Syringe filter question for F Kits

projection

Hey I got a kit from researchkits.com last year sometime and I used the syringe filter for something else. Now I dont have the filter for it so I got some others but I dont think they are filtering as good because my solution is still cloudy unlike the past when I used the researchkit filters.

I included some pics, are these not fine enough for filtering?? Or are they OK?? Thanks

if it .22um, it is smaller and should filter better than what is provided with a standard f-kit. however, Roadhouse is correct, it will go slower, and shouldnt be used unless you are worried abiout staph, as .45um filters work fine.

Ok, thanks I didnt know if the number was like pins where the smaller the number the bigger the pin. I guess I was pushing too hard or something on the syringe because it seemed like it flowed through easier than the .45 ??

NO, thats what Im saying I already used the filter I got from you to filter something else. Now I have everything else from your kit just not the syringe filter so I included pictures of these others that I got. Will they work?

I guess these wont work because after filtering with one I still have cloudy, gooey binder residue or something.

Well the filter you have pictured has a PES membrane, which is only suitable for filtering aqueous (waterbased) solutions.

So it would not be good for filtering your finakit project.

Mr.T said:
Well the filter you have pictured has a PES membrane, which is only suitable for filtering aqueous (waterbased) solutions.

So it would not be good for filtering your finakit project.

Thanks T, that explains it.

Back