The Dogcrap Routine???

ripped1979 said:
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE DOGCRAP 3 AND 4 DAY WORKOUT ROUTINE? I KNOW HE USED TO HAVE IT ON THIS BOARD....

Here you go from the man himself, DC:

This is how I set bodybuilders workouts up. I have them pick either their 3 favorite exercises for each bodypart or better yet the exercises they feel will bring up their weaknesses the most. For me my chest exercises are high incline smith machine press, hammer seated flat press and slight incline smith press with hands very, very wide----this is because I look at my physique and I feel my problem area is upper and outer pecs---that is my mechanical advantage focus. What you do is take these three exercises you have chosen and rotate them, using only one per chest workout. I would do high incline smith on my first chest day, then 3-4 days later I would do hammer seated flat press on my second chest day. Three to four days after that wide grip slight incline smith press would be done and then the whole cycle is repeated again in 3-4 days.

Whenever I train someone new I have them do the following --4 times training in 8 days---sometimes with straight sets. Usually with rest pause sets but we have to gauge the recovery ability first.

Day one would be Monday and would be:

Chest

shoulders

triceps

back width

back thickness

Day two would be Wednesday and would be

biceps

forearms

calves

hams

quads

Day three would be Friday and would be the same as day one but with different exercises

chest

shoulders

triceps

back width

back thickness

(sat+sun off)

Day four would be the following Monday and would be the same as day two but with different exercises

biceps

forearms

calves

hams

quads

and so on Wenesday, Friday, Monday, Wenesday etc.

You’re hitting every bodypart twice in 8 days. The volume on everything is simply as many warmup sets as you need to do- to be ready for your ONE work set. That can be two warmup sets for a small muscle group or five warmup sets for a large muscle group on heavy exercise like rack deadlifts. The ONE work set is either a straight set or a rest pause set (depending on your recovery abilities again). For people on the lowest scale of recovery its just that one straight set---next up is a straight set with statics for people with slightly better than that recovery----next up is rest pausing (on many of the of movements) with statics for people with middle of the road recovery on up. This last one is what I use for most people unless we find out that their mom and pop didn't grant them with the best genetics for recovery ability. At that point I have to downshift everything.

Enjoy...

Back