strength vs. explosiveness

ILB50

i have heard that explosive lifs such as power cleans and jammer extensions and push press and plyometrics should be done on separate days from slower more controled lifts such and bench squat deadlifts etc is this true if so why is this and how should i change my lifting style

ILB50 said:
i have heard that explosive lifs such as power cleans and jammer extensions and push press and plyometrics should be done on separate days from slower more controled lifts such and bench squat deadlifts etc is this true if so why is this and how should i change my lifting style

jammer extensions????

yes i know i like them to but when do you do them on a explosive day or a strength day

ILB50 said:
yes i know i like them to but when do you do them on a explosive day or a strength day
nothig wrong with training them both on the same day as long as you working similar body parts. in fact i like the idea of doing this.

i do a lot of my assistance work opn dead and squat day explosively. 45° hypers, reverse hypers, glute ham raise, pulling against heavy band tension, etc.....

many styrength athlestes incorporate kettlebells into their training. they are an explosive movement that are often done after squat day and dead day.

hope this helps

its fine, but be aware that if you squat the day you do lower body plyometrics you wont have as great of a workout you could be having

GatorFB21 said:
your boss owns you woman lol...

on a second note; go av's baby

Ha. My boss kicked my ass with those fuckers...I couldn't walk for a week...

Back