Testosterone Cypionate First Cycle

Running Test Cypionate for 12 weeks. This will be my first cycle. My goal is primarily strength based but the added size will be nice too. Open to any suggestions, I've done research before starting.

Gear: Test C, Aromasin, Nolva, HCG

Week 1: Front load Test C 1200mg
Week 2-12: 600mg every week (thinking about pinning every 4th day for more steady blood levels, 300mg pin)
Week 1-12: 10mg Aromasin every 3 or 4th day. Adjusted accordingly based on joints/lethargy)
Week 1-12: HCG 2x a week 250IU per pin
Stopping HCG 2 weeks before PCT (Read that I need 3 or so half lives are needed to produce natural LH again)

PCT: 18 days after last Test pin I will use Nolva for 4 weeks 40/40/20/20.

Stats:
Training: Conjugate by Westside BB. Been lifting 5 years.

5'8" bf% somewhere like 14%
203lbs
Bench: 315
Squat: Low box 360
Deadlift: 440

Hopefully I'll keep a lot of gains!!!. I'll be posting about progress wish me luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
how old are you??

dont frontload your test.. its going to be hell controlling estrogen.. you really dont need it!!!! trust me i speak from experience!!!!!

you need clomid in pct 50mg ed

i personally would run hcg till the week of pct

the cycle is a good setup with the exception of what i said above

what are your gold with this cycle??

whats your diet going to look like?

5'8 203 and 14% is big.. im guessing youre estimating your bodyfat correct???

I LITERALLY just picked up my gear haha. But I've read some good things on front loaded to be honest, and I'd really like to have the blood levels of week 6 in week 1. I'm 20 years old, yes I was referring bodyfat. But the estrogen I'm not worried about I have lots of 25mg tab aromasin on hand.... shouldn't that kill the estrogen?

Diet should be the first thing your worried about. You're going about this all wrong. Try listening to people on the forums, and answering the questions asked of you - or don't seek advice at all.

At 203 lbs and 5'8"... your 3K calories isn't going to give you massive gains .... you'll need to up your calories, so again, it should be the first thing you worry about.

As you were asked already, what's your goal with this cycle?

Last edited:
I LITERALLY just picked up my gear haha. But I've read some good things on front loaded to be honest, and I'd really like to have the blood levels of week 6 in week 1. I'm 20 years old, yes I was referring bodyfat. But the estrogen I'm not worried about I have lots of 25mg tab aromasin on hand.... shouldn't that kill the estrogen?

You don't want to "kill" your estrogen, never done it but from what I've heard it really sucks. The point is to try and keep it within the normal range. What 3j is saying is that front loading will give you unstable test levels, therefore unstable estrogen levels making them hard to control. Aromasin isn't a multivitamin you can't just take it and think you're good, or base it off joints and lethargy, you have to adjust it based on estrogen levels. Which leads me to the question are you planning on getting blood work done before and during your cycle? Also how the hell do you plan on splitting 25mg tabs into 10mg doses? Is there a reason you aren't using clomid in your PCT?

Last edited:
From what I've read from forums and other sources, Nolva was good for pct. I can still get my hands on clomid, although I've been lead to believe that I can still recover with nolva. I should be more careful of what I say because I know that aromasin is a suicide inhibitor, and takes care of the enzyme that converts, which is what I meant by "kill" estrogen (I know dumb). I am aware that I still need estrogen for gains and other healthy processes. But I am willing to take the risk on front loading sorry if that upsets anyone. For the 25mg tabs, I can easily split them in half and get 12.5 which I could just take that as well. I didn't plan on getting blood work done to be honest. Thanks for all your guys' input

front loading can make you feel pretty bad and if it is your first cycle you dont know how you are going to react to that much stuff.
Unless you are a proBB with years on gear you should not need that much.

Thank you guys for looking out, it's much appreciated although I have made the decision to do it. I'll post how I feel in the next week. And just in case anyone is curious about front loading here is the logic behind it. Credit goes to UMFan.Testosterone Cypionate's half-life is 8 days (Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses 9th Ed.)

