Taking Steroids At A Young Age?

way to ask a question having already formed an opinion then ignore all of the geniune responses people took time to write and "come to" your same conclusion in spite of t all.

there is no right way for a young kid to take steroids.
No one has provided any evidence that the cause of their problems was being young. The things people have said makes me think that misusing it was their problem. I don't really care if someone thinks it's bad to take them young. I want to see the evidence and form my own opinion.

i love you young guys and all your concerns with 'evidence' and studies....

I hate to tell you but for every study that says one thing i can find you ten that says the opposite. Real world experience is what makes the difference and what this board is all about. Studies are fine for reference, but there is no cookie cutter plan for everyone, same as with dieting and training.

but as ez said, and like most newbs, you already had an idea in your head and are just looking for validation to concur with your ignorance.

Good luck.

No one has provided any evidence that the cause of their problems was being young. The things people have said makes me think that misusing it was their problem. I don't really care if someone thinks it's bad to take them young. I want to see the evidence and form my own opinion.

honestly, i think that is bullshit. you are looking for evidence to support your opinion, or a lack of "evidence" to go against it.

a few different people made posts talking about what they feel taking steroids from too young an age has cost them.

i don't know anything about you, dunno how old you are or aren't, etc., but to me you sound like another young guy wanting to justify his desire to use steroids to accomplish things he hasn't figured out how to do without them.

rj's point comes into play very much as well. the way i see i there are 2 sides to why it is stupid for young people to take steroids.

1. the potential long term negative health effects.

2. the effects it will have on your ability to develop the proper lifestyle to achieve your goals.

looking at the 1st part.

if you want scientific studies, you're right, they may be hard to find. but listen to what glub said.... he's surrounded by people who are not healthy, but by any other reason, SHOULD be. he's not an old guy. and he's a professional athlete..... did they poke and prod him for "studies" while he was doing that stuff at a younger age? probably not. does that mean his insight is worthless? if you think so you're retarded (not saying you think so.)

there are a lot of facts... things we KNOW.... many health and wellness issues can be attributed to hormonal and chemical imbalances in our bodies.

our body is still developing, with a stress on the role and production of hormones and some of those same chemicals, until well into our 20's.

prolonged use of testosterone (even at low doses like many "accepted" hrt/trt doses) can cause permanent and irreversible damage to natural thyroid production.

go look up some of the negative sides associated with that. you want to start this shit NOW?

look at nature.... anything that is fucked with during the developmental stage tends to get fucked up worse than when fucked with in the same way post-development.

you think humans and hormones are some magical exception? unlikely. sure, i don't have a study, but i don't need one to know that it is logical to assume you would be more likely to do PERMANENT damage to natural hormone production if you surpress it while it is still developing.

and why? because you can't do it naturally. that's the bottom line. and that isn't genetics. that isn't physical limitations.... that is the person's INABILITY to do it RIGHT.

you're position is pretty clear on this.... it is very misguided, and pretty immature imho. i hope you'll REALLY research this stuff and reconsider, not just look around for stuff that suits your case so you can feel justified in what you're doing.

and the 2nd part.... going back to what RJ said, and what i was touching on in the latter part of what is becoming a long fuck'n post.... developing the proper habits. someone who is 18 and feels they can't gain without gear is plain and simple not doing it right.

but if they jump on gear, now they have a crutch. they never even learned how to walk on 2 legs and they're grabbing for crutches. that person will never walk normally. what are the odds that person is going to end up being on way too much gear for way too long (relying on the gear to make/keep gains?) i don't need a study on that.... common fuck'n sense.

and the biggest part of all.... there is NO NEED FOR GEAR at that age. not only are people at that age FAR FAR away from their potential genetic limits, but you have more than enough test flowing already to promote the kind of muscle growth a lot of people see on cycles.

it is just so ridiculous it isn't even funny. but young guys never see that.

like i said, i don't know you. hopefully i'm wrong too.

i love you young guys and all your concerns with 'evidence' and studies....

I hate to tell you but for every study that says one thing i can find you ten that says the opposite. Real world experience is what makes the difference and what this board is all about. Studies are fine for reference, but there is no cookie cutter plan for everyone, same as with dieting and training.

but as ez said, and like most newbs, you already had an idea in your head and are just looking for validation to concur with your ignorance.

Good luck.
I'm not looking for validation. I'm looking for people to give me detailed information. It would be great if people who used steroids young could the cycles they ran, the age they were and what side affects they got (and why they think the side affects were caused by being young). I'm trying to form an idea of what age it is safe for me to take steroids. Or would you prefer if I just start taking them at the age that you say to, without trying to understand the reasoning behind it?

I'm not really sure why you seem to be angry at me for asking questions and trying to get more information. If you're angry at me then what do you think of the people in this topic that have actually admitted to taking steroids at a young age?

