Thinking about T3... Have a few questions

Good luck with finding that... search engine is still crocked :(

Oh man, I hope they get those threads back online, lots of valuable info down the drain! Maybe if these posts/threads are lost forever someone has them saved and they can be put back on again?

I just started a 16 week test E cutting cycle @ 500mg a week, with a 4 week anavar kickstart at 40mg per day.

1. What is the proper dose?

50-200 mcg. I suggest 75-125.
2. How long can I run it for?

Forever. The rumors of "shutdown" are total nonsense. Studies have shown that long term users of T3 recovered full natural thyroid function within a few weeks. You're simply not going to damage your thyroid, anyone who tells you different is simply totally wrong.

3. What are the real world side effects?

Sweating, at higher doses possible restlessness. Muscle wasting is possible and AAS should always be used to prevent it.

4. Will there be a rebound effect when I get off?

No. Your metabolism will return to normal very quickly.

I just cut and pasted from an article I cut and pasted here back in 2007:

This is what I consider the most important myth-busting part of Nandi's article:

Like the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis, the thyroid gland is under negative feedback control. When t3 levels go up, TSH secretion is suppressed. This is the mechanism whereby exogenous thyroid hormone suppresses natural thyroid hormone production. There is a difference though between the way anabolic steroids suppress natural testosterone production and the way t3 suppresses the thyroid. With steroids, the longer and heavier the cycle is, the longer your natural testosterone is suppressed. This is not the case with exogenous thyroid hormone.

An early study that looked at thyroid function and recovery under the influence of exogenous thyroid hormone was undertaken by Greer (2). He looked at patients who were misdiagnosed as being hypothyroid and put on thyroid hormone replacement for as long as 30 years. When the medication was withdrawn, their thyroids quickly returned to normal.

Here is a remark about Greer's classic paper from a later author:

"In 1951, Greer reported the pattern of recovery of thyroid function after stopping suppressive treatment with thyroid hormone in euthyroid [normal] subjects based on sequential measurements of their thyroidal uptake of radioiodine. He observed that after withdrawal of exogenous thyroid therapy, thyroid function, in terms of radioiodine uptake, returned to normal in most subjects within two weeks. He further observed that thyroid function returned as rapidly in those subjects whose glands had been depressed by several years of thyroid medication as it did in those whose gland had been depressed for only a few days" (3)

These results have been subsequently verified in several studies.(3)(4) So contrary to what has been stated in the bodybuilding literature, there is no evidence that long term thyroid supplementation will somehow damage your thyroid gland.

I just cut and pasted from an article I cut and pasted here back in 2007:

This is what I consider the most important myth-busting part of Nandi's article:

Like the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis, the thyroid gland is under negative feedback control. When t3 levels go up, TSH secretion is suppressed. This is the mechanism whereby exogenous thyroid hormone suppresses natural thyroid hormone production. There is a difference though between the way anabolic steroids suppress natural testosterone production and the way t3 suppresses the thyroid. With steroids, the longer and heavier the cycle is, the longer your natural testosterone is suppressed. This is not the case with exogenous thyroid hormone.

An early study that looked at thyroid function and recovery under the influence of exogenous thyroid hormone was undertaken by Greer (2). He looked at patients who were misdiagnosed as being hypothyroid and put on thyroid hormone replacement for as long as 30 years. When the medication was withdrawn, their thyroids quickly returned to normal.

Here is a remark about Greer's classic paper from a later author:

"In 1951, Greer reported the pattern of recovery of thyroid function after stopping suppressive treatment with thyroid hormone in euthyroid [normal] subjects based on sequential measurements of their thyroidal uptake of radioiodine. He observed that after withdrawal of exogenous thyroid therapy, thyroid function, in terms of radioiodine uptake, returned to normal in most subjects within two weeks. He further observed that thyroid function returned as rapidly in those subjects whose glands had been depressed by several years of thyroid medication as it did in those whose gland had been depressed for only a few days" (3)

These results have been subsequently verified in several studies.(3)(4) So contrary to what has been stated in the bodybuilding literature, there is no evidence that long term thyroid supplementation will somehow damage your thyroid gland.
Thanks for sharing!

You bet buddy. I was one of the original moderators here and a few years back had to step down because life and businesses took over. I still try to check in now and then, learn something, and see if I can contribute. If you can find any of Nandi's writings, he was one of the biggest brains in the game. RIP.

I tried t3 cytover, it seems that it really increased my metabolizm and helped my to get rid of fat.

Back