This is a long thread but i need hormone/blood test information/advice

KingK

ok gonna make this as short as possible. i have done a ton of research and been training on and off 20yrs, ill be 37 in a month, dabbled with gear a little here and there in my 20s. couple years back i did a high mg run of test and stacked other stuff with it at different times (deca, mast, eq, var), did this about 6 months, stopped everything, tapered down test to like 200/w, stopped, did nolvadex and hcg, felt like shit for a while but moved on. after about 3 months i decided to do the same thing again but like halfway through i had my store manager quit and put me working 80hrs a week and no gym, eating like twice a day, and stressed to the max, i continued taking what i called a "Cruise" of 200mg/w test hoping i would find a new manager and get back in the grind, well after many months it never happened so i dropped the test to 100/w for a few weeks quit, waited and did my nolv but did NOT have hcg this time (wasnt planning on coming off yet), that has been about 3 months ago and i think i may have screwed up my hormonal balance. im an emotional person anyway but i feel more so now, gaining BF faster than ever, and low libido. i figure my estrogen is outweighing my test. i took adex any time i was taking test, i would take an appropriate amount to the amount of test i was taking. im wondering if my adex was possibly even bunk? if my estro is high and test low i see options of starting test up again to see if that helps, take an anti-E for a while, or get some HCG. whats the path back to normal? i would like to run some stuff again but not until i learn all this and get on board blood testing.

now to be called a dumb ass... i have never done blood testing.. ive never had an issue until now and didnt make the time and money to do it, do i know i should have, yes.. will i start, yes.. never researched that part of it much. theres also alot of different tests. i found a place local to go but im not even sure which ones to get. obviously need to know test and estradiol. i see test levels on average are 600 and low under 300 but i cant find any figures on estrogen levels. check prolactin also? figures on it?

Estradiol
Estradiol, Sensitive
Estriol, Serum
Estrogen Testing, Comprehensive Panel
Estrogens (Total), Serum

Prolactin

Testosterone (Free) , Serum (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration) With Total Testosterone
Testosterone, Free (Direct) With Total Testosterone, LC/MS-MS
Testosterone, Free (Direct), Serum
Testosterone, Free (Direct), Serum With Total Testosterone
Testosterone, Free and Weakly Bound
Testosterone, Free and Weakly Bound, With Total Testosterone, LC/MS-MS
Testosterone, Free, Equilibrium Ultrafiltration With Total Testosterone, LC/MS-MS
Testosterone, Total, Serum

im sorry for the long post and im sure some of this has been answered before, just trying to gain info from people more knowledgeable than myself on this part of it. I am gonna get blood work when i find out what tests and what numbers to be looking at. anyone that knows a lot about this or has links even please speak up. im sure theres something im forgetting so feel free to ask anything also. i really appreciate it!! Maybe i can help someone out one day!!

Zac

Welcome and thanks for the honest post about not doing bloods before. It would be good to have your blood work done now to see where your at and then proceed from there.

thanks for response, i am actively looking to have my bloods done. trying to see which tests i need, they are all worded a little different and priced different. can anyone let me know which tests to get and what figure ranges i should be looking for?

thanks for response, i am actively looking to have my bloods done. trying to see which tests i need, they are all worded a little different and priced different. can anyone let me know which tests to get and what figure ranges i should be looking for?

Honestly, you'll save a ton of time and money by just grabbing the "menopausal test" from privatemdlabs and specifying male at the end. It has the majority of what you need to see how things are going, and at around 60 bucks (Google for a coupon) it's hard to beat.

If you really want prolactin, you can add that, along with maybe thyroid - but be aware that costs do rise pretty quickly for added extras. Don't worry about reference ranges, they're included with the pdf they email you a link for when your results come in.

As you're not on any 19-nors, I don't see any reason to bother with sensitive assays at this time. They become necessary if on say deca or tren as those two specifically do interfere with standard ECLIA tests.

Best of luck, and feel free to post your results. I'm sure one of us will be more than able to help you decipher through everything and get you back up and running.

My 0.02c :)

the menopausal test looks good and yes it covers a lot and cuts cost down to like half, THANKS! i do plan to run some deca again in the future, so do the "sensitivity" version of the tests if im taking nor19s? i appreciate it, gonna look into doing this hopefully this week!

