too much sugar substitute bad???

carljaxx005

I've heard a lot about splenda, sweet n low, and equal being bad for you, but iv also heard exactly the opposite. I use splenda on evrything (oateal, coffee, etc.) and Ive noticed it bloats me a little, but will it have a huge effect on my weight loss and diet???

i cant personally say anything about it personally, but ive seen the top contest prep gurus say its fine to use during contest prep.

Suareezay said:
i cant personally say anything about it personally, but ive seen the top contest prep gurus say its fine to use during contest prep.
Good to hear. I like crystal lite....it helps me get my 5 litres per day of water.

I actually googled this, and it turns out that they are all recognized as safe by the American Cancer Association (or something along those lines). It was on their website. Apparently, the problems that arose from aspartame (that caused all those reports, etc) were from cancer studies done on mice/rats. They discovered down the road that the cancer was caused from a metabolic pathway that is absent in humans/unique to mice/rats.

Back