I'm not looking for validation. I'm looking for people to give me detailed information. It would be great if people who used steroids young could the cycles they ran, the age they were and what side affects they got (and why they think the side affects were caused by being young). I'm trying to form an idea of what age it is safe for me to take steroids. Or would you prefer if I just start taking them at the age that you say to, without trying to understand the reasoning behind it?

I'm not really sure why you seem to be angry at me for asking questions and trying to get more information. If you're angry at me then what do you think of the people in this topic that have actually admitted to taking steroids at a young age?

this is the internet, i don't get angry and take nothing personally.

but its irratating when newbs come here and ask questions, get answers, and because its not what they want to hear, they continue to asks the same shit over and over when the answer they want is not what they are gonna get.

here's the deal, I'm not reciting all of what was already said.

you're young and wanna get bigger. You think you need drugs. you don't. The reason you don't is because you have no idea how to get bigger the right way. I didn't say naturally, i said the right way. foret about growth plates closing, forget about natty test levels when you're young. It all boils down to not knowing how to gain muscle the right way NOW.

Once you start taking steroids its that much harder to keep gains that when you are natural. Don't believe me, look at every douchebag at the gym who juices, gains a shit ton of weight (which you think is muscle) and then 3 months later he is small again. He will tell you he got sick, or had bad gear, or whatever.

you know why that is/ Because he has no idea how to gain the RIGHT way. Proper nutrition coupled with hardcore training and plenty of rest.

That is what makes you grow. Drugs are just a tool to help you get bigger once you have learned how to grow the RIGHT way.

Everyone who has posted in this thread acts like anyone who is in their early twenties has no clue how to workout or make gains.

I think all the dude is wondering is why should he wait even if he already has a very solid physique and great understanding of growing naturally.

There are obviously tons of kids who will jump on cycle, blow up a little, then lose it all cuz of lack of knowledge. But then there are also a handful of guys who are very young but have already pushed the sport a long way and understand how to make and maintain natural gains. I'm sure Steve Kuclo started cycling around 20 yrs old and he's on the verge of going pro. He had the genetics and knowledge obviously, but I doubt he'd be where he is now if he solely relied on those "insane natural test levels".

I know everyone says young guys have these ridiculous test levels. People always say things like, you would be huge if you knew how to eat, ur test is through the roof. But if that much insane growth was possible on those levels, there would never be a need for anyone to use more than what a college age male would naturally produce.

I don't know the average test levels of a college age male, but what I'm saying is, you never see anyone cycling 100 mg of test a week to make gains cuz thats what they produced when they were 21.

You dont need anyones permission to use gear, and you dont have to justify it to anyone here. One of the biggest reasons why we use sites like this is to learn how to do things safely. Everyone here wants everyone else to succeed but they also want you to be alive and well to enjoy it.

Everyone who has posted in this thread acts like anyone who is in their early twenties has no clue how to workout or make gains.

I think all the dude is wondering is why should he wait even if he already has a very solid physique and great understanding of growing naturally.

There are obviously tons of kids who will jump on cycle, blow up a little, then lose it all cuz of lack of knowledge. But then there are also a handful of guys who are very young but have already pushed the sport a long way and understand how to make and maintain natural gains. I'm sure Steve Kuclo started cycling around 20 yrs old and he's on the verge of going pro. He had the genetics and knowledge obviously, but I doubt he'd be where he is now if he solely relied on those "insane natural test levels".

I know everyone says young guys have these ridiculous test levels. People always say things like, you would be huge if you knew how to eat, ur test is through the roof. But if that much insane growth was possible on those levels, there would never be a need for anyone to use more than what a college age male would naturally produce.

I don't know the average test levels of a college age male, but what I'm saying is, you never see anyone cycling 100 mg of test a week to make gains cuz thats what they produced when they were 21.

do you know the percentage of guys who will actually make it to the pro ranks? less than 1%.

even so, your post is useless as I'm not saying you shouldn't do them strictly because of your age, I'm saying you shouldn't do them when you are young because you don't have the knowledge and maturity to grow naturally THE RIGHT WAY.

There are always be exceptions to the rule, but thats what they are, exceptions. You can't generalize because most young guys don't know how to train and eat the right way. they just end up yo-yo-ing up and down and fucking up their endocrine system and then have to rely on steroids to make/keep gains. If you know how to make/keeps without the use of juice, you don't have that problem.

Yes, we can say nothing here to change anyone's mind, but what should we do, say "go ahead guy, do a bunch of juice, don't worry about the consequences!"? No, thats the point of this whole board.

if he wants to use, he will use. but consequences don't always mean health concerns. People need to know all the answers, not just the ones that get parroted over and over again by some punk who doesn't know shit but has been on some steroid board for years and has high rep power.

