Super skinny with big love handles

jrod738776

Hey all, I'm posting this for my fiance as she is looking for some help. Below is a pic of her, the best I could find. As you can tell her legs and everything is super skinny, but she has really big fatty love handles. They look even bigger from behind because she also has a small butt, so the love handles stick out even wider than her butt and skinny legs. She thinks that trying to lose weight is the answer, but I fear she will look anorexic if she tries this. She even wants to try an EC stack to help lose weight. She's not worried about looking fit or muscular, but just wants to lose the love handles. She won't even wear any remotely tight clothes because she thinks it looks terrible. Should I try and help her lose the weight or should I try and get her to eat more and lift and add a little more muscle first to fill out, so when she loses weight she won't look anorexic or anything. Thanks for the help!

View attachment 551620

body type, nothing you can do...

some are pear shape, hour glass, well her, thats her type.... nothing you can do, just what it is.

If its fatty deposits then there is something she can do, weight train and eat better with low to moderate cardio. Body shape is due to your internal structure (the skeleton and muscle) German, love handles are made up of fat, that's just where she stores her fat which can be handled. Like always, knowing her daily activities and diet is what we'd need to know in order to help. She doesn't need an EC stack or anything in that regard, especially without trying to do it properly first.

shit eh... i didn't even know that...
I just thought that was how some girls bodies were... I use to work with a girl like that too... skinny as hell and love handles but, like no body fat... if that makes sense...

By selectively up-regulating and down-regulating certain adrenergic receptors you can actually change where your body stores fat. It's pretty neat actually :)

Hey all, I'm posting this for my fiance as she is looking for some help. Below is a pic of her, the best I could find. As you can tell her legs and everything is super skinny, but she has really big fatty love handles. They look even bigger from behind because she also has a small butt, so the love handles stick out even wider than her butt and skinny legs. She thinks that trying to lose weight is the answer, but I fear she will look anorexic if she tries this. She even wants to try an EC stack to help lose weight. She's not worried about looking fit or muscular, but just wants to lose the love handles. She won't even wear any remotely tight clothes because she thinks it looks terrible. Should I try and help her lose the weight or should I try and get her to eat more and lift and add a little more muscle first to fill out, so when she loses weight she won't look anorexic or anything. Thanks for the help!

View attachment 551620

It is possible to get rid of love handles. I was skinny and had them and was always told it was water weight. Well, I started eating clean and lifting. Soon enough, they went away. They didnt go away quick but they're gone now. It took a few months. She needs to start eating clean and lifting some weights.

Female body shape is determined by hormones. Estrogen and progesterone are the most important in regards to body shape. Read this- Female Hormones and Weight Loss | Metabolic Effect

Theoretically she could take extra female hormones and over time her body would shift its fat stores to give you more of the shape she's looking for.

That's a pretty interesting read - thanks for posting!

she looks classically insulin resistant with a touch of estrogen dominance

weight training and regulating her blood sugar would go miles with her body

Or she could try lipo and the fat cells would be removed from her abdominal region resulting in a changed proportion of fat cells in her stomach vs. other regions of her body. That way even if/when she puts back on the weight she lost from lipo the fat would go more on other parts of her body since there's less fat cells in her stomach soaking up food.

Np, glad to help :)

I still like my hormone idea, hormones fix everything ;)

lolol...they do actually....for this particular person I would put her on a particular estrogen reducer i have in mind because the body is assaulted with phyto-estrogens in our environment then work on the insulin resistance. I'd possibly toy with the idea of a progest cream to get there a little quicker, get everything optimal and to build muscle quick might consider a mild womens cycle depending on the clients desires.

lolol...they do actually....for this particular person I would put her on a particular estrogen reducer i have in mind because the body is assaulted with phyto-estrogens in our environment then work on the insulin resistance. I'd possibly toy with the idea of a progest cream to get there a little quicker, get everything optimal and to build muscle quick might consider a mild womens cycle depending on the clients desires.

