Test P + EQ advice needed

earthling

Hi everyone,
It's my very first post, but not my first time on this forum. been reading here and there and getting information from all your experience and expertise, and I'd like to have your opinion on the following:

Stats
Height: 5'10
Weight: 230lbs @ 16~18% BF
Training experience: Well over 10 years
cycle: Two Var only cycles (no hate please! it was probably too mild had no impact on libido)

So my plan is to run the following:
- Test P W1-8 100mgs EOD (400mg/week)
- Equipoise W1-8 400mg OR 600mg a week (200mg 2/week or 200mg 3/week. need advice here)
- Anavar either W1-6 or W3-8 60mg ED (need advice here)
- Arimidex W1-8 0.5mg EOD

I have limited the cycle to 8 weeks for a reason. It's my first cycle and I'd like to see how things are, and ensure control over any undesirable sides that might occur. I have also included short ester Test P in order to have this kind of control, and it will make me feel more comfortable to be able to start my PCT right on the 3rd day after the last Test P shot (except for a concern on EQ that I'm highlighting below)

Precycle blood work is done. I plan on doing blood work again on W5~6, and another one 3 weeks after my PCT

PCT
- Starts 3 days after the last Test Prop shot
- Clomid 100/50/50/50
- nolva 40/40/20/20

Now my questions are (and please bear with me, I'm here to learn from your experience):
- Is running adex 0.5mg EOD too much? Should I lower the dose to 0.25?
- Given my current stats, what should be my Equipoise dose?
- Initially, I was thinking of having Winstrol , since my target is cutting/lean gains. Then I have decided to change it to Anavar because of the undesirable effects on joints I kept hearing from Winstrol users. What are your thoughts on that? (I'm not concerned about the money spent on Anavar, and I know it's legit)
- If i'm to run Anavar, is 60mg per day enough? Since I planned it for 6 weeks, is it a good idea to start with Var, or end the cycle with it?
- Last but not least, I have seen sample cycles on here with Equipoise running until the very last week, and PCT starts on the 3rd day after the Test P. However, after reading on Equipoise, it seemed to be a long ester. I'm not quite sure if I can start the PCT on the 3rd day, or I should delay it further?

Thanks!

First cycle should only have testosterone so you can manage the unwanted sides. Adding EQ introduces a lot of additional complications and variables. Learn how your body responds to test first and learn how to manage the sides caused by test before adding another compound.

Thanks for the valuable feedback. I will probably consider removing EQ and stick to test P. The reason why I'm sticking to short ester and have to endure pinning EOD is for the same purpose you just mentioned, have the ability to quickly manage any undesirable sides.

What about adding some Var on the last 6 weeks, after I have experienced Test P for 2 weeks already and are able to tell if I can go further? I have already had experience with Var and it was good

Do you think I should perhaps extend the cycle to 10 weeks rather than just 8 if I'm running Test P only?

Also any critique on the PCT?

Thanks for all the replies. After reading some more I think running EQ with test P is not a wise decision (short vs long esters). So for now, I think I will stick with the following:

- Test P 100mg EOD W1-8
- Anavar 50-70mg ED W3-8
- Arimidex 0.5 EOD W1-8 (or do you think I should drop it to 0.25EOD? Also should I run it right from the start or half way through?)

PCT
- Starts 3 days after the last Test P shot
- Clomid 100/50/50/50
- nolva 40/40/20/20

I might consider running the Test P for longer period of time (might extend it to 10 weeks depending on how things are with the mid cycle blood work).

Just a couple of questions:
- Is it better to maintain 50mg of Anavar for 6 weeks? or up the dose to 60~70?
- For running Test P at 100mg EOD, I will end up having 4 & 3 shots alternating every week. Is it wise to take a shot two days in a row by the end of each week to ensure that I get 4 shots precisely every week?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yep, eq is worthless unless ran for 14-16 weeks. Stick to test only your first cycle, you need need anything else. Keep it simple.

Thanks. How about adding anavar half way through if things feel good? Also is it better if I use HCG during the cycle ?

Thanks. How about adding anavar half way through if things feel good? Also is it better if I use HCG during the cycle ?

No var, you won't need it. You have the rest of your life to mix different things in. Absolutely use hcg during this cycle up until 3 days before you start pct.

Back