The Testo Clinic - Not sure?

Stevezau

Hey Guys,

I've been working towards a goal for over 2-3 years now. That goal is to put on some decent size and maintain a healthy life.

I've seen a number of nutritionist, Personal Trainers and Doctors.... To try keep a long story short.

A few years back i really started putting in 110% effort. Quit drinking, tracked my diet and stuck two various workout programs. No matter what i tried and what supplements i took i never seem to gain any muscle. My fat levels were about 12% and body weight about 70kg's. This keept up for a year. Decided to get some blood tests done. My results were alarming to me

Test = 10.1 nmol/L
Free Test = 32.1 pmol/L

I'm 27 years old. The lab flagged theses results as very low but the doctor preceded to tell them this was normal and there was nothing wrong.. EVEN tho i said i have low sex drive, energy, have troubles sleeping etc. I've had several blood tests over the years.. All ranging from 8.6 to 13.5 nmol/l for test.

I promptly changed docs. Next doc said yes this is def a problem but he didn't really help me out.. he offered to put me on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) troche but the dosage was too low as my blood results kept coming back as low (11-14 nmol/L).

I got the shits and decided to try a cycle 6months ago. During the cycle my sex drive was improved and i put on 4KG of muscle!!.. But post cycle i managed to loose most of that muscle as my test levels graduallity dropped (even with taking PCT etc)..

Anyway, i now realised going on a cycle was not the best idea. I really want to get myself to normal levels the legal way. After much research i came across thetestoclinic.com.au/

They have already spoken to me on the phone. In short its $2200 for 2 years worth of treatments (providing my blood work shows low test, which it will). This includes the prescription testosterone, regular check ups and blood tests at least ever 2-3months. They use creams and troache's to deliver the testosterone, the also claim that they understand there is a percentage of loss during the transfer of test from the cream/troache into the blood stream, they take this into account when prescribing the dosage.

It's quite expensive and i can't find many reviews on their services. Has anyone ever used creams etc before?? Are they actually effective? There is so much conflicting information out there!

Or maybe i should just keep changing doctors till someone prescribes me the needle?

Just look for help/advice guys.. Thanks!

Unfortunately, most guys don't have success with creams/gels or troches. Injections have the best success and also happen to be the cheapest treatment option. You should demand/hold out for injections. And make sure that you are allowed to self inject. It is too costly and way to inconvenient to go in for your injections. Imagine if a diabetic couldn't self-inject.

Welcome!

I've heard it's very hard to get testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) in Oz, so I would try to use thetestoclinic for the blood work and other scripts. Even if I had to pay for my own injectable test.

$2200 for two years is not that expensive if you consider that in the US it's usually double that.

Beg, plead and bribe them to script you for test enth, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) if you want that and an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) (my choice would be aromasin) and let you self pin...study youtube videos on SQ and IM injections.....maybe you can get them to offer a better alternative to their customers if they see you are handling self pinning without complaint and are doing well with TRT.

Seems that you are still within the reference ranges (you could edit your post and add in the reference ranges for everyone to study) and it's been said that in OZ you don't get any testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) help if you are within the ranges and maybe would only get testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) if you are castrated.

So beg and try hard to get that clinic to change for you and their future clients else you might be forced to self medicate or get your testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) in another country.

Hey Guys, thanks for replying!

My latest results

(Roche method)

Testosterone 8.9 nmol/L (11.5 - 32.0)
Free test 27.7 pmol/L (43 - 138)

Also had LH and a whole bunch of other tests done.

I'm clearly under the ref range but not low enough (need a reading of 7) to get support from the government.. I don't really care what the costs is i just want my life back on track!

Anyway, i'm going to have a chat to my doc on monday about getting the needle.. I also read u can get pellets that sit under your skin for 3-4months.

I just hope this doc gives in. He is a natural and alternative medecine doctor so he may not give me the needle.. I just wish other docs would recognise the problem :|

You might have to try whatever you can get from him, it be would nice to use an application that is known to work reliably.

He costs $92 a month...guess you could still buy your own test enth. For test cyp in the US it's about $65 for a 10mL which contains 2000mg and that usually lasts a guy 10 to 20 weeks depending on dosage. So at the most it would be another $26 per month plus needles....and you could just donate that cream or troches to a friend in need and forget to mention to the doc how you are applying the test.

Hey All,

Had my doc appt today. Had a long chat with the doc.. Long story short my results came back as low for test and free test..

In the end he said, you can choose which ever method you like. He prefers using the Troache method as its controlled per daily basis. But as i travel for work and live a busy life i can tend to miss taking theses things twice a day.. Or if i leave them at home when i have to travel for work thats 5 days without.

We decided to go with injections every 10-14weeks.. He is injecting me with 1000mg of Test Reandron.. With my first check up in 4-5 weeks. That check up will determine my next injection but the half life of Reandron is 10-14 weeks so i'm told.. Didn't know one existed for that long!

Excited to see how it goes, can't wait to be feeling normal again AND to finally put on some muscle instead of wasting it away.

Hey All,

Had my doc appt today. Had a long chat with the doc.. Long story short my results came back as low for test and free test..

In the end he said, you can choose which ever method you like. He prefers using the Troache method as its controlled per daily basis. But as i travel for work and live a busy life i can tend to miss taking theses things twice a day.. Or if i leave them at home when i have to travel for work thats 5 days without.

We decided to go with injections every 10-14weeks.. He is injecting me with 1000mg of Test Reandron.. With my first check up in 4-5 weeks. That check up will determine my next injection but the half life of Reandron is 10-14 weeks so i'm told.. Didn't know one existed for that long!

Excited to see how it goes, can't wait to be feeling normal again AND to finally put on some muscle instead of wasting it away.

I hope you start feeling better. Make sure you watch your estradiol. Taking a big dose like that will likely spike your estradiol. Hopefully you talked about using an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) if needed with your doc. And if I were you, I would push to do self injections. Going to your doc's office that frequently does not sound conducive to your busy life style.

Hey All,

Maybe search Nebido when you are bored, it's not approved yet in the US....some say it's not a good choice but I'd certainly try it.

Reminds me of Marcus in another forum, he's a big fan of it.

Hope it works well for you.

Hi 1639,

Yeah i've already done alot of reading on it.. Mixture of results..

In the end it's just testosterone right? So if it raises my levels to optimum then it's doing what any other one would do?

I guess i just need to ensure it keeps the levels stable for as long as it says it does.. I'm going to ask my doc for regular blood tests at least for the first 4 months.. (test every 4 weeks or so)

In some ways it's similar to the pellet implants.

Might work great for you, I guess if a guy needs more they just shorten the time between shots.

Yeah thats right..

I've read most guys get another injection around the 8 week mark.. My injection is today, i'm going to chat to my doc about getting a topup at 6weeks as from what i've been reading thats general prac for the 2nd injection at the 6 week mark.,

Back