Thinking of quitting for good......

Golden_Muscle

Hybrid Athlete
Im thinking of quitting the juice for good. My anxiety is getting worse everyday while on the juice. Its kind of crappy since I could be alot bigger and stronger on the juice, but I know I will always want more, and thats what causes health problems.

I will still post my pics on here, and stay on the boards, but as a natural guy. Im going to work on my weaker areas, gain another 7 lbs or so naturally, and then Im going to diet down and get really lean. I guess now im going to go for the more perfect look instead of the biggest look...... Oh well, its my choice, and im happy with it.

I am 22 and I can bench 405lbs, 3 times. My goal since I was 16 was to bench 405lbs, 4 times by the time I was 23. I think I can gain one more rep naturally, lol, since I have made it this far naturally.My other goal was to have 20" arms cold and flexed in the morning, and im less than half an inch away from that, so once I hit my goals in the near future, anything more will be extra. At least I can still use clen and stuff like that because it doesnt have side effect that scare me. :D

That's your choice and it seems sound. You change your mind either way and we should stand by you bro. Damn mature for 22 actually, you reached your goals and cease.

I'm willing to bet in another 10 years you may not have the anxiety problems. Age and experince has a way of dealing with those kinds of things. Good luck.

I wish you the best of luck buddy. I support your decision - it's good to see young people making responsible decisions about steroids like this. It's rare.

you have to do whats right for you. On the other hand, a quick trip to the doctors, some low dose valium....you would be set :)

I think if you could get your hands on some xanax or valium you would be just fine. I always stock up on those before a cycle. It definately helps out with insomnia and nervousness.

I started steroids at the very young age of 18 and decided to quit at age 20 after 6 very strong cycles. I was in college and working on my degree knowing that I would have to enter the professional world soon. At the time I felt guilty for doing steroids like it was cheating. Couldn't take it anymore, so I quit for good. I went clean for 15 years straight and lifted my ass off naturally. I lost a lot of size and strength, but I built a very nice natural physique and had pretty good strength. You can build good muscle in your 20's and early 30's without steroids. I know, I'm living proof!

* Another great thing about laying off the drugs for a long time...is that when you come back...it's like starting all over again and that first cylce is terrific with very impressive gains! :D

Last edited:
xandar said:
I think if you could get your hands on some xanax or valium you would be just fine. I always stock up on those before a cycle. It definately helps out with insomnia and nervousness.
Drugs to combat the side affects of drugs is not the answer.

Drugs to combat the side affects of drugs is not the answer.

what about nolva+clomid to combat the side affects of steroids? your statement is pretty general :p

ya, im a nitpicking idiot

I'm a big fan of the occasional anti anxiety med.... I stress occasional.. I sleep well, no anxiety and aside from valium and it's long half life I'm not all sluggish in the mornings at all....But they are addictive so use caution do not over do it and try not to use them every day!!!!

It's your choice though Brotha, either way hope to still see you around!!!! LAter...

jcp2 has it right. what great advise bro. thumbs up for you. to verbally prescribe another drug is a bad idea fellas. maybe lower the doses and learn to relax alittle. maybe a change in the gear you use. you may just need a little time away. whatever you do good luck and throw out the thought of xanax, valium etc.

Thanks alot bros. Dont worry, I will never take a drug to make me stop worrying. When im off steroids, I dont worry, so thats all I need.

Thanks for the responses and advice guys.

I just have to accept the fact that I will always be 20lbs less than I was planning. I can live with that if it means being healthier and not worrying.......

Golden_Muscle said:
Thanks alot bros. Dont worry, I will never take a drug to make me stop worrying. When im off steroids, I dont worry, so thats all I need.

Thanks for the responses and advice guys.

I just have to accept the fact that I will always be 20lbs less than I was planning. I can live with that if it means being healthier and not worrying.......
are you running eq ? i knew a guy who had trouble while running eq but nothing else bothered him

