taking a cycle and taking fish oils?

Skinny...In a Big Way

Amatuer MMA Fighter
overheard guys in the gym talkin about a cycle... then they started talking about taking fish oil with 3-omega fatty acids, what does the fish oils do to help you when you are on cycle?

There have been numerous studies showing the benefis of fish oil, ranging from helping your HDL/LDL ratio, alomg with connective tissue benefits and immune system. Great to help maintain cardiovascular helth as well. It also will help against free radical damage and help to keep your cells health and repair quickly.

MLB56 said:
There have been numerous studies showing the benefis of fish oil, ranging from helping your HDL/LDL ratio, alomg with connective tissue benefits and immune system. Great to help maintain cardiovascular helth as well. It also will help against free radical damage and help to keep your cells health and repair quickly.

Actually quite the opposite. Fish and flaxseed oils create excess free radicals when oxidized in the body. That is why most companies include a form of vitamin E in the blend. Extra precaution should still be used. That includes storing the pills in the fridge to prevent excess oxidation, as well as extra supplementation with vitamin E. I use the stuff but only on off days. It is a strong anti-inflammatory. And inflamation is a vital part of bodybuilding. Hampering it will only hamper your gains. To what extent is debatable, but doctors don't argue otherwise.

Cold pressed hemp seed oil IMO has a better omega ratio and no fishy smell... It's from canada and can be found in health food stores.

cryptkeeper said:
so bleach, youre saying stay away from flax or both?

I wouldn't suggest staying away altogether. Personally I buy fish oil, keep it in the fridge, take it with vitamin E, and only on off days. For me that works bc these days with work I only hit the gym every other day. Studies show benefit from one serving of fatty fish a week so I think the benefits will still be present without taking it every day as suggested. It's still a debatable topic and we don't know the whole story yet. But for the time being that is the protocol I've developed after looking over the articles and discussing it with my doctor.

i workout 5 days a week, so maybe ill take my 6 gr daily on my days off too and see what becomes of it, so 12 gr a week instead of 42gr. thanks man

Back