you prefer to PM me any or all of your response, that’s fine too.

Last edited:
1. I have no idea which program is best for me (carb cycling, etc.). My goal is to have ripped abs and beef up my arms and legs. Chest (pecs) are plenty big. If I had to choose over larger arms / legs or abs ***8211; I would choose abs hands down.

2. I have a set schedule. Work out 5X a week first thing in the AM (6-7:30AM) when I get up with minimal food ***8211; maybe 1/3 of a 20G protein bar as I drive to the gym. I***8217;m flexible to change what I do in that timeframe (try HIIT, different lifting program, etc.). My current training route is to do cardio (dreadmill/ elliptical) for 20 minutes then lift for 1 to 1.25 hours. While working out I drink a protein shake (Gold Standard). After finishing the workout I hit the showers and pick up some plain steel cut oats and a banana. Lunch is a salad with fresh veggies (green peppers, tomato, kale, and broccoli ***8211; no starchy veggies) and grilled chicken. Dinner is lean meat and vegies. Snacks = celery with peanut butter, beef jerky, sometimes small piece of chocolate. Sure, I have a cheat meal 1-2X a week, but even when I cheat I try to keep it low carb. Had fajitas the other day ***8211; just meat cheese and vegies, no chips or tortilla and water to drink.
3. I***8217;m up for anything and am not afraid of hard work and dedication

About me:

Pics here - http://www.steroidology.com/forum/pictures-our-members/680729-what-my-body-fat.html

I***8217;m 39, 5***8217;9***8221; 163lbs. Just started TRT in June. Currently on 60mg Cyp E3.5D and a very small amount of AI. Also I***8217;m 40 days into taking 10mg Armour Thyroid (TSH was 3.3). I***8217;ve NEVER run a cycle just over the counter stuff (creatine, etc.)

I***8217;ve been lifting since college but never took diet too seriously ***8211; never had to, was always skinny. At 35 when my metabolism slowed down I ballooned from 155 to 180lbs. About 2 years got very serious about training hard and eating clean. I dropped down to 163lbs and packed on some muscle but still have a soft mid-section ***8211; there is virtually no fat collection anywhere else on my body. Yep ***8211; the dreaded belly fat.

I***8217;m not looking for free advice, rather what would a 3J plan look like for me given the above and associated cost?

I***8217;m posting this public so others in my position can get benefit. If you prefer to PM me any or all of your response, that***8217;s fine too.
hello, please contact me directly at 3jdiet@gmail.com to inquire about services.. thank you

make sure to copy and paste this in the email

Back