I agree with you for the most part, but why the estrogen reducer? Estrogen causes the alpha adrenergic receptors in the buttocks and thighs to be up-regulated and therefore store more fat in that region and less elsewhere. The goal is to redistribute bodyfat, not get rid of it. Even if the goal was to get rid of bodyfat, estrogen is lipolytic and reduces appetite. I'm not challenging your theory, just curious as to the why.

I agree with you for the most part, but why the estrogen reducer? Estrogen causes the alpha adrenergic receptors in the buttocks and thighs to be up-regulated and therefore store more fat in that region and less elsewhere. The goal is to redistribute bodyfat, not get rid of it. Even if the goal was to get rid of bodyfat, estrogen is lipolytic and reduces appetite. I'm not challenging your theory, just curious as to the why.

I'd want bloods to back it up to be positive but I'd be willing to bet shes got estrogen spill over converting to test...a LOT of times in women test does the opposite of what you want it to do in women and causes that sort of "spare tire" weight distribution. I think getting her within normal range would help to put the fat wheres its supposed to go on women (hips-butt, thighs and breasts). The thing I have in mind is pretty mild and seems to really stop at where normal estrogen levels should be. Pre and post menopausal women use it with success.

And no I don't rep for them or have any stake in the company...matter of fact two manufacturers make a damned near identical product. Its just something I stumbled on

I'd want bloods to back it up to be positive but I'd be willing to bet shes got estrogen spill over converting to test...a LOT of times in women test does the opposite of what you want it to do in women and causes that sort of "spare tire" weight distribution. I think getting her within normal range would help to put the fat wheres its supposed to go on women (hips-butt, thighs and breasts). The thing I have in mind is pretty mild and seems to really stop at where normal estrogen levels should be. Pre and post menopausal women use it with success.

And no I don't rep for them or have any stake in the company...matter of fact two manufacturers make a damned near identical product. Its just something I stumbled on

Ummm... Sheri... There is no enzyme to convert estrogen to testosterone. A rise in estrogen can cause a temporary rise in testosterone levels, but there is no spill over from estrogen to testosterone. You might be thinking of how an excess of estrogen could elevate testosterone levels for a short time.

"If a distinct increase in serum estradiol is sustained for approximately 36 hours (1), a positive feedback becomes manifest, this promotes the excretion of GnRH resulting in LH surge that causes testosterone production to increase temporary, after that the level drops back to normal. When steady level of serum estradial is maintained, and if the level is sufficient to manifest as negative feedback, then the secretion of GnRH will be suppressed (2) , result in lower LH level which reduce testosterone production.

Reference:
1. NEURAL CONTROL OF OVULATION*Judith L. Turgeon.
2. http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/S/SexHormones.html"

The enzyme aromatase works only from T -> E, and there is no mechanism, in the body, to go from E -> T. If I am wrong, please correct me because I love to learn new things.

yeah you got me...I'm mixing it up in my head...what I was getting at was estrogen dominance in how it pertains to phyto-estrogens and androgens and mixing it around in my head with pcos

I just did a quick pubmed tour and can't find the article I'm looking for

jcem.endojournals.org/content/84/7/2443.full

heres a clip of what I was looking for

The possible consequences of altered adrenal function by dietary phytoestrogens are intriguing. Suppression of cortisol production is not likely to have a major impact, as the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis is exquisitely sensitive to cortisol negative feedback and therefore would be expected to accommodate the increased ACTH secretion to maintain glucocorticoid homeostasis. We propose that the most significant physiological effect of dietary phytoestrogens is to increase adrenal androgen (DHEA and DHEA-S) secretion as a consequence of decreased cortisol production and increased ACTH secretion. Previous studies suggested that the timing of adrenarche (when adrenal androgen production resumes at 6***8211;10 yr of age) is influenced by estrogens (36). Precocious adrenarche in girls was associated with increased estradiol levels. Those findings and our present data raise the possibility that a phytoestrogen-rich diet may cause adrenarche to occur at a younger age and possibly promote masculinization, provided that the adrenal androgens are not converted to estrogens.

Back