Experience means something. That's why studies don't mean shit 9/10 times.

Alright man check it out. I did steroids when i was 18. I did my reaserch, ate well, drank protien, had oils. proper post cycle therapy (pct) good workout plan in the gym. i can still say i dont think i did anything wrong. guess what. today it takes me longer to piss. i cant fuck as much as i used to and at times i have some trouble getting it up. you think it takes a long time for these side affects to happen? nope guess what i turn 21 next month and i already have these issues. cant wait to see whats in store for me when im 40. dont be a dumb ass and take them too early.

The truth is your development is based on genetics. what age do men in your family stop growing at and even after your done getting taller. your body is developing. you may not notice it at first but your face and phisical features can all still be changing. and even after thats done your body is still developing internally. you can seriously fuck up your chemical imbalance.

A normal age for a man to stop growing is about 21-22 but in some casess men dont stop growing until there 25. Like i said this goes back to genetics.... Just a side note they say steroids stunt your growth i beleive thats true too. I am the first male in my family on both my mother and fathers side that has not broken 6'1". When the shortest person in my family was my uncle on my mothers who measures in and a solid 6'4".

What else do you want to hear on top of this and all the other posts telling you how bad it is at a young age?

I learned my lesson the hard way. You dont have to

I've seen many posts saying that young people should not take steroids (the sticky at the top says you should be at least 24-25), but never seen the reasoning behind it. Other than stunting growth, are there any additional side effects that occur in young steroid users but not older users? Are some steroids more harmful than others for young users?

The problem is that there is little research in this area due to the ethics of testing steroids on young people. This is why I've come and asked here really.

One argument I've heard against young people using steroids is that their testosterone levels are naturally high and they should take advantage of it. That's not actually a valid argument against it, because it's just like saying "What's the point of buying a car at 20? You're physically at your best, take advantage of it by running everywhere". Sure I could run everywhere but it's slow and painful.

Everyone is different. It could be safe for one person to take steroids at 21 but not safe for another person. I've never seen anyone talk about how to determine when it's safe to take steroids and instead just say a seemingly arbitrary age that everyone should be before starting.

I'm just looking for more information about this topic, not looking for "idiot, you're far too young to be taking steroids" posts.

idk how old you are man but if your under 21 i'd say until your at least 21, coming from some one who did use them at a very young age 16-17 i started working out at age 12. in past 4 years since the first cycle i have done 11 cycles all together no longer than a month each. i used every cycle correctly with proper pct, cycle support, diet, proper rest, proper dosage and i learned how to control the aggression.
i did my research on the side effects of everything and how to use them the safest way, idk if i was just lucky or that using at a young age could be safe if done correctly its a 50/50 risk i guess. needless to say i didn't have stunted growth i continued to grow though out the years, no other problems what soo ever, had blood work done, have had an ekg to check my heart everything is normal. i guess its just risking alot and usually not worth it. to be quite honest even with no health problems so far now i think back and i think i should i should of waited untill i was atleast 21 to start a cycle, i would of gained even more even though i made great gains going to 215 with 7% body fat at 6'2 but iam a bit paranoid to do anymore cycles because i know the risk is there though i dont regret it because i loved the feeling they gave me in the gym and my confidence was just amazing and so was my body, i just loved it. it is addicting in a way, my advice though is to wait untill your at least 21 if your aren't already as the risks are there!! especially if you dont know how to use them properly. if you are 21 and have been lifting for a few years to the point that you know what works for your body and what doesn't. do good research on what ever your thinking of taking know the exact side effects and how to protect yourself, start off with something that is mild and make your way up, so you know how your body reacts to the chemicals. lift hard, diet right, rest, and stay safe.
i know people who have taken them when i started as well or 21, unfortunately "i know a lot of people" it seems like most of the time all the advice i have gave them goes down the drain because people don't listen when it comes to doing it the safe way all they care about is how there body is transforming they want more and more, i understand completely how being mature is important in this.

Last edited:
I am on both sides of the fence with this argument. I believe everyone who has states reasons AGAINST steroids at a young age are very accurate and informative, however, I am also teetering towards steroid usage at a young age IF and only IF proper knowledge and safety precautions are used beforehand. So long as the individual taking the steroids is between 20-25 who have been working out extensively and who have adopted the right skills to grow naturally. I'm referring to one who has the ability and the knowledge and that has ALREADY grown without AAS.

Based on personal experience, I am 22 years old, Have already bought all my gear, but before I administer any products, that are foreign to my body, I am making sure I am fully prepared for the consequences and have done the research.

I've been working out continually since I was about 15-16 years old. I've gone from 135lbs (Ectomorph) to 185lbs naturally by following a solid bulking diet and manipulating my training schedule frequently. I've done countless hours of research on nutrition and bodybuilding, that I could almost write a thesis on the effects of nutrition and male mass gain.

