Transdermal carriers

GymLift

I haven't researched it yet, but it seems like the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) boards often mention DMSO as a transdermal carrier. But apparently DMSO isn't the only transdermal carrier. I'm starting to research that and it appears that compounding pharmacies use such items as hydrophilic petrolatum (e.g. Aquabase or Aquaphor) when compounding.

Does anyone here by chance happen to know enough about all of this that they might be able to reply with a bit of an "intro" for me (and others)?

Thanks mr.universe. I'll add that to my list of potential transdermal carriers.

Still really curious for an intro on 'transdermals.'

99% alcohol is good too. That was all that Biotest's androsol used as a base back in the day when they made that stuff. I think pretty much all gear has a molecular structure that is similar and small enough to bind to the alcohol as a carrier, and to be transdermally absorbed.

ErgoPharm 4diol spray was good stuff and contained just Ethanol, Isopropymyristate, and some water. Formula from AnabolicMinds that is the most popular is as follows for a 240 ml bottle.

Iso Alchohol 96 mls 40%
Iso Myristate 36 mls 15%
Iso Palmitate 36 mls 15%
Oleic Acid 24 mls 10%
Propylene Glycol 24 mls 10%
DMSO 24 mls 10%

Iso Myristate and Iso Palmitate can be combined to 30% Iso Myristate
Can add 2mls of D-limonene to mix to combat DMSO smell.

Keep to around 12 grams or 50mg/ml for optimal absorbtion

Last edited:
ive got a big ass bottle of DMSO left over from my last fina transdermal experiment. what else can i use this stuff for?

mesomorph said:
99% alcohol is good too. That was all that Biotest's androsol used as a base back in the day when they made that stuff. I think pretty much all gear has a molecular structure that is similar and small enough to bind to the alcohol as a carrier, and to be transdermally absorbed.
Mostly correct except long esters dont do well in transdermals.

Other than using it as a carrier DMSO is great for swollen injection sites or deep muscle pain and bruising. It has both anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It is believed to inhibit free-radical production, thus reducing pain and inflammation.

Finaplix to FinaDerm Ration

mr.universe said:
We offer a product called FINAderm which claims to have 80% uptake of whatever hormone is used in conjunction with it. check it out on our site www.universalkits.com/finaderm.htm

Hi Mr. Universe, sorry to be a 'tard but I know shiznik about this stuff. Checked out the FinaDerm Kit. What's the optimum amount of Finaplix to dissolve in the kit as supplied? Say I wanted to run a 40 day cycle at 50 mgs per day dose of Finaplix ... how much Finaplix in how much FinaDerm?
Also, since I'm just bombing you with newbie questions ... each pump is 2 ml so how would I know I was at the 50 mgs per day dose rate? Thanx if you ever get around to this.

mranak said:
Ethanol or isopropyl?

The carrier for Retin-A (or generic) gel would be considered a transdermal too, right?

Not sure on the gel. PLO gel is suppose to be good stuff for that.

On the alcohol, either ethenol or Isopropyl, I use isopropyl.

I did my first experimentation with Prop. It didn't dissolve in the 99%. So I ended up having to dissolve it in BB (Benzyl Benzoate), heated, first.

Kind of curios why this is so, so far I have always used either Androsol or Andro Spray as the base for Tren, which dissolved it well, with the notorious little bit of gray slime at the bottom to filter out. There are differing opinions on what that is, most figure that is left over binder.

Anyhow, with the test dissolved first in BB, then in the 99%, it is a very clean, clear, non-sticky liquid, with no sediment whatsoever. I am very impressed with doing it that way. May try that with the tren pellets too next to see how that works. I used 10 grams to make 32 Oz of spray. which is good for 7 - 8 weeks. That is the only thing about transdermal, it definitely takes more gear.

About 12gm pr 12000mg / 250mg per 10ml application or 4 pumps. The gel/liquid is not sticky has a pleasant odor, leaves no residue and dissolves just about any type of powder mixed with it. It also doesn't contain any DMSO.

mr.universe said:
About 12gm pr 12000mg / 250mg per 10ml application or 4 pumps. The gel/liquid is not sticky has a pleasant odor, leaves no residue and dissolves just about any type of powder mixed with it. It also doesn't contain any DMSO.

Would the same 250mg concentration apply to traditionally lower dosed compounds like NPP or test prop?

Back