Yes, deca and tren will affect the normal assays. So if are running either of those compounds, then pay extra for the LCMS testing. Good luck getting back to normal.

thank you! about how long after you go till they send you results? just curious..

For the standard female hormone panel? 24-72 hours, not including weekends. I have gotten results on a Saturday before, but I think it was a fluke. :)

ok cool.. i ordered my test, got confirmation email, says i have another email coming to print out to bring. do you just go whenever you want? i never saw anything about "scheduling" or "appointment". the ball is rolling gents, thanks for the help!

ok here we go, got my test results!!

Test Name Result Flag Reference Range Lab
CBC With Differential/Platelet
WBC 6.2 3.4-10.8 x10E3/uL 01
RBC 4.68 4.14-5.80 x10E6/uL 01
Hemoglobin 14.6 12.6-17.7 g/dL 01
Hematocrit 43.2 37.5-51.0 % 01
MCV 92 79-97 fL 01
MCH 31.2 26.6-33.0 pg 01
MCHC 33.8 31.5-35.7 g/dL 01
RDW 14.1 12.3-15.4 % 01
Platelets 192 150-379 x10E3/uL 01
Neutrophils 49 % 01
Lymphs 37 % 01
Monocytes 10 % 01
Eos 3 % 01
Basos 1 % 01
Neutrophils (Absolute) 3.0 1.4-7.0 x10E3/uL 01
Lymphs (Absolute) 2.3 0.7-3.1 x10E3/uL 01
Monocytes(Absolute) 0.6 0.1-0.9 x10E3/uL 01
Eos (Absolute) 0.2 0.0-0.4 x10E3/uL 01
Baso (Absolute) 0.0 0.0-0.2 x10E3/uL 01
Immature Granulocytes 0 % 01
Immature Grans (Abs) 0.0 0.0-0.1 x10E3/uL 01
Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)
Glucose, Serum 104 HIGH 65-99 mg/dL 01
BUN 17 6-20 mg/dL 01
Creatinine, Serum 0.76 0.76-1.27 mg/dL 01
eGFR If NonAfricn Am 117 >59 mL/min/1.73 01
eGFR If Africn Am 136 >59 mL/min/1.73 01
BUN/Creatinine Ratio 22 HIGH 8-19 01
Sodium, Serum 144 134-144 mmol/L 01
Potassium, Serum 4.4 3.5-5.2 mmol/L 01
Chloride, Serum 103 97-108 mmol/L 01
Carbon Dioxide, Total 21 18-29 mmol/L 01
Calcium, Serum 10.0 8.7-10.2 mg/dL 01
Protein, Total, Serum 7.0 6.0-8.5 g/dL 01
Albumin, Serum 4.8 3.5-5.5 g/dL 01
Globulin, Total 2.2 1.5-4.5 g/dL 01
A/G Ratio 2.2 1.1-2.5 01
Bilirubin, Total 0.5 0.0-1.2 mg/dL 01
Alkaline Phosphatase, S 51 39-117 IU/L 01
AST (SGOT) 42 HIGH 0-40 IU/L 01
ALT (SGPT) 46 HIGH 0-44 IU/L 01
Testosterone, Serum 187 LOW 348-1197 ng/dL 01
Luteinizing Hormone(LH), S
LH 2.2 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL 01
FSH 1.8 1.5-12.4 mIU/mL 01
Estradiol 17.4 7.6-42.6 pg/mL 01

this was my first blood test... so looks like high sugar, liver and kidney enzymes elevated, very low test, and acceptable estrogen? i was actually expecting a high estrogen count by how my body feels.. apparently im NOT making my own testosterone.. now do i start back on test for a while and get that boosted and get tested again in a month or so and see where im at? how much a week to get loaded back up? 600mg be good? looking forward to stacking again and getting back on track. i appreciate everyones help, i am now learning the body chemistry of all this and hope to be able to help others in the future.. thank you..

ok here we go, got my test results!!