I have considered waiting a few more years before proceeding with gear but I already ordered my gear and don't feel safe selling it.

But anyways what I'm trying to say is, if you have done your research, have been Bodybuilding, not just WORKING OUT, for 5+ years. Have gained weight naturally (30+lbs of muscle by following a strict diet for several years) and know all about common nutrition terms such as: Carb cycling, Protein synthesis, Dietary fats, Macro/Micronutrients, importance of fish oils/omega's, +500 Cal surplus, -500 Cal deficit, Water intake, Meal frequency, Meal timing+Portion sizes, Body types, Agreeable Foods, Complex Carbs/Fibrous Cabrs/Simple carbs, The list goes on.. The point is, you must know all of these things and be willing to train INSANELY HARD and be dialled in nutritionally before you commence your first cycle.

Knowledge=Power

Be Safe. Listen to VET members. They know how it is, they've been through it. If you think you're ready, Do it.

Do we really need to go much in details about this?? I mean look at Arnold...He took roids well before age of 18 and he is fine xD
Look at Jay Cutler. He started when he was 16 and now he is in Mr. Olympia.. I have buddy who started juicing since the freshman year of high school for football, and only thing he regrets is he should've started younger..

Bottom line is, as long as you have proper knownledge on juice, Aromatase inhibitor (AI), Serm, nutrition, you wont have problem, regardless of age. You can juice at old age, and without proper knownledge, you can get fucked big time. :p

Do we really need to go much in details about this?? I mean look at Arnold...He took roids well before age of 18 and he won MR. fucking universe at age of 19, and he is fine xD
Look at Jay Cutler. He started when he was 16 and now he is in Mr. Olympia.. I have buddy who started juicing since the freshman year of high school for football, and only thing he regrets is he should've started younger..

Bottom line is, as long as you have proper knownledge on juice, Aromatase inhibitor (AI), Serm, nutrition, you wont have problem, regardless of age. You can juice at old age, and without proper knownledge, you can get fucked big time. :p

Do we really need to go much in details about this?? I mean look at Arnold...He took roids well before age of 18 and he won MR. fucking universe at age of 19, and he is fine xD

Oh my, the inexperience is radiating from your post :wavey:

Do we really need to go much in details about this?? I mean look at Arnold...He took roids well before age of 18 and he is fine xD

^^^ NO.

Not sure about Cutler but I know Arnold was all natty until his later years.

Anyways, a story from my personal experience. I was a wrestler/tight end throughout my middle school and high school years and by the time I was 16 I was 5"11 and 172lbs at 7.5-8.0 % BF and had been lifting for over 4 years already with my dad (old marine out of the corp). POINT, I was in relatively good shape until when I was 17 I had my right lung collapse due to a tumor in my right upper lobe that I was born with. Post recovery was harsh, lost a good amount of muscle tissue due to surgery along with my appetite and then was unable to lift for 5 months. Went from 180 lbs 9.0% to 145lbs 15%. Slowly but surely I started out with just cardio for a month then started hitting the weights again. I dedicated myself to gaining back the weight, even if I was a high bf% by the time I was done, and sure enough by the time I was about to turn 19 I did. 180lbs 15%. The point of this lame ass long post, stop being lazy and thinking that AAS is going to make you "bigger or badder" because they're not. You're young, it's as easy as eating,lifting and sleeping. Drop the gear for now, you don't need it.

I really did not take the time to read all the posts but I will take some time to give you my perception. I started when I was about 23 but that was for one small cycle before really going on ON when I was 25. I had about 5 plus years of training naturally before I started. The only thing about starting at a young age is that you are staring at a young age. haha.. If you are in your early 20's the stunting factor is probably not a concern anymore. I always recommend training naturally do develop a good base first because you have pushed through most of your plateus where you can take advantage of a higher hormone level. Just know then when you take exogenous hormones you will shut down your natural production. Just accept the possibilities that they may never return to normal again. There is really not much more to say on the age factor. I really do think if you are 16-19ish it is still really young. You need to give your body time to mature. You would be surprised at how much you can gain off your normal hormone level and good training and nutrition. Many gear up too soon. Remember there are side effects. So if you start early you can get those earlier too.. ei hair loss... all depends on you...

As a fellow noob trying to learn and decide if this is a path I should take, these guys are saying:

They did gear young - in their experience, they should have waited to do it RIGHT. Until you have a solid foundation of years of lifting, are ~25 (finished with your natural state of puberty), a solid diet routine, and are emotionally stable - then you can start considering.

There is only one person I know (I am 25) who uses gear - an amateur bodybuilder ~21 years old who made the decision to compete young and in it for the long haul.

Last edited:
Back