Tribute to Dr Franco Columbu

sandiegojack

Thursday, August 7th, is Dr Franco Columbu's birthday. He'll be 62. I just wanted to say "Thanks" to Dr Columbu for everything he as done for the sport of bodybuilding, as well as his contribution to fitness in general. From financially poor beginnings, his biography reads like a success story of life. To name a few of his accomplishments, he speaks at least three languages, has traveled throughout the world, received his doctoral degree, and reached the pinnacle of bodybuilding, the Mr. Olympia two times. Often known as Arnold's partner, Franco achieved perfection in his own right.

But he has given back much more. In addition to his books, videos, magazine articles, lectures, and personal training, his advise has helped many people to live a healthy, active lifestyle. He is truly a role model for anybody.

So Thanks again and well deserved Best Wishes to Dr Columbu for his upcoming birthday and many years to come.

Sandiegojack

I thought Franco won the short class ?While Arnold took the overall.
I might be wrong ......if I am I stand corrected!
Things are not like the old days anymore no commraderie.
Welcome !

It's sometimes funny to see Franco and Arnold standing up... Arnold towers over most of the bodybuilders, even for his day. I saw a pic of him hugging Franco, once... he was sort of picking him up, arm wrapped around Franco, and he looked like a teddybear compaired to Arnold (because of the height difference)

I agree! No one had a back quite like Franco!

Franco was, is, and always will be a positive inspiration to bodybuilders as an example of a driven life that has pushed to success in all arenas.

Back