Thyroid and TRT

Not me. I was on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for two years before getting off and going natural again. Im back on now and loving it. Never had any thyroid issues. Although i hear that HGH can cause low Thyroid. What is your testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) protocol?

200MG or Test Cyp a week. Still feeling like hell and seem to be getting worse. E2 is at 27.6 so I don't believe that is the reason. Doing some research and think I may be having a thyroid problem. I don't see an endo till the beginning of September but symptoms seem to be getting worse.

Yes testosterone can decrease thyroid output. I was hypothyroid before starting testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) treatment but I have known some fellas who had thyroid issues after starting TRT. Definitely go get some blood work and see what your levels are. Additionally, along with a thyroid panel, I would test your iodine levels as well.

Thanks, man I appreciate the response! I'm going to call my Endo's office daily to try to get in if they have cancellations! Waiting for another month is going to suck!

Did you have the regular or sensitive estradiol assay done? If Regular, your estradiol may actually be too low. What are your symptoms you are feeling?

Low SHBG?

200MG or Test Cyp a week. Still feeling like hell and seem to be getting worse. E2 is at 27.6 so I don't believe that is the reason. Doing some research and think I may be having a thyroid problem. I don't see an endo till the beginning of September but symptoms seem to be getting worse.

By chance, do you know what level your SHBG is at? I ask because guys at the low end generally don't "feel" much of any benefit from TRT. I know that I don't...I have an ever so slight increase in energy, but that's it. Contrary to popular belief, low SHBG is as bad or worse than high SHBG. At least one can treat it when its high.

It was the estradiol sensitive test! Pretty much I'm still having all the low t symptoms! And symptoms are the worst at the peK of my injection. I'm 6'2 1/2 and about 206lb. I'm no not sure I have a thyroid issue or not just speculation. Not sure what my SHBG is never got it tested

If you are injecting your 200mg once a week, you could switch to 100mg every 3.5 days. That helps manage your estradiol. Your E2 looked good at 28, but that is just one point in time. Was that a trough reading? If so, get a peak reading.

And can you describe your symptoms? Do you have them every day or just certain days relative to when you inject?

Can you post your complete protocol?

Please post your lab results from pre-TRT and your most current ones.

Any other medications you take or medical issues you are dealing with?

Let's try to get to the bottom of this.

If you are injecting your 200mg once a week, you could switch to 100mg every 3.5 days. That helps manage your estradiol. Your E2 looked good at 28, but that is just one point in time. Was that a trough reading? If so, get a peak reading.

And can you describe your symptoms? Do you have them every day or just certain days relative to when you inject?

Can you post your complete protocol?

Please post your lab results from pre-TRT and your most current ones.

Any other medications you take or medical issues you are dealing with?

Let's try to get to the bottom of this.

- Sorry for the late response.....my E2 was tested on a Wednesday afternoon after doing my injection on Friday morning.

- my protocol is 200MG a week and that is it

- my pre testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) test level was 135 and when I retested on 100MG a week it was at I believe 420.

- I had elevated Triglycerides so I was on Fenofybrate but am now off of it. I am on a CPAP because I have moderate sleep apnea

- Symptoms are I have periods of anxiousness at peak of t injection, almost like all feelings good or bad are amplified, libido is all over the place turns off like someone flipped a switch, still foggy minded always tired very little energy. Also irritable at peak of injection. Also my blood pressure has gone up, I have been taking L-Arginine to try and help with the BP!

On a protocol like that, without an aromatose inhibitor, you can get money you're having estrogen issues.

Look at splitting your dose into twice weekly.
Inquire about an aromatose inhibitor.
Get a peak reading - 2 days post injection.

FWIW, irritability is personally linked to estrogen and sleep deprivation in my personal experience.

Last edited:
On a protocol like that, without an aromatose inhibitor, you can get money you're having estrogen issues.

Look at splitting your dose into twice daily.
Inquire about an aromatose inhibitor.
Get a peak reading - 2 days post injection.

FWIW, irritability is personally linked to estrogen and sleep deprivation in my personal experience.

Is peak 2 or 3 days?

Is peak 2 or 3 days?

I tried to find you a scientific link but came up short this morning.

The answer is dependent on who you ask. The half life of Test C is anywhere from 7-12 days. My doctor personally believes 7 or 8 days, while other sources will say 10 days, and the official answer was 12 days.

Test C will peak approximately 36-48 hours after injection. With some searching, you should be able to find a reputable graph online of the half life.

Basically think of it this way - it's not a bell curve, but more like a wave. Levels are at base level at time of injection, the levels build and peak somewhere around 24-36hours, then the levels begin to decline and trail off. The actual effect of Test C looks like a wave.

Here's some stuff that's probably a bit of a guess.
Hormone Replacement Therapy | Hgh Therapy | Testosterone Therapy

Medibolics

141860d1271169694-bloodwork-thread-any-advice-input-would-appreciated-cypionate-graph.jpg

Do you think estradiol would spike high in the first 2-3 days then start coming down by wednesday if I did my injection the previous friday? I'll either try to put off my shot till saturday so I can get bloodwork on monday or try to find a lab that does bloodwork on Sunday! Usually by friday evening I sart feeling shitty and feel that way till like wednesday afternoon start feeling better!

Do you think estradiol would spike high in the first 2-3 days then start coming down by wednesday if I did my injection the previous friday? I'll either try to put off my shot till saturday so I can get bloodwork on monday or try to find a lab that does bloodwork on Sunday! Usually by friday evening I sart feeling shitty and feel that way till like wednesday afternoon start feeling better!

With an E2 sensitive at that number, I don't see estradiol being the culprit here. I'd look into thyroid as you currently are as well as cortisol. Cortisol (you have apnea) is a huge reason for folks feeling tired and drained and as my sleep doc explained to me is easily caused by apnea that has gone untreated for any period of time. The reason being that your body releases adrenaline to wake you up from paralysis (sleep) as you're literally suffocating. Once that adrenaline subsides, cortisol comes out in response. Over time this can build up and possibly cause some of your symptoms. I do think injecting twice weekly helps regardless, but I would certainly get that cortisol and TSH/T3/T4/rT3/rT4 checked.

My non-MD .02c :)

For me it feels like it is directly correlated to my test levels. Test goes up and so does estradiol.

Back