For simplicity, let's assume a dosage of 500mg Test Cyp pinned every 8 days
Day 1 - 500mg (remember that the bioavailability at this point is 0 because it takes 8 days to metabolize 250mg, and this will be true for every dose that follows)

Day 9 - 500mg (remember what was stated on day 1), so at this point you have 250mg remaining in the body from day 1 because your body has used 250mg over the past 8 days)

Day 17 - 500mg, at this point you have 250 from Day 9 and 125 from day 1 (don't confuse yourself here, the body does not process 250mg every 8 days, it simply reduces the remaining by half every 8 days)

Day 25 - 500mg, at this point you have 250mg from Day 17, 125 from Day 9, and now just 62.5 remaining from day 1

Day 33 - 500mg, at this point you have 250mg from Day 25, 125 from Day 17, 62.5 from Day 9, and 31.7 from day 1.

The easy way to keep going on with this formula is to take the smallest number (31.7 in this case) and reduce it by half, then add it to your existing numbers for the total, and then repeat.

The total looks like this:
The first 8 days your body will metabolize 250mg
The second 8 days your body will metabolize half of the remaining 250 (125) and half of the 500 (250) administered on day 9 for a total of 375.
The third 8 days your body will metabolize 250, 125, and 62.5 for a total of 437.5. This is one reason it takes a couple of weeks to start noticing the effects of this drug.
To keep figuring out the bioavailability just keep reducing your smallest number by half and adding it to the total as described earlier.

Here is a chart demonstrating the bioavailability and how long it takes to even reach that 500mg per 8 day mark. For this demonstration we will use 8 days for 1 wk.
Wk 1 - 250mg
Wk 2 - 375mg
Wk 3 - 437.5mg
Wk 4 - 469.2mg
Wk 5 - 485mg
Wk 6 - 492.9mg
Wk 7 - 496.8mg
Wk 8 - 498.7mg
And so on.

So what does all this mean? Well for one it brings up a very important issue of frontloading. To frontload, you simply double your weekly dose just for that first week. It would look like this:
Wk 1 - 1000mg Cyp
Wk 2 - 500mg Cyp
Wk 3 - 500mg Cyp
And continue on at the normal 500mg/wk

The way this works is simple, during week 1 your body will metabolize 500mg of the first dose leaving you with 500 remaining. The second week your body will metabolize 250mg from the first dose and also 250 from the second dose for a total of 500. Now do you see how beneficial frontloading really is? You will stay constant at 500mg/wk throughout your cycle instead of tapering up by not frontloading.

Last edited:
I am not going to say the science is wrong, but let me tell you test flu blows and 1200 mgs would shut a person down immediately if it is their first rodeo. And for the record, many experienced and newbies get great results from 200 mg every 5 days.

Alright, I have decided that I will go with 500mg a week. That's nothing crazy. I've done two prohormone cycles before, I know this time it's different but I'm not BRAND NEW to androgrens. Never doing those again haha. Hcg should help with the endo test suppression. I was going to suppressed later on regardless of the initial front load. Also aspirating and using sterile methods to prevent flu

Last edited:
Test flu is not from an infection, at least it wasnt for me. It was from "too much too soon" and the immune response treated it like foreign body attacking the system. It was night sweats, fever and flu like feeling.

Another question: I have a glass amp for hcg. So what do I do to store the left over hcg that I have? I wish I would have received a regular rubber stopper vial -_-

Running Test Cypionate for 12 weeks. This will be my first cycle. My goal is primarily strength based but the added size will be nice too. Open to any suggestions, I've done research before starting.

Gear: Test C, Aromasin, Nolva, HCG

Week 1: Front load Test C 1200mg
Week 2-12: 600mg every week (thinking about pinning every 4th day for more steady blood levels, 300mg pin)
Week 1-12: 10mg Aromasin every 3 or 4th day. Adjusted accordingly based on joints/lethargy)
Week 1-12: HCG 2x a week 250IU per pin
Stopping HCG 2 weeks before PCT (Read that I need 3 or so half lives are needed to produce natural LH again)

PCT: 18 days after last Test pin I will use Nolva for 4 weeks 40/40/20/20.

Stats:
Training: Conjugate by Westside BB. Been lifting 5 years.

5'8" bf% somewhere like 14%
203lbs
Bench: 315
Squat: Low box 360
Deadlift: 440

Hopefully I'll keep a lot of gains!!!. I'll be posting about progress wish me luck!

Eat a lot of food too.

Back