The F'ers raided my pharmacy

tee

old...old man
These worthless feds are really starting to get on my nerves! :destroy:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...22707,0,5741928.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

Drug agents raid downtown pharmacy after steroid probe

The Associated Press
Posted February 27, 2007, 4:55 PM EST

Federal and state narcotics agents arrested the owners of an Orlando pharmacy Tuesday as part of a New York state investigation into the sale of steroids and other performance enhancers to professional and college athletes over the Internet.

Stan and Naomi Loomis, both licensed pharmacists who own the Signature Pharmacy in downtown Orlando and another nearby, and Stan's brother, Mike Loomis, were arrested before a crowd of reporters. The three said "no comment" as a throng of reporters crowded their path to waiting police cars.

Later Tuesday, Kirk Calvert, who was identified as a manager at the pharmacy, also was arrested, but authorities did not immediately disclose the charges against him. All four have been charged with criminal diversion of prescription medications and prescriptions, criminal sale of a controlled substance and insurance fraud.

Authorities said other arrests had been made, but they did not immediately disclose details.

The Albany, N.Y., Times Union, which first disclosed the investigation, reported that investigators expected to arrest more than two dozen doctors, pharmacists and business owners on sealed New York indictments charging them with various felonies for unlawfully distributing steroids and other controlled substances, court records show.

The Times Union reported that investigators in the year-old case uncovered evidence that testosterone and other performance-enhancing drugs may have been fraudulently prescribed over the Internet to current and former major league baseball and NFL players, college athletes, high school coaches, a former Mr. Olympia champion and another top contender in the bodybuilding competition.

The Loomis' downtown pharmacy contains a small retail store that sells mostly bodybuilding supplements, a high-tech drug-manufacturing laboratory and executive offices on the second floor.

Carl Metzger, narcotics commander for Orlando's metropolitan bureau of investigation, said the Loomises were arrested on a New York warrant, but could not give details. He said Albany County District Attorney David Soares was in Loomis' pharmacy, but Soares was not immediately available for comment.

Investigators loaded boxes into a truck. Metzger said anabolic steroids were among the confiscated items, but he said the legality of them was still being investigated.

"I can't tell you what percentage of their business was legal and how much involved stacking steroids, but there was a mix," Metzger said.

Metzger said authorities found a phone list at numerous employees' desks with contact information for lawyers and representatives with the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Food and Drug Administration.

"We found that to be somewhat interesting," Metzger said. "Why would you need to have something entitled a phone call list for the DEA and FDA with lawyers' names if you have nothing to hide?"

Tuesday's raids of two locations for Signature Pharmacy, which did about $36 million in business last year, could expose a long list of sports figures, celebrities and others who have turned to Internet pharmacies for illegal drugs such as steroids, law enforcement authorities told the newspaper.

In 2002, Signature Pharmacy reported revenue of about $500,000. Revenue topped $35 million last year, authorities told the newspaper.

Soares told the Times Union his office pursued the case, in part, because New York has some of the strictest prescription drug laws in the country. In addition, Signature Pharmacy last year did an estimated $6 million in business in New York, he said.

"We're arresting young men on street corners every day for selling drugs," he told the newspaper. "Signature did $30 million last year ... $250,000 in Albany County."

Steroid purchasers usually have to pay high retail prices for their drugs, in part because many avoid seeking reimbursement from insurance carriers to avoid detection. Mostly, they use cash, checks and credit cards to pay for the drugs.

"It's a complete perversion of the medical system," Christopher Baynes, an Albany County prosecutor assigned exclusively to the case for almost a year, told the Times Union.

Some companies have enlisted unethical doctors who blindly write prescriptions for as little as $25 each, according to court documents filed in Albany and in a related federal case in Rhode Island.

damn........about 3 years ago i used to get scripts from signature! it was a matter of time! i hate to hear that!

R.I.P.

Many men using these so-called online Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) clinics thought that they were bettering their health.

The writing was on the wall for this one. They were openly violating the law.

