To all you younger/newer guys

jcp2

Community Veteran
stop by the training forum and ask some questions, and get some discussions going. After walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes today and watching the bastardized exercises being done, it dawned on me that training is such a neglected aspect of these boards, and it shouldn't be. I had people watching me doing front squats today in amazement, and i find that bizzare. Just a thought for the day.

....and even the older guys and vets, always something new to learn, try, or share. Variety is the spice to life when it comes to training. :D

And with all the info found in the traing forum and all the different views on traing, workouts, etc...you can really tailor yourself a good plan...

E

I agree 100%. It's almost scary looking around the gym and seeing some of the form that people are using. The training forum is here to educate everyone on not only safe ways of performing an exercise but also different options for training routines and whatnot.
There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this board so please take advantage of the knowledge that you have at your fingertips.:)

Ditto to all.
I agree with Fyre (of course I ALWAYS agree with Fyre!) about form. Some of the stuff I see even trainers allowing/encouraging is jaw-droppingly dangerous/ineffective/inefficient.
I've learned tons from the training forum here. Also, the Recycle Bin forum has some great training tips.

jcp2 said:
stop by the training forum and ask some questions, and get some discussions going. After walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes today and watching the bastardized exercises being done, it dawned on me that training is such a neglected aspect of these boards, and it shouldn't be. I had people watching me doing front squats today in amazement, and i find that bizzare. Just a thought for the day.

hmm the date of this thread bothers me!!
but nonetheless a very good point..i lift in a normal gym where most people are clueless..
front squats always get a strange look..as do box squats lol..i like when people copy me i just wish they would ask why it is im doing that this way they will at least understand if its something hey should be doing..

anyway great point jcp..1g of test/week wont do much if your training blows
:)

blackbeard said:
hmm the date of this thread bothers me!!
but nonetheless a very good point..i lift in a normal gym where most people are clueless..
front squats always get a strange look..as do box squats lol..i like when people copy me i just wish they would ask why it is im doing that this way they will at least understand if its something hey should be doing..

anyway great point jcp..1g of test/week wont do much if your training blows
:)
I was looking for an old post and saw this. :)

I do this new exercise where I get on an incline bench with some 20 lb. dumbbells and with one arm I curl and the other I press. Then I switch. It gives me a killer pump. I just do four sets of that and I'm spent for half a week. I can't even hug my friend Bob for the next couple days bc my pecs are so sore.

bleachcola said:
I do this new exercise where I get on an incline bench with some 20 lb. dumbbells and with one arm I curl and the other I press. Then I switch. It gives me a killer pump. I just do four sets of that and I'm spent for half a week. I can't even hug my friend Bob for the next couple days bc my pecs are so sore.

Hahahahahahahaah

fellas this is a great thread . imagine what kind of results you could get if you trained properly instead of just relying on juice to grow :insane2:
for most of you that was just kidding but you can bet your ass there are many here who study steroids like its a religeon asking questions in this forum left and right but rely on a article in a muscle rag for their training advice .
NEWSFLASH muscle rags exist to make a profit and sell magazines not to make you the next coleman , 95% of the articles ive read in them is mindless dribble meant to fill the pages . if you want to learn about lifting go to the training forum and listen to guys like IRON ADDICT , IN HUMAN , PULLINBIG , etc. guys like that dont talk the talk , they walk the walk .

what is even scarier are the Certified Personal Trainers that are teaching their clients these bizzarre excersises

Die$eL~Man said:
what is even scarier are the Certified Personal Trainers that are teaching their clients these bizzarre excersises

a good cpt is few and far between..
the other problem with cpt's not many people really wanna deadlift and squat heavy so even if a cpt knew those things most of their clients arent into that..

Back