too cheap to buy a crimper

fett54

anyone know another way to crimp alum seals...or shortcuts?

What about a way to secure the rubber stoppers with duct tape (yes I said it) or that new plastic wrap stuff from glad...its not like its any less sterile that alum laying around the house in a box, plus its the rubber thats coming into contact...

they sell stoppers that have a fold-over top, such that you can plug the vial and roll the rubber sleeve over the rim of the vial. I use em sometimes and I think pb mentioned he does to.

i have those too, they work great for my conversions and oral solutions. will they be ok for vials of injectibles?

You have to sterilize them first, which in my opinion isnt the safest route, but im sure people do this all the time without problems. IMO just take tx's advice with the sterile vials.

well, really its easier to get the gear in an unstopped vial, hence why I dont want to get sealed ones...just want to reseal after putting in stuff...the rollover stoppers look good...where can I get them???

pullinbig said:
i like the red stoppers. they hold up better than the regular ones. plus it makes home brewing easier.

thats the main reason i like them as well. they hold up way better than the gray butyl ones.

you can get them at getpinz.com and most other places.

I think I saw screw on tops on some vials somewhere. I don't know where but that may work. You would still have to sterilize them though

Back