Tired of being a fat strong guy.

Bigman7887

Hey all so I want/ need to lose fat. I am 6,3 and weigh 390 pounds 23 years old. Current body fat is 38.5%. I have never done any drugs or peptides but I am about to start IGF 1 LR3. I'm hoping this helps me lose the weight faster and is the " Icing on the cake" with a good clean diet. Also thought about combining that with PEG-MGF 200 mcgs once or twice a week. I was reading these two peptides work well together as long as times correctly. My thought is to consume 3000 calories a day with my macros being 30/35/35 carbs/protein/ fat. I will be dosing 60 mcgs of igf EOD.
Now questions
1 does this sound like a good plan?
2 what should my lifting look like? I was thinking 4x a week but should I even try to do hypertrophy workouts or focus on maintaining the muscle I already have? I am a powerlifter and would love to at least keep my strength.
3. Should I inject IGF pre or post workout?

Any advice or constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated.

as for cardio I am still trying to decide what forms would be best. I have been cycling outside for 30-40 minutes 1-2 times a week. Also I have been doing laps once a week.

You need to put the compounds aside and just focus on diet training and cardio... At your size you'll see impressive results quickly.... Don't make the mistake of using gear to help you right nownn

You need to put the compounds aside and just focus on diet training and cardio... At your size you'll see impressive results quickly.... Don't make the mistake of using gear to help you right nownn

Hire this guy and win. It's not a coincidence that easily the majority of long-time posters on this board are also 3J clients. ;)

Yes, I am one of them and have had great success.

Reactions: 3J

Why not use the peptide if it helps speed up
The process?

Because losing weight is like an onion... It happens in layers... Taking compounds this early in like moving your queen in step two of chess... Its never a good idea

Why not use the peptide if it helps speed up
The process?

Both of the peptides you mentioned don't qualify as fat loss aides, ie they're not thermogenics or appettite suppressants.
I should add that at your bf% your probably slighly insulin resistant so injecting igf-1 is a terrible idea.

As 3J stated, at your weight you can afford to have a larger caloric deficit that will lead to very good fat loss results.
Save the good compounds (not the peptides you mentioned) for when you may actually need them - sub 15%bf at the earliest :)

I'm hoping this helps me lose the weight faster and is the " Icing on the cake" with a good clean diet./QUOTE]

Sounds like what I wanted to do. I have done the short cut way all the times I tried cutting fat and adding muscle and strength and every time I end up back in the same place. Hum sounds like insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Well this time I spent a while here reading and asking questions and realized the importance of doing it slowly. I don't like slow LOL. I can tell you this I've been working with 3J for a month and I am seeing and feeling the results. Slowly but surely I'll obtain my goals if I just stay the course and adapt this new way of life.

I think when I finally stopped thinking of it as a diet and as a new lifestyle everything changed for the better.

Good luck

Because losing weight is like an onion... It happens in layers... Taking compounds this early in like moving your queen in step two of chess... Its never a good idea

I understand, also I responded in My other thread but I'll say it again. Your beginners guide to steroids was helpful and made me understand what you were saying more.

Both of the peptides you mentioned don't qualify as fat loss aides, ie they're not thermogenics or appettite suppressants.
I should add that at your bf% your probably slighly insulin resistant so injecting igf-1 is a terrible idea.

As 3J stated, at your weight you can afford to have a larger caloric deficit that will lead to very good fat loss results.
Save the good compounds (not the peptides you mentioned) for when you may actually need them - sub 15%bf at the earliest :)
Ok sounds good, appreciate the feedback

I'm hoping this helps me lose the weight faster and is the " Icing on the cake" with a good clean diet./QUOTE]

Sounds like what I wanted to do. I have done the short cut way all the times I tried cutting fat and adding muscle and strength and every time I end up back in the same place. Hum sounds like insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Well this time I spent a while here reading and asking questions and realized the importance of doing it slowly. I don't like slow LOL. I can tell you this I've been working with 3J for a month and I am seeing and feeling the results. Slowly but surely I'll obtain my goals if I just stay the course and adapt this new way of life.

I think when I finally stopped thinking of it as a diet and as a new lifestyle everything changed for the better.

Good luck

Yeah man it just sucks I wish it was a fast process. But then again it took me a while to put on this weight so I can't expect it to just fall off :/. Good luck to you as well.

Besides getting your diet and training in check for losing weight, one of the most challenging things psychologically for anyone who trains to go through is when they lose weight the feeling of losing their overall size, and losing some of their strength. There is a trade off, and you must keep that in mind, and let it happen. Of course you don't want to lose all your strength, that may be a sign of losing more muscle than fat, but strength will go down.

Last edited:
Besides getting your diet and training in check for losing weight, one of the most challenging things psychologically for anyone who trains goes through when they lose weight is losing the feeling of their overall size, and losing some of their strength. There is a trade off, and you must keep that in mind, and let it happen. Of course you don't want to lose all your strength, that may be a sign of losing more muscle than fat, but strength will go down.

agreed.. its typical to lose some strength while cutting.. you have to let go of your "big strong guy" attitude to cut for sure

Yeah man it just sucks I wish it was a fast process. But then again it took me a while to put on this weight so I can't expect it to just fall off :/. Good luck to you as well.

You will be surprised how quickly you can progress with proper nutrition and training man. As 3j said someone of your size and so on is in a position to make a significant transformation if you nail down the hardest part - diet.

Back