The Arnold workout.

laxmel2

I'm kind of a big deal...
I got this workout from "the new encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding"
in the book its called "level II basic training".

all sets are as follows unless otherwise specified.
set 1: warm up 15 reps, light weight
set 2: 10 reps
set 3: 8 reps
set 4: 6 reps (power set)
set 5: 6 reps (forced w/ help, optional)
*weight increased every set except on optional 5th.

The Split. workout 6 days a week.

Workout #1: Mon/Wed/Fri
Chest: bench press, incline press, pullovers
Back: chin ups (as many sets to equal 30 reps), bentover rows, Dead lift (powerlift) 3 sest of 8,6,4 reps, weight increase every set.
Thighs: squats, lunges, leg curls
calves: standing raises 5 sets of 15
Abs everyday

Workout #2: Tue/Thur/Sat
Shoulders: barbell clean and press, dumbbell lat raise, heavy upright rows (powerlift) 3 sets 8,6,4 reps, weight increase every set. push press (power lift) 3 sets 8,6,4 same as above
Lowerback: Stright leg Dead lifts (powerlift), good mornings (powerlift)
Arms: barbell curls, hammer curls, close grip bench, dumbbell standing skullcrusher.
Forearms: wrist curls, reverse wrist curls.
Abs everyday

let me know what you think.

Don't use a workout that you get out of a book.

If you post some stats (height, weight, bf%) and some numbers (how much you bench, deadlift, squat) then some guys or gals on here and make you up a program much better than a cookie cutter program from a magazine, book, etc.

I say you try it for 1 week and then report back to us . . .

thats what i was thinkin it looks way to intensive, and there no rest time. one day a week, no way.

Easto, i did'nt want to post because i have alot of work to do, but i know it will help. im 5'9'' 165 with 8%. and i turn 21 on the 25th. as soon as i do a max day ill let you know my max's. right now im doing a chest/tri, back/bi, leg/shoulder.

Last edited:
Arnold was a freak, with bizarre genetics and a truckload of gear. Even if he used a work out like this, chances are it's not going to work for 99.9% of the BB population.

More than likely you are going to end up with an injury or just flat fatigued from overtraining. You got to take into account that 30 years ago the idea of "more" was better.

arnold's a racist too..
arnie had a knee surgery....
if you're a champion, it's fun to throw shit at people and laugh at how they enjoy it..^^;

Back