Golden I am going through the same thing as you. I am 29 I have juiced for about 2 years I stopped last May and I am not looking back. I was up to maxing 465. At my best I was 235 about 10%BF.
Now I am 220 I can only get 405 for 2 on a good day, once if I am weak but I am happy with thoses numbers. Also like you I want to get my arms to 20" cold. At their biggest they were only 19.5" at 235. Right now they are just about 19".
I am stopping for a few reasons. One is health, I used Anadrol in the past with no problems well the last time I used it I think it fucked me up alittle bit. I would sit in front of the pc or lay in bed and my nose would just run blood like a river. I had super high blood pressure, hyper tension high and my liver hurt big time, throbbing pain. After that I threw out the rest of my Anadrol (about 30 tabs).
Also my girl never really liked the idea of me jucing but dealt with it. So I decided also for her to get off. And lastly was progess. I have put on up to 35 in the last 2 years but it seemed with each cycle I would only get to the same sticking point never breaking it which was the low 230's and benching around 440-460. My thinking is why keep taking shit if I am just going to keep hitting the same wall, no point.
I think that given a years time (by july 2004) I can be back to 230 maxing around 440-450 (I am 220 now maxing around 420). I know that is a long way to just gain 10 pounds of muslce and 20 pounds on bench but it is that hard being off shit.
The hardest thing was that it tookme awhile to adjust to losing the stregnth I once had. It is hard to go from throwing up 315 with ease to now barely even on a good day doing 3 sets of 10 with 315. You have to get used to that and also I lost the "feel" of being on shit you know getting super great pumps, feeling like I can workout forever, etc, etc.
What I don't miss is the bloat in the face I would get from Deca and Aandrol, the crazy sweating, and mood swinging (I do miss the sex drive increase). Also for me I got hit with the enlarged sotmach somewhat, guess my internals also got alittle bigger I hope that goes do in a year or so.
So now I am training without gear with modest goals. I don't think getting to 230 from 220 and maxing 450 from 420 is a big feat. I am relearning training without sauce and to be honest it is somewhat fun seeing your body progess even though it is slow you know those gains will stay. I plan make some gains naturally for a year or 2. Then MAYBE I might think about going back on. I am not going to get back on shit just to weigh 235 again then get off and go right back to 220, doesn't make any sense to me. I am only getting back on if I am at 230-235 already.
People might say just eat more or consume more protein. I know all that but I also know my body and to get to 235 I push myself past the limit as far as eating is concerned I know I couldn't make myself eat the amount of food it would take for me to get to 240 or 250 AND maintain it.

Sorry So Long just want to share this with everyone.

Dragon

Last edited:
Well as a rokie, all I can say is put your health and body first, if it's time it is time. SO if you're a quiting, i think that is a wise decision by someone. Make sure you are not addicted to anything. Good luck with your clean life bro!

anabolicdragon said:
Golden I am going through the same thing as you. I am 29 I have juiced for about 2 years I dtopped last May and I am not looking back. I was up to maxing 465. At my best I was 235 about 10%BF.
Now I am 220 I can only get 405 for 2 on a good day, once if I am weak but I am happy with thoses numbers. Also like you I want to get my arms to 20" cold. At their biggest they were only 19.5" at 235. Right now they are just about 19".
I am stopping for a few reasons. One health I used Anadrol in the past with no problems well the last time I used it I think it fucked me up alittle bitI would sit in front of the pc or lay in bed and my nose would justrun blood like a river. I had super high blood pressure, hyper tension high and my liver hurt big time, throbbing pain. After that I threw out the rest of my Anadrol (about 30 tabs).
Also my girl never really liked the idea of me jucing but dealt with it. So I decided also for her to get off. And lastly was progess. I have put on up to 35 in the last 2 years but it seemed with each cycle I would only get to the same sticking point never breaking it which was the low 230's and benching around 440-460. My thinking is why keep taking shit if I am just going to keep hitting the same wall, no point.
I think that given a years time (by july 2004) I can be back to 230 maxing around 440-450 (I am 220 now maxing around 420). I know that is a long way to just gain 10 pounds of muslce and 20 pounds on bench but it is that hard off shit.
The hardest thing that it took to adjust to for me was losing the stregnth I once had. It is hard to go from throwing up 315 with ease to now barely even on a good day doing 3 sets of 10 with 315. You have to get used to that and also I lost the "feel" of being on shit you knwo getting super great pumps, feeling like I can workout foreverm, etc, etc.
What I don't miss is the bloat in the face I would get from Deca and Aandrol, the crazy sweating, and mood swinging (I do miss the sex drive increase). Also for me I got hit with the enlarged sotmach somewhat guess my internals also got alittle bigger I hope that goes do in a year or so.
So now I am training without gear with modest goals. I don't think getting to 230 from 220 and maxinf 450 from 420 is a big feat. I just want to relearn training without sauce, make some gains naturally for ayear or 2. Then MAYBE I might think about going back on. I am not going to get back on shit just to weigh 235 again then get off and go right back to 220, doesn't make any sense to me.
People might say just eat more or consume more protein. I know all that but I know my body and to get to 235 I push myself past the limit as far as eating is concerned I know I couldn't make myself eat the amount of food it would take for me to get to 240 or 25o AND maintain it.

Sorry So Long just want to share this with everyone.

That was suck a good post I cant believe it. Thanks alot buddy. I really appreciate it.

I got it easy compared to you though because I dont have to worry about going down hill, that would really bum me out. I have only taken 8 amps of Sustanon (sust) two years ago and kept everything. Then last week I started my second cycle and only went up about 5 lbs in a week probably because I ate alot, and then I quit. So I dont have to worry about going down hill since I am at this point naturally already. Im really happy with my decision, and thanks again for the awsome post man.

If I ever took anadrol I would probably be in the mental institution from worrying too much and going crazy, LOL, its just what im like.
Dragon

Back