there goes rafael

ILoveTren

he had a lot goin for him to be elected into the hall of fame his first go around doing something only 3 other players have done (Hank Aaron, Willie Mays and Eddie Murray) ...500 home runs and 3000 hits. with all that said, if these guys are gonna use they had better stop getting caught. not that jose cansaco helps out by goin on espn or somthing and calling out names. example "i help rafael inject, showed him how to do it and where". i think that cansaco is quite stupid and and ass hole to say stuff like that and to also write a book. anyways, just thought id throw that out there.

ILoveTren said:
he had a lot goin for him to be elected into the hall of fame his first go around doing something only 3 other players have done (Hank Aaron, Willie Mays and Eddie Murray) ...500 home runs and 3000 hits. with all that said, if these guys are gonna use they had better stop getting caught. not that jose cansaco helps out by goin on espn or somthing and calling out names. example "i help rafael inject, showed him how to do it and where". i think that cansaco is quite stupid and and ass hole to say stuff like that and to also write a book. anyways, just thought id throw that out there.
I AGREE, if he felt so strong about ASS why he came out of the closet after he was out of the sport, and he he did why name names of people tha still in the sport , he is a pussy ass maricon IMO

What did he test postive for?? So far I have only heard of a "banned" substance..this could be a lot of things that aren't even steroids... anyone know for sure??

but he doesnt know how they got in his body, remember that. Someone couldve been playing a cruel joke on him and slipped them to him when he was sleeping.....

mranak said:
I would still like to know which steroid or steroids in particular.

The league said they would not release the info on what he exactly tested positive for.

jes131 said:
The league said they would not release the info on what he exactly tested positive for.
Maybe a congressional suppena will change their minds. We'll see what happens.

jes131 said:
Here's a link to Palmero's public statement regarding the whole thing:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,164410,00.html
Better to shut up than to lie about it (when nobody believes you), IMHO.
UPDATE: Palmeiro's stance insults our intelligence
jes131 said:
Also Ryan Franklin, a pitcher with the Mariners, was just suspended for steroid use.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,164516,00.html
Did they hit these guys up at a time when they didn't expect it? Might we assume that they probably had short-ester or even no-ester testosterone in their systems?

What if these guys take a month vacation to Aruba or something. Can't test them when they aren't around, right?

Last edited:
In the news now they are saying it was Winstrol..... now think about this.. you have an evil bitch of an ex girlfriend (or wife) and she offers to make you dinner..she cooks up a nice dinner and sprinkles some Winstrol (winny) or dbol on it and you injest it...or better yet... you have a team mate that would be playing your postition if you get injured or such... he slips some liquid Winstrol (winny) into your water bottle...now he is playing in your spot and he is hoping to up his value to the team...along with his contract...... just some very possible explanations......

thefantom1 said:
In the news now they are saying it was Winstrol..... now think about this.. you have an evil bitch of an ex girlfriend (or wife) and she offers to make you dinner..she cooks up a nice dinner and sprinkles some Winstrol (winny) or dbol on it and you injest it...or better yet... you have a team mate that would be playing your postition if you get injured or such... he slips some liquid Winstrol (winny) into your water bottle...now he is playing in your spot and he is hoping to up his value to the team...along with his contract...... just some very possible explanations......
Perhaps, but Palmeiro's statement was so bad that I just can't believe this is the case in his situation. He sounds like a liar, not somebody that has been taken for a ride.

Nevertheless, you do bring up some very important issues that could become problems. Such behavior is unethical and illegal and would carry a heavy penalty if perpetrator was caught. But I say it is unlikely to happen.

mranak said:
Perhaps, but Palmeiro's statement was so bad that I just can't believe this is the case in his situation. He sounds like a liar, not somebody that has been taken for a ride.

Nevertheless, you do bring up some very important issues that could become problems. Such behavior is unethical and illegal and would carry a heavy penalty if perpetrator was caught. But I say it is unlikely to happen.

I agree that his statement is horrible... and I believe he took the steroids knowningly.....but imagine the situation.. a second string guy making $300,000 a year...slips the starter some winny..starter gets busted...second string guy goes in and has a shot at a few million a year.... I definately see this happening in the future...

thefantom1 said:
I agree that his statement is horrible... and I believe he took the steroids knowningly.....but imagine the situation.. a second string guy making $300,000 a year...slips the starter some winny..starter gets busted...second string guy goes in and has a shot at a few million a year.... I definately see this happening in the future...

I could see it maybe for more playing time, or someone in aaa ball to move up, but money wise no, the contract stays the same until they are free agents and just because he would start doesnt necessarily mean he would make more money.

Now the union is trying to fight his suspension and fines because they were not supposed to release the name of the "banned substance"

joltan said:
Now the union is trying to fight his suspension and fines because they were not supposed to release the name of the "banned substance"
No way are they going to win that fight, not with a guy that testified in front of congress that he did not use. Interesting, however.

joltan said:

In other news, sales of Winstrol (winny) skyrocket!

Back