tips on gaining ARM SIZE?

Rhul

im constantly working on my arms to increase their size. my bicep measures at a wimpy 14.5" can anyone give me any tips on increasing them??

Rhul said:
im constantly working on my arms to increase their size. my bicep measures at a wimpy 14.5" can anyone give me any tips on increasing them??

Maybe, DO NOT consistantly train them...

How often do you train your arms? Your bi's and tri's are small muscles and should NOT be trained too much...There is a such thing as overtraining any body part...

Try doing tri's and bi's once a week ... I no longer train my arms by themselves...I do BI's with Shoulders (Sometimes chest if tired), and Tri's with back...A total of no more than 10 reps, no less than 3 exercises...(17.5 arms) ...

Bottom line is that your arms are in constant use every time you workout, shoulders, chest, back...Training too much will only have a reverse affect...They'll never grow!

tbolfist said:
Maybe, DO NOT consistantly train them...

How often do you train your arms? Your bi's and tri's are small muscles and should NOT be trained too much...There is a such thing as overtraining any body part...

Try doing tri's and bi's once a week ... I no longer train my arms by themselves...I do BI's with Shoulders (Sometimes chest if tired), and Tri's with back...A total of no more than 10 reps, no less than 3 exercises...(17.5 arms) ...

Bottom line is that your arms are in constant use every time you workout, shoulders, chest, back...Training too much will only have a reverse affect...They'll never grow!
well said .
quality and not quanity lifting , if its a isolation,concentration movement or highly reccomended by the muscle rags [ mags ] then dont do it lol . heavy basic curls,cg bench,dips,hammer curls,etc. is what i reccomend .

Stop working them.

Increase the weight you use on your big three. The really shitty thing is that arm size is pretty much genetically tied to body weight. I hit the wall around 17.5". I have to get over 225-230 to push them over 18".
Unfortunately, we each have that wall..it is different for each of us. Mine were just over 18 at 235....I bet I would have to hit 250 (we'll never know) to get 19 or bigger.

I always used to do 6 sets for bi's and tris. Then I started doing only 5 sets and seen that it was working. I have been doing only 4 sets lately and I am loving that too!

Sample:
I'll do 2 sets of standing curls, then 2 sets of preacher dumb curls.
Then I'll do 2 sets of nose crushers, then 2 sets of dips.

I go all out for each set, taking them to failure. After doing only 8 total sets for my arms I am feeling some great pumps!

You wanna go heavy to gain mass...but you dont wanna go too heavy as to where ur using rocking motions or other muscles like shoulders and back to help you get the weight up. Cuz lets face it....at that point ur not working ur bies.

And stretching is important. I didnt feel gains until i started stretching my bies in between sets. Biceps are small muscles...theres no need to over train them.

Deadlifts + straight bar curls = sick pump

Last edited:
Rhul said:

#1. what are your stats?

a. height
b. weight
c. best bench
d. best squat
e. best deadlift
f. age
g. BF% (if known)

#2. What is your diet like
a. How many cals per day?
b. how much protein?
c. how many carbs?
d. how much fat?

height-6'2" 3500-4000cals
age-19 160g pro
weight-168lb i dont really count carbs and fat i just try and keep fat low.
best bench-95kg
best squat-100kg
sorry about the kg's i need to work on my conversion maths.

There you go... you're 6'2 168lbs...
Gain weight and get stronger on your core lifts and your arms will certainly follow. Wouldn't hurt to increase your protein intake either.

Back