Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and PCT

silversurfer116

TRT and PCT

Is a post cycle therapy (pct) necessary for 200 mg of test cyp weekly for a 12 week cycle? Any feedback is greatly appreciated

well if your on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) its for life so you wont need any PCT.

if your doing just a 12 week cycle and stop then you will need post cycle therapy (pct) because 200mg a week will for sure shut down your natural T production.

I'm curious--what did a 200mg/week testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) cycle do for you?

I am also on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), but the Dr only "recommends" 200 every other week. I did 200 a week for 12 weeks and made great gains in lean muscle and fat loss...and strenght really shot up..im 44 btw.

well if your on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) its for life so you wont need any post cycle therapy (pct).

if your doing just a 12 week cycle and stop then you will need post cycle therapy (pct) because 200mg a week will for sure shut down your natural T production.

What if you would normally take 200 every other week as your testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), if you do a 12week "cycle "of say 200 per week...then back to 200 every other week, would you need post cycle therapy (pct) after your 12 week cycle?

What if you would normally take 200 every other week as your testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), if you do a 12week "cycle "of say 200 per week...then back to 200 every other week, would you need post cycle therapy (pct) after your 12 week cycle?

Good info on the gains from 200mg/wk! From what I have read, everything seems to point in the direction that exogonous test, in practically any amount, will shut you down, so if you go back to even a reduced TRT-level protocol, you probably wouldn't restart. All this is just from what I have read here, so I am saying up front that I have no personal experience to substantiate these assertions.

Do you actually inject only every other week? Is there any way you can do more frequent but smaller doses?

You go on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) because you're natural production is already effectively shut down! So doing a post cycle therapy (pct) is pointless. If you want to talk cycling that is a different story and there are great forums on this board for learning all about them.

From what I have read, everything seems to point in the direction that exogonous test, in practically any amount, will shut you down,

Found this info on test:

With regard to inhibition of the hypothalamic/pituitary/testicular axis (HPTA), 200 mg/week of injected testosterone is approximately 2/3 to 3./4 suppressive, while 100 mg/week is about 50% suppressive.

But as MT said, if you are on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), there is little hope of regaining normal natural production. testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is an ongoing treatment, not a one-and-done cure.

Back