I'm just waiting for a credible doctor or someone with clout to stand up against this shit. It's such a waste of time...

getfitdoc said:
I'm just waiting for a credible doctor or someone with clout to stand up against this shit. It's such a waste of time...
Why ever would a legitimate physician stand up against busting an illegal pharmacy?

mranak said:
Why ever would a legitimate physician stand up against busting an illegal pharmacy?

I have to agree with you. This is just common sense.
The truth is..steroids are dangerous and most of the time, illegal. If you spend enough time on this forum you will see plenty of people who can get AAS, but they definately shouldn't be using them. All of us who use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) illegally are taking chances. I choose my path and I try to do it as intelligently as I can. I don't expect anyone to back me up except my lawyer.

A lot of people have guns, but we all know people who just shouldn't.

Filling prescriptions for steroids online is not a crime. Filling illegal prescriptions would be. (i.e. prescribing Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) to young teens, for people without blood tests showing low testosterone levels, importing their meds from overseas and reselling to save money (Like Powermedica did), etc). This pharmacy was doing more than just prescribing Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) to men in their late 30s+ with low test levels. Florida courts have already upheld the filling of prescriptions over the internet as long as the doctor makes every effort to ascertain the identity of the person requesting the medication to be that actual person. Stay tuned and I'm betting that much more will come out that this clinic was doing. (Other than filling LEGAL prescriptions for steroids(HRT).

DEA should focus more on Heroin and Crack. Big deal, someone wants to take a chemical to get big and enhance their athleticism.

Gator

i think the steroid shit is hyped up big time and is totally rediculous and that it is that way to get votes and keep issues on steroids instead of more important shit. However arguing that steroids should be totally legal is like a pot heads arguing for weed to be legal, it wont be legal with out a doctor because its not neccasary.

but the penalties are rediculous and should be about the same as weed instead of crack. Also i think its funny that in the article they leave the celebrity names out, i wouldnt want to see any one get this shit scap goated on them and glad they left the celebs alone but i think the reason they do leave them alone is because the enforcment knows its all hype and just wants the credit for the arrest.

simpllyhuge said:
However arguing that steroids should be totally legal is like a pot heads arguing for weed to be legal, it wont be legal with out a doctor because its not neccasary.

take out the word "steroids" and replace it with alcohol and tell me what the difference is.......none. prohibition didn't work and neither will the war on drugs. how many people die each year from cigarettes? money and politics.

na i agree, i think its something crazy like 50% percent of all deaths are attributed to alcohol, either by car accidents or health issues ect. Ciggertes are obviosuly known to kill also but the government makes way to much money off those and to many people use them regulary to ever admit its the same.

this was my pharmacy too
they were awesome. Are they just shut down for all business or internet business?

Jimmykick said:
this was my pharmacy too
they were awesome. Are they just shut down for all business or internet business?

I think they are pretty much done right now. I live in Florida and its all over the news.

Jimmykick said:
this was my pharmacy too

A friend of mine in Florida actually said they were back open for business. I'm betting they aren't filling scrips for much more than cough syrup though :(

Maybe someone in the medical field can answer this. How can the media keep getting the client lists from these clinics that they are busting? What about the medical privacy act? These clients were doing everything "By the book." Still, their names are getting released and pubished. They just now said they believe that Evander Holyfield had scrips filled, and the ball player Gary Matthews. Whats up with that shit?

There are a ton of accusations being made by the DA and some people in this thread.. You know it IS possible that some of these pros actually have a legit script for a legit reason.

Golgo13 said:
There are a ton of accusations being made by the DA and some people in this thread.. You know it IS possible that some of these pros actually have a legit script for a legit reason.

While that may be true, steroids are still banned in pro sports and that wouldnt give them a free pass. I agree though this whole witch hunt is just rediculous. Go bust some real drug dealers.

for anyone that used to use them, with health coverage I wonder if it was a good deal or it was still over priced, compared to blackmarket?

Back