trap/shoulder injury

notbigenuff

I think I may have screwed up my right shoulder doing shrugs behind my back. It was painfull to touch the acromion for 3 or 4 days. It doesn't hurt anymore but a regular shrugging motion is still a little painful.

It has been hurting for about 2 weeks. It feels a little better every day but I don't want to agrivate it. Dumbell laterals don't hurt but bent-over laterals do. It's not excruciating (probably a 3 or 4 on a scale of 1 to 10)

Ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Avoid the exercises that hurt bro. Take some Aleve. It will heal up, but not if you keep aggravating it. I had tendonitis in my left shoulder for 2 years, because I refused to take the steps necessary to remedy it. In fact, the only reason it ever did heal, was because I got a pinched nerve in my neck that put me on the shelf for 3 weeks. By the time I came back from that, the tendonitis was gone. I would've taken it over the pinched nerve though.

Point is, rest it.

I would have to agree with SkedMeds, avoid the excersises that hurt. If you chose to keep lifting, I would drop weight and add reps to all excersises which involve the shoulder, you will still get a decent pump. And there is no shame in taking a little time off to let things heal. Tear the legs up while the shoulder rests though.

Back