Test Name Result Flag Reference Range Lab
CBC With Differential/Platelet
WBC 6.2 3.4-10.8 x10E3/uL 01
RBC 4.68 4.14-5.80 x10E6/uL 01
Hemoglobin 14.6 12.6-17.7 g/dL 01
Hematocrit 43.2 37.5-51.0 % 01
MCV 92 79-97 fL 01
MCH 31.2 26.6-33.0 pg 01
MCHC 33.8 31.5-35.7 g/dL 01
RDW 14.1 12.3-15.4 % 01
Platelets 192 150-379 x10E3/uL 01
Neutrophils 49 % 01
Lymphs 37 % 01
Monocytes 10 % 01
Eos 3 % 01
Basos 1 % 01
Neutrophils (Absolute) 3.0 1.4-7.0 x10E3/uL 01
Lymphs (Absolute) 2.3 0.7-3.1 x10E3/uL 01
Monocytes(Absolute) 0.6 0.1-0.9 x10E3/uL 01
Eos (Absolute) 0.2 0.0-0.4 x10E3/uL 01
Baso (Absolute) 0.0 0.0-0.2 x10E3/uL 01
Immature Granulocytes 0 % 01
Immature Grans (Abs) 0.0 0.0-0.1 x10E3/uL 01
Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)
Glucose, Serum 104 HIGH 65-99 mg/dL 01
BUN 17 6-20 mg/dL 01
Creatinine, Serum 0.76 0.76-1.27 mg/dL 01
eGFR If NonAfricn Am 117 >59 mL/min/1.73 01
eGFR If Africn Am 136 >59 mL/min/1.73 01
BUN/Creatinine Ratio 22 HIGH 8-19 01
Sodium, Serum 144 134-144 mmol/L 01
Potassium, Serum 4.4 3.5-5.2 mmol/L 01
Chloride, Serum 103 97-108 mmol/L 01
Carbon Dioxide, Total 21 18-29 mmol/L 01
Calcium, Serum 10.0 8.7-10.2 mg/dL 01
Protein, Total, Serum 7.0 6.0-8.5 g/dL 01
Albumin, Serum 4.8 3.5-5.5 g/dL 01
Globulin, Total 2.2 1.5-4.5 g/dL 01
A/G Ratio 2.2 1.1-2.5 01
Bilirubin, Total 0.5 0.0-1.2 mg/dL 01
Alkaline Phosphatase, S 51 39-117 IU/L 01
AST (SGOT) 42 HIGH 0-40 IU/L 01
ALT (SGPT) 46 HIGH 0-44 IU/L 01
Testosterone, Serum 187 LOW 348-1197 ng/dL 01
Luteinizing Hormone(LH), S
LH 2.2 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL 01
FSH 1.8 1.5-12.4 mIU/mL 01
Estradiol 17.4 7.6-42.6 pg/mL 01

this was my first blood test... so looks like high sugar, liver and kidney enzymes elevated, very low test, and acceptable estrogen? i was actually expecting a high estrogen count by how my body feels.. apparently im NOT making my own testosterone.. now do i start back on test for a while and get that boosted and get tested again in a month or so and see where im at? how much a week to get loaded back up? 600mg be good? looking forward to stacking again and getting back on track. i appreciate everyones help, i am now learning the body chemistry of all this and hope to be able to help others in the future.. thank you..

See my reply in the other blood work thread you started. You have Secondary Hypogonadism and need to treat it.

See my reply in the other blood work thread you started. You have Secondary Hypogonadism and need to treat it.

In case others can't find it, Tron's advice is to get your secondary hypogonadism treated, not to start cycling. I agree, as it's WAY better to get your health straightened out first - then play if you desire.

You actually have VERY low testosterone, which is why you feel like crap. It should be pretty easy to get it prescribed, given your lab results.

Were you fasted for the draw? If not, your glucose is fine. Otherwise, you'll want to definitely treat the low T, as type 2 diabetes is potentially caused by hypogonadism.

Get on NAC btw, your liver is looking grumpy. 800-1000mg a day should sort that out pretty quickly. (AST/ALT) Everything else looks fine though. :)

yeah i wasnt gonna rush cycling, just mentioning i would like to get back to it, not gonna be anytime soon, maybe never.. obviously my test has gotta come up. Suggestion on doing an E or C every 4-5 days, how much (mg) should i take a week? I would think like 400-600 for a while to get it "boosted"? then blood test in 4 weeks? go from there? HCG???

