Training each muscle group once/week

Deepglute

30 YEARS AAS EXPERIENCE
For those of you who train each muscle group just once per week does that include calves as well?

I ask because I know that calves are supposed to recover very quickly so I have always trained them twice per week.

Wondering if anyone has experience better calve development by switching to training them just once per week.

i train all my muscle groups once a week. the only muscle i will do 2x is abs. if you train calves with enough intensity they should be sore for the rest of the week. if your looking for bigger calves (who isnt?) you shouldnt try to substitute volume for intensity. either train calves with light weight for high reps or with high weight and low reps. my .02 cents. good luck!

You can train each muscle 2 x a week and still get good results if you stay away from high volume and vary intensity too avoid burnout .........

That depends on if you are natural first and foremost.Your recovery rate on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) is greater than that of a natural trainer.
I,m natural and hit one bodypart a week..... works for me!

abarlament said:
I train legs 3 times a week. Front squats on M, Overheads on W, and Back squats on F (Nitro Squat program).

My legs would break off :p !

however i bet i could place a can on my ass perfectly and keep it still :D

Here is a calf killer routine

Seated calf rasies each set has 6 reps. Do 6 sets. After each set drop the weight 10lbs if you are not able to do all 6 reps. Once you can do 6 reps on the first set then increase the weight 10lbs.

standing calf raises using the same method as above.

final is standing calf raise with very little weight
do 9 reps
rest 10 sec
do 12 reps
rest 10 sec
do 15 reps
rest 10 sec
do 12 reps
rest 10 sec
do 9 reps

if you are able to get through all reps increase the weight for the next week.

70w30 said:
That depends on if you are natural first and foremost.Your recovery rate on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) is greater than that of a natural trainer.
I,m natural and hit one bodypart a week..... works for me!
very good point, anabolics definately speed recovery

BigMoFoCa said:
Here is a calf killer routine

Seated calf rasies each set has 6 reps. Do 6 sets. After each set drop the weight 10lbs if you are not able to do all 6 reps. Once you can do 6 reps on the first set then increase the weight 10lbs.

standing calf raises using the same method as above.

final is standing calf raise with very little weight
do 9 reps
rest 10 sec
do 12 reps
rest 10 sec
do 15 reps
rest 10 sec
do 12 reps
rest 10 sec
do 9 reps

if you are able to get through all reps increase the weight for the next week.

I can vouch for this..... it fuckin hurts!!!!!!!!
(I start with 12 reps andwork down to 8, but the same idea)

Back