To many pull-ups?

shaggz

i just recently got a pull up bar, set up right outside my room and Ive been busting out like 50 pullups first thing every morning when i wake up.

I know lifting the same thing every day is bad for your joints adn can inhibit results..but pull ups are different than lifting, it seems mroe natural for body.i could be wrong i dont know, but

is doing pull ups everday a good way to build up my lats, or is it a bad idea, and i should just do them on my usual back-workout days?

if you can do more than 15 at a time..you need to start wearing a weighted vest or hold weights with your feet. Doing 30 pull-ups is a good accomplishment, that is all in one hanging session. nice

Aczech said:
if you can do more than 15 at a time..you need to start wearing a weighted vest or hold weights with your feet.
Agreed.

Back to your question though; yes, you should only work your lats on your back days IMO. It's like saying you're doing 50bench presses first thing in the morning, just to try to bring out your chest. You will most definitely not make many gains from this and it might even inhibit you from gaining on the days where you DO try to gain strength/size.

shaggz said:
i usually do 25-30 / 15 / 10-15

ok to do everyday though?

Judging by your stats listed I would stop concentrating on your upper body lifts, and start looking into your lower body lifts.

Bench Press 225lbs -10x
Squat 205lbs -10x
Pull ups 30
Dead Lift 185lbs -10x

I mean you are benching more than you are squatting and deadlifting. That's grossly disproportional/embarrassing.

MattyBoy682 said:
Judging by your stats listed I would stop concentrating on your upper body lifts, and start looking into your lower body lifts.

Bench Press 225lbs -10x
Squat 205lbs -10x
Pull ups 30
Dead Lift 185lbs -10x

I mean you are benching more than you are squatting and deadlifting. That's grossly disproportional/embarrassing.

I agree your legs should be atleast 1.5x stronger than your upper body. I've also heard doing leg exercises raises your test level a little. Not for sure if thats true or not though.

yea i know its weird... ive been lifting all upper body since 18, and didnt start doing squats or deads until like a year ago.
(http://www.steroidology.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1256140#post1256140) I wish i started doing those when I was was younger, I never realized how important they are for your whole body's strength.
but when i did my first squat about a year ago, i was straining to do 135(thats embarasing). Im doing 215(3x10) now... so Im working on it

Last edited:
Back