I was basically fasted on blood test day, i drank literally half a protein shake like 3hrs before, i planned to eat after the testing. i may be diabetic???

how much NAC? i lost literally everything in my life and have been drinking more than i have before, im sure thats not helping liver numbers, ive been slowing down on that too though.. i dont do any other drugs, i do not smoke cigs, i do take a mild blood pressure med (runs in fam, had high blood pressure at 25yrs old and 10% body fat). the last year has been VERY hard on me mentally/emotionally and ive been depressed and hopeless, forcing eating like once or twice a day, not sleeping, working 70-80hrs a week and no gym at all, and STRESSSSS. so im battling a lot of stuff. im trying to get myself back in check. ive been back hard at gym a month and last couple weeks been dieting better and less than half the alcohol. its been a rough road but im really trying.

i really do appreciate the info!

Last edited:
Kingk re read halfwit post and the Megatron post that he quoted. No one is saying you should hop on test at 400 a week....

You should see a dr. Or go to a test clinic. Get you situation looked at. Maybe bring your test up using hcg or clomid/ tamox....idk.....maybe go on trt level test?
Let the dr decide.
Also seeing a dr you tell em about your situation. The drinking and the stress... I know about stress too like alot of us do. I went through a rough patch myself. But I turned to the gym and the weights more. I took my problems out on the iron. I would be too tired to care about the stress. And it helped me sleep.
I could have drank easily. But I didn't touch the stuff.
I binge ate like a mofo tho! I mean wake up and go eat a half a sack of rice cakes with a half jar of pb and then eat 2 quest bars and potato salad! Then I would feel guilty and go hit the weights next day.
Nowadays my life is better... but stress still comes at me and let me tell ya I feel for ya cause stress is bad news. It will change you and it will hurt you.
My trick is to personify stress ..... stress becomes a jealous person that would rather bring me down and knock me off my game. Poke at me and get me twisted. Like some annoying asshole you may know somewhere who always has negative shit to say.
I put an imaginary face on the stress like this. Now I know who I'm dealing with and I can take him out back and smack him around.
Idk if that helps my friend but if it does use it. Don't let it dominate you.

Last edited:
yeah i wasnt gonna rush cycling, just mentioning i would like to get back to it, not gonna be anytime soon, maybe never.. obviously my test has gotta come up. Suggestion on doing an E or C every 4-5 days, how much (mg) should i take a week? I would think like 400-600 for a while to get it "boosted"? then blood test in 4 weeks? go from there? HCG???

I was basically fasted on blood test day, i drank literally half a protein shake like 3hrs before, i planned to eat after the testing. i may be diabetic???

how much NAC? i lost literally everything in my life and have been drinking more than i have before, im sure thats not helping liver numbers, ive been slowing down on that too though.. i dont do any other drugs, i do not smoke cigs, i do take a mild blood pressure med (runs in fam, had high blood pressure at 25yrs old and 10% body fat). the last year has been VERY hard on me mentally/emotionally and ive been depressed and hopeless, forcing eating like once or twice a day, not sleeping, working 70-80hrs a week and no gym at all, and STRESSSSS. so im battling a lot of stuff. im trying to get myself back in check. ive been back hard at gym a month and last couple weeks been dieting better and less than half the alcohol. its been a rough road but im really trying.

i really do appreciate the info!

That isnt how it works. Taking exp testosterone shuts you down. So what little bit you are currently making with turn off.

Go to a doctor and get put on TRT. If you use exogenous testosterone they will know and not treat your Hypogonadism. Fix your health issues first.

BEing stressed, depressed and drinking can lower testosterone. Having low T can cause depression, which is stressful and can lead one to drinking. It's a vicious circle.

Can you afford to see a Low T clinic? there are even online clinics that will work with you from a distance. Getting on TRT will probably help you a ton with depression.

Dont take any drugs or steroids on your own if you plan to see a low t clinic, and dont waste anymore time. Make the call on monday.
If you are broke and cannot afford low T clinic you can put the time in to research doing your own TRT, lots of us do. Anything is better than going another week with 150 ng/dl... that is about half the test my wife has right now.

What are you wanting to do? Are you wanting trt or are you wanting to try and restart to get back to normal and your body functioning correctly?

Which blood test was that? I just looked on privatemdlabs for "menopausal" test as mentioned in this thread but that search gave 3 results
Estradiol sensitive
Estrogen testing comprehensive panel
Estrone serum.

Back