Time off from gym after cycle?

crazymike

I was talking to a freind of mine. He says that I should be taking a week off from the gym after my cycle. Which I just ended last Sunday. Or else I could start spiraling down and lose a lot of my gains.
I think i am about time for some R&R! My workouts have been not so good this past week, been real tired.
So i am taking a week off starting today.

Just curious on your thoughts about this?

i would just go in there and do light sets... nothing crazy.....

bigdelt69 said:
Well your CNS could use a rest, but doing it directly after a cycle could be bad for retaining your gains.

Yes..I would wait 1 months and then just go in few times and go light...

I wouldn't totally stay away from the gym. I always thought that "as fast as you gain the muscle on gear, it is just that fast to lose it off gear if you don't try to keep it." Just maintain. Don't try to lift the gym when you work out

i dont take time off i keep the intensity high but drop my reps/sets 10-20 % to allow for the reduced recovery ability associated with low hormone levels post cycle

Well I feel a lot better today after a good rest. I was feeling really tired, and wore out. Combine that with what that guy was telling me, I figured I needed the time away.

I took last night and today off, but I will be there on Saturday as usual!

crazymike said:
Well I feel a lot better today after a good rest. I was feeling really tired, and wore out. Combine that with what that guy was telling me, I figured I needed the time away.

I took last night and today off, but I will be there on Saturday as usual!
bro its easy to overtrain postcycle , listen to your body , but dont take to much time off

crazymike said:
I was talking to a freind of mine. He says that I should be taking a week off from the gym after my cycle. Which I just ended last Sunday. Or else I could start spiraling down and lose a lot of my gains.
I think i am about time for some R&R! My workouts have been not so good this past week, been real tired.
So i am taking a week off starting today.

Just curious on your thoughts about this?

listen to your body and if you need the rest, take it, otherwise you'll crash hard..it's important to take some time off when possible..it wont hurt you to do so, I talk from my own personal experience..

If you are doing a five day a week split it couldn't hurt to drop to three and eliminate some of the "shaping" movements. Possibly could keep cortisol down, but that is just a thought. Keep the cals up though, you will need more maintance cals now that you are bigger.

Go to the gym and lift every other day, increase your rep range to 10-15, do different excercises. Make training so different it's like you're doing a different sport.

i would say train heavy like normal or just take the day off. agree on the lowered frequency. i have always taken a week off when i start clomid, but next cycle i may just drop frequency for a few weeks before taking that week off. also, maybe lower intensity, dont do that last killer rep.

I lower my intensity abit and concentrate more on my form while doing less weight and more reps. Seemed to get better results that way than when i have continued to try and lift heavy after a cycle

Also factor in that lifting weights raises/increases testosterone levels.
Helpful if yours are spiking down post-cycle.

i wouldn't do it after a cycle, your test levels are low and i would think this would cause catabolism. your not going to gain anything by working out obviousley, your goal is to retain as much as possible, and what is going to do this, working out or not working it. its sort of like when you are on very low cals you need to workout to retain muscle.

i wouldn't reduce the load you are putting on your muscles (the weight you are using), but i would reduce volume. i would keep using heavy weights for 4 weeks (or whenever you feel like your test levels are back up), with reduced volume, then take a good 9 days off. Then start over with lower a lower load, but keep the load heavy until this time. This is why i think HST is good for a cycle, especially post cycle recovery. A week off every 10 or so will be beneficial, but not immediatley after a cycle imo.

After a long cycle I like to take 2 weeks off from the gym since that is when my muscles are most catabolic. I keep a well maintained diet and usually don't lose my gains during this time. I think taking a couple weeks off helps me come back stronger.

Back