Stress eating or emotional eating starting to get outta control

anzel

I just started a blast with trt,deca and dbol and of course upped my calories. Now I had some bad news about a sickness in the family and I am the only one that can help. It's an end of life situation and the shit is hitting the fan.
I don't drink or do recreational drugs. Exercise is my main stress relief. I train almost daily. I have no intentions of not working out. No matter how bad things get I have already determined at least 3 sessions a week minimum.

But at the end of the day after dinner my discipline goes out the window and even tho I'm full I begin pigging out. Every day is a challenge now. It seems to be getting worse.
I'm definitely making gains tho! But I am putting on too much fat.
I know I have to just stop but I get irritable when I try to. All the stress of the day plus the irratiblity makes me unable to be calm and patient with my dying loved one and my wife and young daughter.
I don't wanna be fat and happy.! I actually feel like shit when I binge.
Also I am sure I will be cutting my dbol out.

Any idea what I can do to stop the madness before I go over the edge of no return?
All day long my diet is tight. But at night I'm a craving lunatic. I have all the symptoms of stress eating.

break it down to snacks bro, i carry peanuts all day long and munch on them when i get a hunger rushes in between my 6 meals per day. try smaller portions of what you eat now perhaps? are you into mct oil?

There's worse things you could be doing man
Sorry to hear your in that situation man I'm sure you will get through it
And if not there's always power lifting haha if you want someone to have a chat with just pm me brother

break it down to snacks bro, i carry peanuts all day long and munch on them when i get a hunger rushes in between my 6 meals per day. try smaller portions of what you eat now perhaps? are you into mct oil?

OK I can do peanuts. I will grab almonds too.
And I have used mct oil.
But the cravings I'm getting at night go beyond being hungry. I get these cravings when I'm full. And I still want more. I can drink the whole bottle of mct.

There's worse things you could be doing man
Sorry to hear your in that situation man I'm sure you will get through it
And if not there's always power lifting haha if you want someone to have a chat with just pm me brother

That's what I keep telling myself blakey!
I could be drinking or taking pills. I'm good there though.
Sounds like power lifting it is!
49er will help me there!

But like I said above. This is beyond hunger. If u look up emotional eating it's not physical hunger but instead you eat to full an emotional hole. It is an insanely powerful feeling. I could eat a porterhouse and baked potato and want to eat a half a jar of peanut butter on pretzels. Or sweets. You want sweet salty and fat. And u know it's wrong and fucking up your deal but u do it anyway and then feel guilty after.

Here is a check list off a website. I am a yes on all counts!

Do you eat more when you***8217;re feeling stressed?
Do you eat when you***8217;re not hungry or when you***8217;re full?
Do you eat to feel better (to calm and soothe yourself when you***8217;re sad, mad, bored, anxious, etc.)?
Do you reward yourself with food?
Do you regularly eat until you***8217;ve stuffed yourself?
Does food make you feel safe? Do you feel like food is a friend?
Do you feel powerless or out of control around food?

My favorite is do you feel safe and do feel food is my friend...
I say yes to it but it's a little corny. Peanut butter doesn't make me feel like safe but what's happening is when I'm eating it i feel like all my worries are pushed away from me. I feel disengaged from all the issues.

I guess I have to dig deep and try harder and just incorporate things you all mentioned.

That's what I keep telling myself blakey!
I could be drinking or taking pills. I'm good there though.
Sounds like power lifting it is!
49er will help me there!

But like I said above. This is beyond hunger. If u look up emotional eating it's not physical hunger but instead you eat to full an emotional hole. It is an insanely powerful feeling. I could eat a porterhouse and baked potato and want to eat a half a jar of peanut butter on pretzels. Or sweets. You want sweet salty and fat. And u know it's wrong and fucking up your deal but u do it anyway and then feel guilty after.

Fair enough well if for the time being that's what it takes then at least your not sitting at a bar drinking yourself to an early grave I haven't had any personal experience with this type of eating but
Maybe up the cardio for the time being until you are feeling better and if your dropping the d Bol maybe try some cjc and ghrp2 get some growth hormone flowing to help burn some extra fat
Like I said this isn't my forte I know nothing about this subject man I'll have to give it a look on google

Here is a check list off a website. I am a yes on all counts!

Do you eat more when you***8217;re feeling stressed?
Do you eat when you***8217;re not hungry or when you***8217;re full?
Do you eat to feel better (to calm and soothe yourself when you***8217;re sad, mad, bored, anxious, etc.)?
Do you reward yourself with food?
Do you regularly eat until you***8217;ve stuffed yourself?
Does food make you feel safe? Do you feel like food is a friend?
Do you feel powerless or out of control around food?

My favorite is do you feel safe and do feel food is my friend...
I say yes to it but it's a little corny. Peanut butter doesn't make me feel like safe but what's happening is when I'm eating it i feel like all my worries are pushed away from me. I feel disengaged from all the issues.

I guess I have to dig deep and try harder and just incorporate things you all mentioned.
Lol yea I get what you mean man your basically using food as a crotch when you feel like shit
It's basically the same deal with people using alcohol and drugs
You feel sad anxious or what not and while your using whatever it may be drugs alcohol ect in your case food your not thinking about the things in your life that is causing you pain in your case someone with an illness . I get what your saying brother I've used many things as a crotch just not food you will get there man like you said the gym helps try to put the shitty feelings into something else positive yes that's easier said than done if all your eating is done at night try to do something else at that time so your not destroying the fridge
Go to learn martial arts or go lift some more I dunno man

Lol yea I get what you mean man your basically using food as a crotch when you feel like shit
It's basically the same deal with people using alcohol and drugs
You feel sad anxious or what not and while your using whatever it may be drugs alcohol ect in your case food your not thinking about the things in your life that is causing you pain in your case someone with an illness . I get what your saying brother I've used many things as a crotch just not food you will get there man like you said the gym helps try to put the shitty feelings into something else positive yes that's easier said than done if all your eating is done at night try to do something else at that time so your not destroying the fridge
Go to learn martial arts or go lift some more I dunno man

Yeah I'm basically sitting around. TV on...'ology forum up and running...and the fridge and my daughters banana protein cereal calling my name....
I just thought about it. These are all the habits linked together.
I have to go in the other room and start playing my guitar again.... that always took my mind off shit.
That and go for a walk or something.
I have to actually do something. Can't just be sitting around. Noafter how tired I am
At least till I diffuse this .

This...I used nuts, almonds and craisins.

I used to go through a pack of ancient grain crackers laced with peanut butter and Nutella.....absolutely sinful midnight snack then comes the large glass of milk to wash it all down

I used to go through a pack of ancient grain crackers laced with peanut butter and Nutella.....absolutely sinful midnight snack then comes the large glass of milk to wash it all down

That sounds amazing on my way to the grocerie store

Back