Still shut down after 6 months, need advise!

iron24

Hi guys,
I'm 28 and have run about 5 cycles in the last 5 years, most of them were just Test and anavar for about 10 weeks each. The last one ended about 6 months and I ran a pct of Nolva for 4 weeks. A month later I had my test levels checked for the first time ever and they showed up at 220. I then ran clomid 50mg for 3 weeks and on the 3rd week got checked and the levels were raised to 440 so I thought things were looking good.

Now 3 months after that I go and get tested again to make sure everything is good and I'm back down to 260! I realize that I should have ran Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) right after the cycle but now its too late and I have no idea how to get my levels up.

I would appreciate any advise, and I'm curious as to why my estrogen, lh, and fsh are all low as well??

Results:
Testosterone= 260 ng/dl
LH 2.0
FSH 2.6
Estradiol 7.2

hi guys,
i'm 28 and have run about 5 cycles in the last 5 years, most of them were just test and anavar for about 10 weeks each. The last one ended about 6 months and i ran a pct of nolva for 4 weeks. A month later i had my test levels checked for the first time ever and they showed up at 220. I then ran clomid 50mg for 3 weeks and on the 3rd week got checked and the levels were raised to 440 so i thought things were looking good.

Now 3 months after that i go and get tested again to make sure everything is good and i'm back down to 260! I realize that i should have ran Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) right after the cycle but now its too late and i have no idea how to get my levels up.

I would appreciate any advise, and i'm curious as to why my estrogen, lh, and fsh are all low as well??

Results:
Testosterone= 260 ng/dl
lh 2.0
fsh 2.6
estradiol 7.2

isn't that a pretty good number cause at 30 you go down fast

I don't think 260 is really normal at all since it's been 6 months from the cycle and the lab lists normal levels as 349-1100. Any other thoughts?

did you ever get your bloods done prior to this? you could've always had low T. the reasoning for the spike in test after taking the clomid is that clomid acts as a test booster. you came off the clomid, your test went back down to normal. are you losing gains? if not i wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if you aren't tired and your sex drive is still there. give it a few more months and have bloods done again. if it's still the same then go to the doctor.

did you ever get your bloods done prior to this? you could've always had low T. the reasoning for the spike in test after taking the clomid is that clomid acts as a test booster. you came off the clomid, your test went back down to normal. are you losing gains? if not i wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if you aren't tired and your sex drive is still there. give it a few more months and have bloods done again. if it's still the same then go to the doctor.

I agree

Unfortunately I've never done blood work prior to this cycle. I generally feel mediocre but not terrible. I definitely have noticed a little bit of a drop in sex drive/ fatigue although like I said it's still there. My concern in waiting another few months is that if I've already given it 6 what will really change? I'm wondering if I should see an endocrinologist to get this fixed sooner rather than later

You should definitely get your hormones checked periodically. Twice a year would be fine. 260 total testosterone could be considered normal to a lot of doctors. The normal range for someone your age is more like 250-850. I would go more by how you feel. If you feel fine and everything else is in check with your bloodwork then you may not need TRT.

Regardless of how long ago it was like you said about Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) you can do a post cycle therapy (pct) right now and see if you can kickstart your HPTA a little better. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) 500ius for 10 days then do a nolva clomid post cycle therapy (pct) for 3-4 weeks. wait a couple months then get checked. If its still low it might be time for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) but they are right for your age those numbers arent to shabby. A buddy of mine is 32 and he got his checked and it came back 280 and he was hoping to get on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and the doc said naw that normal for your age. come back in 5 years when its in the 100s and we will do trt.

HCG will shut down your LH production, which you dont want, you need to run Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) throughout your cycle and I advise against it during post cycle therapy (pct). In your case it looks like you have messed up your hormones from the cycles, just give it time and good training and diet and hopefully youll return to homeostasis.

You said you have never had bloodwork for test levels prior to cycling so how do you know that 260 isnt around your normal levels? You might have had low t to begin with.

HCG will shut down your LH production, which you dont want, you need to run Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) throughout your cycle and I advise against it during post cycle therapy (pct). In your case it looks like you have messed up your hormones from the cycles, just give it time and good training and diet and hopefully youll return to homeostasis.

You said you have never had bloodwork for test levels prior to cycling so how do you know that 260 isnt around your normal levels? You might have had low t to begin with.

Thanks for the replies guys. Can anyone speak to my LH and FSH levels, also my estrogen is very low, do these seem normal? I'm wondering if I should get checked out by an endo at all.

couldn't hurt to go get checked out by someone who spent years in school and years practicing rather than experimenting on yourself.....

I will probably get checked out by an Endo. Would it be wise to mention that I've taken stuff in the past or should I play dumb?

Back