The Bulking Primer - Lean Mass Outline & Sample Diet

im looking 2 put on 14lb of muscle ,im 27yr old guy 11 an haf stone ,get up at 9 o clock an work as a plasterer an go 2 bed at 11,eat three meals a day any tips ,might b going on the roids any advise

best thread eva thx bro very helpful no i know why i stopped gaining wheight for last months i just had not enough cals
this will help me get bigger

THX THX THX ***** Big-T *****

im looking 2 put on 14lb of muscle ,im 27yr old guy 11 an haf stone ,get up at 9 o clock an work as a plasterer an go 2 bed at 11,eat three meals a day any tips ,might b going on the roids any advise

My advice is dont touch the gear until you get diet sorted. (you need to eat right before you can gain muscle steroids dont do this for you)
At 11 stone theres still loads of growing you can do, Once your diet is in check you'll see how much you can gain natty.

Great Read BTW.

I know this an old post but i am reading it for the first time, been looking around for that "perfect" diet lately! I'm just wondering what some of your thoughts are on this, as far as the numbers go. Wouldn't 3g of protein/lb LBM be too much, wouldn't much of that just go to waste? I was always under the impression that going over 2g/lb was really not necessary and wouldn't be used anyway.

Wouldn't it make more sense to stay more around 1.5, 2g at most and have carbs more around 2-3g when bulking? Even if concerned about carb intake wouldn't it be more beneficial to just up good fats and lower carbs, still keeping protein no higher then 2g/lb?

Again I just wanted to get some feed back on this from some of the "pros" on here! I have been really putting a lot of time in lately playing around with diets, especially for bulking lean and it seems like every time I think I have the right "ratios" I find something saying otherwise! :)

3g/lb is way overkill at least if your not on roids. they heighten proteinsythesis somewhat. dont know the exact number though.

scientific paper ussually state that you cant use more than 1,8g/kg or roughly 1g/lb. i dont belive that to be true but if you eat 1,5-2,5g/lb you should more than cover your protein need.

I think the whole protein overeating among bodybuilder has come due to onedimensional thinking... protein=muscle. of course that is not entirely true. I think you need lots of carbs to bulk and alot of protein too but 3g/lb is unnecessary.

That is exactly what I'm thinking, just wanted to see what others had to say. I actually have been going back and forth with diets at the moment and i think i came up with some good numbers. Its still too early to tell but from what i have read and thinking of past cycles, i think I'm on the right track.

what i came up with was 1.5-2g protein/lb, 3g carbs/lb, .5g fat/lb, give or take a few!
That's roughly about 30% protein, 50% carbs, 20% fats, for bulking. I would also focus my carbs around workout so those meals would be protein/carbs and the rest protein/fats.

I got so frustrated trying to find out if the "no carb" all protein/fat diet would work for bulking and I didn't want to waste my gear trying something that may not work. So I came up with that and think as long as i keep carbs around workout and eat clean I should be able to keep lean along the way! What do you think of that diet and Ideas for bulking and trying to stay somewhat lean at the same time? Thanks for all the help!

trying to gain weight without carbs is a waste of gear. around workout is good idea if that doesnt work well try having with every meal just balanced out.

sounds good but what do you think about the numbers I came up with? would you say the amounts seem right or should I increase/lower something, or make any changes at all ? Thanks again!

i think the numbers look really good. try it for a few weeks and if you dont feel good or gain try changing it up..

How high can you go?

I just Dropped form 245 to about 215 and look good but never been this light and want more LEAN bulk.
Stats 30 6'1" BF unknown have abs so I would say 10-12%?

My maintance is just under 3000 calories
can i go to 4000 or higher as long as it is real clean diet without putting on much fat?
i am thinking of running tes e at 500/mg wk and tren e at 300
maybe 20 mcg of t3

Any thoughts?

I just Dropped form 245 to about 215 and look good but never been this light and want more LEAN bulk.
Stats 30 6'1" BF unknown have abs so I would say 10-12%?

My maintance is just under 3000 calories
can i go to 4000 or higher as long as it is real clean diet without putting on much fat?
i am thinking of running tes e at 500/mg wk and tren e at 300
maybe 20 mcg of t3

Any thoughts?

You wanna put it on you gotta pack it in champ. Burgers, Pizza etc...Grow then cut! Example of many on here cutting down to early then wishing you were bigger again. Try to hit your peak Mass weight and cut that, if you wanna be big and ripped

you can grow from eating good food to as long as you eat more then you spend. there is no need for eating crap all the time even if you have more freedom when bulking.

look around in a gym and you will see alot of guys who are more fat then fit and always have an excuse by saying that they are bulking.

you can grow from eating good food to as long as you eat more then you spend. there is no need for eating crap all the time even if you have more freedom when bulking.

look around in a gym and you will see alot of guys who are more fat then fit and always have an excuse by saying that they are bulking.

Exactly it wouldnt be hard to hit a vyvle and eat everything in site but i want to remain lean and grown. I always see guys of good size but are lsoppy with there shirts off.. they are always "bulking". Just hard to consume more calories than needed when eating real clean

i need some help with this

I'm 6'5" tall and yesss at that height im ONLY 142 pounds... im 24 years old, due to my life sucking at this age height and weight me being a decent looking guy except for the crazy underweight problem, I have decided to go hard with all this, i have been researching and researching and im confident i can achieve my goal of 180 without juice but any information form people that have "been there done that" is appreciated, i dont mind constructive critism so just tell me straight up what all can help. i've been underweight like this my whole life ever since i can remember, i dont do any drugs and never have, im a vol firefighter and after big fires the rescue squad checks us out makin sure we are ok and i've been told everytime i have perfect blood pressure and pulse rate, which im thinkin means low blood pressure and a high pulse? I have a sister who is really tall for a girl at 5'11" and looks alot like me, ppl who dont know we are related ask if we are but she is the right weight, she could actually lose a few and still look the right weight so i dont get why im like this natually, i do have poor diet choices but so do most ppl i know lol any help or advice is appreciated, i've just started on this site so i dont know if i'll be able to find this page in the future but my e-mail is n2fire@usa.com and sample diets per day based on my height weight and age are appreciated, i've decided for me to succeed i'll need to make meal plans in advance buy all of that food and stick to it! along with weight lifting upper and lower every other day and maybe take half a week off every 3 weeks? there's just soooo much information on the internet and everywhere i go is different so i'd like to hear from ppl who have been there and done that!

hey man i read your post and i can sympathize. I am a pro firefighter/EMT in FL. If you have nvr trained before you def dont need to use gear. Eat hard and train hard. You need to find a partner or someone who can help educate and motivate you(maybe another F/F?) Focus onlearning the exercises and proper technique and form,dont worry about the amount of weight,that will come.Diet is HUGE. I,like you , am a hard gainer, meaning I need alot of food to gain weight. Stick with it and you will see results.

not neccarily high pulse probably it just means you have a rythmic heartbeat with no abnormalities.

meal plans is a good idea. If you have a problem with eating enough then you could add in some shakes dextrose or or ground oats in them for example..

Good luck and keep us posted.

Back