Top 3 forearm mass builders

volatile

As above, people say deadlifts are good for forearms which is most probarbly true but I would like to know what you think the 3 top forearm mass builders are excluding deadlifts,

Many thanks

(1) Seated Barbell Forearm Curls. Sit on bench and rest your forearms near the end of bench, then with your palms up, curl the bar with your forearms. You have the option of keeping your hands tight around the bar and curling at your wrists only, OR when you get to the low part you can let the bar roll down into your fingers, then roll it back up with your fingers and finish curling with your hands around the bar. So you can curl by bending just at your wrists, or bend at your wrists, then your fingers.

(2) Seated Barbell Forearm Extension. Same exercise but with palms down. You can't use your fingers though.

(3) Standing behind back barbell forearm curl. As in (1), you can curl at your wrists or both your wrists and fingers.

I like supersetting (1) with (2). I also think that, with the curling movements, it is a good idea to curl at your wrists and fingers until your fingers fail, and then just curl with you wrists alone until your wrists fail.

if you are doing heavy weights your foreamrs will get hit..i dont see the need to do wrist curls

only other thing that is beneficial are hammer curls hit the bi's and forearms at the same time..remember its a small muscle so its not going to grow any faster until you put size on your frame

I have pretty long and thin forearms...monkey arms...lol. They don't look very big but have gotten bigger lately.

Once a week I'll do 3 sets of standing wrist curls for 20 reps each. Then I'll do standing reverse wrist curls as well with a bar for 20 reps (or as many as I can). I don't rest much...maybe 1 minute between...maybe.

I also work with the grippers and never use straps. I've pulled 602 x 2 double overhand before with quite a bit left in me (with a bent and smooth bar).

B True

If size is the issue, multiple (many sets) of captian of the crush grippers, and those hokey wrist rollers actually work well for size. Forearms are one of the few muscles I need to do lots of sets with to make them grow.

IA

iron addict said:
If size is the issue, multiple (many sets) of captian of the crush grippers, and those hokey wrist rollers actually work well for size. Forearms are one of the few muscles I need to do lots of sets with to make them grow.

IA

The forearm blaster wristroller is great, you can make your own from a piece of pvc, a nylon rope and a carabiner.

Back