Thoughts on this routine

no problem magicallyminded...i was there...at 145 an 19-20 years old..6 foot tall. It really took a lot of "experimenting" to find out what really worked for my body. I've found that working a rep scheme like 12-10-8-6 works wonders on my compound exercises and then for the muscle specific exercises i use anywhere from 6-10 reps...depending on how my body feels..i like to do which ever keeps the intensity up.
Anyway amigo..good luck and let me know if you want any other pointers..i'm by no means a professional but i am an ectomorph for sure.

keep it simple--the main lifts need to be the core of your workouts, squats deads and bench, perfect form should not be sacrificed and you need to eat 5ft11 145 you are very thin.

pullinbig said:
try it and see what happens.

Agree. I used to do a 6 day program when I wasinto a BB type workout. The recovery aspect is tough but I was young.

One thing I don't like is stagnant rep dest like 4 sets of 12 when it comes to big building compound movements like squat bench and deads, military press etc. Progressive loading sems to be more effective. With progressive loading you can do high and low reps in one workout. Arnold was notiorious for doing this on his chest woout and we've all seen his chest........

Yeah PB, that does look like pretty good. Think im gonna keep that for future reference. Starting my routine tomorrow. Very optimistic.

Back