Time to shock via a new routine?

Shinedown

Just wanted to start off by saying hi to everyone and thanks for all the usefull information i've gathered while lurking the boards.

Let's start off by saying that i took 2 weeks off from working out recently as things were far too crazy to allow me to get to the gym during the holidays. I am currently in a police foundations program and the running portion is quite vigorous (too much for my liking); however, this is not where my question lies. I've been on Needsize's 5X5 routine since september 2nd and as stated by him i started out quite light. I've noticed this is around the time i should be changing my routine to shock the muscles. I'll post all valuable information in proper order to help out the pro's with advice.

Diet:
#1 eggs/toast/skim milk
#2 tuna/pasta
#3 chicken
#4 Steak and w/e else i can scrummage up (not hte high end steaks i might add)
**there's also two protein shakes mixed in here and two "Mega Man" multi-vitamins (1morning and 1 at dinner)
*** it is only recently i have started to follow this good diet

Lifts: i'll only give the compound one's i guess as i assume those are most pertinent. As you already know these are on a 5X5 and are my lifts as of last week.
Bench- 200lbs
Military press- 170lbs
Deadlift- 215lbs
Close Grip Bench- 175lbs
Barbell Curls- 110lbs
Squats- 220lbs

Stats- 6"2 1/2 189lbs (i was 201 then went down to 173~ from the running and gained to what i am now in muscle i believe).

I am going for more the body building type body; however, given my chosen career i strongly wish it have much in the way of strength gains (which is why i chose needsize's routine).

I'd love as much critque on my routine/diet/lifts as possible. I've decided to go all the way with this so any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

P.S. i've been looking into the westside barbell routine posted by Iron Addict. Is it the proper way to go if i am to change routines?

Back