Time-span for effects of AAS to be noticed...

Micromegas

SPIRITO SANTO
I have noticed how people have been saying that it takes weeks for specific steroids effects to be noticed by the user. Why is this?

Why does it take 3 or 4 or 5 weeks for the psychological or physiological effects to be noticed?

If the drug itself is running through your veins right after you inject it, Why does it take so long before you feel the subjective effects of the drug?

Stronger pumps for instance. This seems like it would appear right after the injection.

Why doesn't it?

Can anyone explain from a physiological point of view. What exactly makes it take so long?

Only a very small amount of the gear runs through the veins, if any, after injection. The injection creates a 'depot' in the muscle. The longer the ester, the longer it takes the hormone to leave the depot.

mranak said:
Only a very small amount of the gear runs through the veins, if any, after injection. The injection creates a 'depot' in the muscle. The longer the ester, the longer it takes the hormone to leave the depot.

How about if it has no Ester?

How about if it's Oral? It should be in your system within a few hours.

Micromegas said:

more or less, yes.

Last edited:
I didn't really notice my gear (first cycle) kick in for 6 weeks. That was Test Cyp though, it's a long ester. In general, the long ester Testosterones take about 4 weeks, and orals will probably be noticed in a few days.

Sometimes it's a guessing game, kinda like other "rec" drugs. You can't really tell if you feel it or not, then bam! you turn into Coleman. lol

Micromegas said:
Then the hormone enters and leaves your system quickly.

The half-life of no-ester testosterone is a matter of hours.

Micromegas said:
Yes, orals hit the system much faster.

when people say it takes up to 4 weeks to "feel" the effects there generally talking about long ester test cycles......but lets get one thing straight while it does take a few weeks for plasma blood levels to pool up to maximum effect...the actual drug itself start to become active in as little as 24 hours after inject.....i personally get an increase in libido and strength in as little as 7 days on a test cyp cycle.....always have always will....whilst actual visual increases in size take 2-3 weeks to really "kick in"..................ill say one final thing on the subject...if i inject 500mg of test cyp today do you think i really feel the effects 30 days later when the drug has completely cleared my system in 16-19days.............

Back